Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WISCONSIN Hockey Vol. 22 - Let's not have another cheesy thread title... Wait, What?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: WISCONSIN Hockey Vol. 22 - Let's not have another cheesy thread title... Wait, W

Guys please, just stop crackin' wise about Mark Johnson. The guy is a REAL American HERO.

I probably shouldn't post this... Just do me a favor and keep it between us, OK? -- So, I have a friend who is a Navy Seal, he got me this pic. At first I didn't believe it, but I showed to another guy I know in the State Department and he outright denied the whole thing, so obviously that tells you something...

http://imgur.com/gpNsj
    Originally posted by WiscTJK
    I'm with Wisko and Tim.
    Originally posted by Timothy A
    Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

• Re: WISCONSIN Hockey Vol. 22 - Let's not have another cheesy thread title... Wait, W

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
      Guys please, just stop crackin' wise about Mark Johnson. The guy is a REAL American HERO.

I probably shouldn't post this... Just do me a favor and keep it between us, OK? -- So, I have a friend who is a Navy Seal, he got me this pic. At first I didn't believe it, but I showed to another guy I know in the State Department and he outright denied the whole thing, so obviously that tells you something...

Internet winner.

Comment

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post

Hello!!! Bin Laden wasn't a commie.....You should have stuck him on the Berlin Wall. Still, I did LOL.
        Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
        Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
        "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
        Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Is there a series thread for this weekend's games that I missed? I thought about starting one, but usually those Tech fans have it up there Saturday night....right after they lose to whoever.

Comment

The buyer I had for Friday's tix just backed out.

Got two seats and a primo parking pass for $40. ($60, retail)

Section 204, row A. Parking pass right out front of KC.

Comment

Originally posted by Innova View Post
              Is there a series thread for this weekend's games that I missed? I thought about starting one, but usually those Tech fans have it up there Saturday night....right after they lose to whoever.
              MTU had a game tuesday so that might be part of it...didnt see one the last time I looked
              Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

My weekends prediction:
                Friday- UW 3 MTU 2
                Saturday- UW 6 MTU 2

I know I predict Wisconsin sweeps all the time, but I only predict the games I fell sort of confident in.

So hopefully UW sweeps this weekend going into Huntsville next week.
                WISCONSIN BADGERS
                NCAA Championships: 1973, 1977, 1981, 1983, 1990, and 2006
                WCHA Regular Season Champions: 1977, 1990, and 2000
                WCHA Tournament Champions: 1970, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1982, 1983, 1988, 1990, 1995, 1998, and 2013
                B1G Tournament Champions: 2014
                Hobey Baker winner: #5 Blake Geoffrion

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
                  The buyer I had for Friday's tix just backed out.

Got two seats and a primo parking pass for $40. ($60, retail)

Section 204, row A. Parking pass right out front of KC.
                  Can you promise that people in your section won't think we're friends of yours if we buy?
                  Last edited by burd; 12-06-2012, 05:27 PM.

Comment

I know some of you don't get over to the blog very often, but during our podcast this week I did a 15 minute interview with Nic Kerdiles that I think is pretty good. He talks about the situation at the draft involving the hotel rooms and how that all played out. He also talks about putting on that Wisconsin sweater for the first time. Check it out if you're interested.

LINK

Kerdiles interview starts around the 18:30 mark.

Comment

*****http://i820.***********.com/albums/zz128/Gurtholfin/USCHO/197940_10151293926679904_1886354290_n.jpg******

Yeah, yeah, I know, hockey thread...

Puck bag. <-- Obligatory hockey reference.

Comment

*****http://i820.***********.com/albums/zz128/Gurtholfin/USCHO/197940_10151293926679904_1886354290_n.jpg******

Yeah, yeah, I know, hockey thread...

Puck bag. <-- Obligatory hockey reference.
                        in other words
                        Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Watching his presser reminded me of why I really couldn't stand him by the end of his run.

The line that went something like this was so much awesome though:

"I won't be utilizing a search committee (to find the new coach), search committees utilize ME."

Win or lose, I'm gonna enjoy this little trip down memory lane. What makes it tolerable is that it's 4 weeks and one game and then we should have someone new. And that new someone should be pretty high quality and most importantly, not Bret Bielema.

Back check.

Comment

Originally posted by UWisco View Post
                            My weekends prediction:
                            Friday- UW 3 MTU 2
                            Saturday- UW 6 MTU 2

I know I predict Wisconsin sweeps all the time, but I only predict the games I fell sort of confident in.

So hopefully UW sweeps this weekend going into Huntsville next week.
                            Tech is almost dead last in scoring D, UW is almost dead last in scoring O, Tech can score goals, UW can stop goals. Kato lit UW up @ home, we shut DU down on the road. I see some scintillating 2-2 games, though Kerdiles could push UW over the top to a couple tight wins.

Baggott brought up the attendance issues to BA, Ba says he's not concerned, and if he was, he wouldn't let on. As someone stated in the Fire Eaves Thread, it will come down to what Fraizer thinks in the end first. He'll advise BA what to do and BA will act accordingly. Just win Baby!

Comment

Watching his presser reminded me of why I really couldn't stand him by the end of his run.

The line that went something like this was so much awesome though:

"I won't be utilizing a search committee (to find the new coach), search committees utilize ME."

Win or lose, I'm gonna enjoy this little trip down memory lane. What makes it tolerable is that it's 4 weeks and one game and then we should have someone new. And that new someone should be pretty high quality and most importantly, not Bret Bielema.

Back check.
                              Not to turn this into a BB thread, but after the 1st 3 years I wanted BB gone. His record was clearly trending down. The next 2 years were great, this season had the chance to be great, but the overall turnover in the program was too much to over-come for a double digit win year. So what I'm saying is I'm on the fence as far as am I happy he's gone. He's nuts to go into the SEC and think he's gonna beat LSU and Bama. He's gonna have at least 3 losses every year and never sniff the SEC title game. I like the way BA's handled this so far.

Comment

You can't blame a guy from taking the steps necessary to achieve his career goals, but the way BB did this and the things he said in his first presser seemed awfully self serving. In his coaching he has done things that seemed designed to accomplish his goals at the expense of some unwritten codes, such as running up scores (last year mostly) and using the rules in kickoff situation in a way that was within the written rules but outside what some would call ethical standards (I didn't have a problem with it). I wonder if those of you who know him and his coaching better see any similarity between the way he coaches and the way he handled this hire.

Oh, and it's a great day for hockey.

Comment

Working...
                                X