Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WISCONSIN Hockey Vol. 22 - Let's not have another cheesy thread title... Wait, What?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: WISCONSIN Hockey Vol. 22 - Let's not have another cheesy thread title... Wait, W

Chuck did a great analysis of the 1 1 3 over on the 5th Q blog. Check it out.
    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

• Re: WISCONSIN Hockey Vol. 22 - Let's not have another cheesy thread title... Wait, W

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
      Chuck did a great analysis of the 1 1 3 over on the 5th Q blog. Check it out.
      Thanks. LINK if anyone is interested.

Have to admit, I was pleasantly surprised watching the film. Lot more aggressive than I had remembered live.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
        Thanks. LINK if anyone is interested.

Have to admit, I was pleasantly surprised watching the film. Lot more aggressive than I had remembered live.
        I think what we seem to remember after the fact is the times that it didn't work not the times that it did. Being shutout didn't help that impression.

That said, changing the forecheck wasn't going to happen overnight and was going to have se growing pains.

Comment

Originally posted by Almington View Post
          I think what we seem to remember after the fact is the times that it didn't work not the times that it did. Being shutout didn't help that impression.

That said, changing the forecheck wasn't going to happen overnight and was going to have se growing pains.
          I also noticed watching the play back was how many point blank shots UW had in the first period that they shot right into Howe's gut. Mersch, Dahl, and Ramage all had prime opportunities and couldn't bury it. Barnes was close a couple times as well. Need to finish.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
            I also noticed watching the play back was how many point blank shots UW had in the first period that they shot right into Howe's gut. Mersch, Dahl, and Ramage all had prime opportunities and couldn't bury it. Barnes was close a couple times as well. Need to finish.
            This is always a problem for Badger teams. They know how to hit the goalie in the chest better than any team in the nation and miss empty net chances when the goalie is out of position. The latter I now refer to as the Michael Davies. I don't know how many times he whiffed over the years on the backdoor.
            Sixty Minutes. No Alibis. No Regrets.

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet
            Well... Baggott does kind of suck.
            Originally posted by UWisco
            It's funny, there is actually a "team" performing worse than the hockey team at the KC this year. The ushers/security are completely worthless.

Comment

quick thoughts on the coaching vacancy (interim)...Pete Johnson? he was an assistant during some very good years in Madison.

or what are Ben or Patrick Eaves doing right now?
              Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
                quick thoughts on the coaching vacancy (interim)...Pete Johnson? he was an assistant during some very good years in Madison.

Patrick Eaves plays for the Detroit Red Wings and Ben is in Europe.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
                  Patrick Eaves plays for the Detroit Red Wings and Ben is in Europe.
                  I thought that Ben Eaves had some roll at BC because all his injuries had ended his playing career.

Comment

Originally posted by Almington View Post
                    I thought that Ben Eaves had some roll at BC because all his injuries had ended his playing career.
                    He had, but when Butters stepped down I checked into where he was at and it says he's playing in Europe.

Comment

Good job out of your boys tonight. Especially that one Peterson guy.

You were screwed twice with major calls that should not have been, yet no goals came from them. The hockey gods spoke.
                      the state of hockey is good

Comment

• Originally posted by state of hockey View Post

You were screwed twice with major calls that should not have been, yet no goals came from them. The hockey gods spoke.
                        I could see how the CFB was called, although I didn't like it with my red-colored glasses on. Definitely not able to make sense of the call on Barnes though. How that was a hit to the head major is beyond me. Should've been a minor.

To echo my sentiments in the series thread, I am pleasantly surprised by tonight.
                        If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
                          Peterson had a great game. Odds are that tonight MN first line will not be held pointless, resulting in Peterson not having a great game. Game time 8:07

Comment

• Originally posted by Call It View Post
                            Peterson had a great game. Odds are that tonight MN first line will not be held pointless, resulting in Peterson not having a great game. Game time 8:07
                            Peterson won't be having a great game tonight, but that will probably be on account of Rumpel getting the start.
                            If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
                              I could see how the CFB was called, although I didn't like it with my red-colored glasses on. Definitely not able to make sense of the call on Barnes though. How that was a hit to the head major is beyond me. Should've been a minor.
                              No, that's not a cfb. I'd have been fine with boarding due to the awkward way that the Gopher went into the boards.

A 5 and game dq is too much for that and the ref should have had the sense to realize that and make the right call.

The consequences of the call far outweighed the infraction.

To be honest, if that first cfb had never happened, I may have been more open to the second call as it was close to the headhunting hits that need to be eliminated.

Comment

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post

Pete Johnson had all he could do to run Eagle's Nest and when he filled in on the women's team, they didn't do so well.

Pete's a good guy, but no dinosaurs.

I'm hoping that Eaves is looking for a younger, eager guy. Get someone in that position with some energy and enthusiasm.

Comment

Working...
                                X