Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WISCONSIN Hockey Vol. 22 - Let's not have another cheesy thread title... Wait, What?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: WISCONSIN Hockey Vol. 22 - Let's not have another cheesy thread title... Wait, W

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
    http://www.uwbadgers.com/sports/m-ho...110712aae.html

well, not sure what this means. I'm not sure Butters brings enough to the table anymore (given he'd been out of the game for a while and his passion I think lies elsewhere at this point) to consider this a huge loss.
    Agree, I see it as a huge oppurtunity to find a person that may be more formidable on the recruiting trail. Downside is it is midseason and anyone worth their salt should be employed at this point.

Comment

• Re: WISCONSIN Hockey Vol. 22 - Let's not have another cheesy thread title... Wait, W

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
      http://www.uwbadgers.com/sports/m-ho...110712aae.html

well, not sure what this means. I'm not sure Butters brings enough to the table anymore (given he'd been out of the game for a while and his passion I think lies elsewhere at this point) to consider this a huge loss.
      There has to be more to this story, doesn't there? Leaving after the season has started to be with family seems like screwing the team. Illness in the family? Eaves pushing him out? Or just a rat, literally, jumping the ship?
      Randy Schmidt should be / has been fired.
      Exhibit A | Exhibit B

Help Cure MS
      sigpic
      Donate

Wisconsin Hockey: "When you say WISCONSIN, you've said it all!"
      1973, 1977, 1981, 1983, 1990, 2006

Circle, circle, dot, dot, dot...

Comment

Originally posted by icebadger View Post
        There has to be more to this story, doesn't there?
        Seems like there should be. Think Eaves pushed him out?

Comment

As with all coaching departures, I'm sure there is lots of untold juicy details. If you dislike Eaves, you can spin it as he is a taskmaster that is impossible to work under the thumb of and Butters reached his breaking point. If you like Eaves, you can say Butters was a dinosaur who had shown the game had passed him by and Eaves acted decisively to right a poor hire. Whatever the real story may be, thanks and good luck to Butters and here's hoping Eaves has a Hynes or Oz up his sleeve. I hear Ryan Suter has been helping out around the Caps with his spare time from the lockout

Comment

Listening to Eaves and Butters audio right now. It's clear this was Bill's choice. I'll have quotes soon.
            Last edited by Chuck Schwartz; 11-07-2012, 04:46 PM.

Comment

Any idea what potential canidates may take over for Butters. Maybe just a interim coach for the year? I would personally love to see Brian Rafalski behind the bench.
              WISCONSIN BADGERS
              NCAA Championships: 1973, 1977, 1981, 1983, 1990, and 2006
              WCHA Regular Season Champions: 1977, 1990, and 2000
              WCHA Tournament Champions: 1970, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1982, 1983, 1988, 1990, 1995, 1998, and 2013
              B1G Tournament Champions: 2014
              Hobey Baker winner: #5 Blake Geoffrion

Comment

Originally posted by UWisco View Post
                Any idea what potential canidates may take over for Butters. Maybe just a interim coach for the year? I would personally love to see Brian Rafalski behind the bench.
                On a napkin I just scrached the first names that came to my head.

Chris Tok, Dan Boeser, Brian Rafalski, Gino Cavallini, Alex Brooks, Rob Andringa, Mark Strobel, Barry Richter, Andy Brandt, Sean Hill, AJ Degenhardt.

Any other names come to mind?

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post

Chris Tok, Dan Boeser, Brian Rafalski, Gino Cavallini, Alex Brooks, Rob Andringa, Mark Strobel, Barry Richter, Andy Brandt, Sean Hill, AJ Degenhardt.

I hope that the list isn't limited to former Badger players.

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
                    I'm sure it won't be, those are just names that came to mind immediately from within the program. Well, Cavallini isn't a former Badger, but you get the point.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post

Bruce Driver, Dan Plante, Dustin Kuk, Erik Raygor (not limiting this to former d-men obviously), Maco Balcovec, Dave Tanabe (assuming he's done playing now)
                      Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
                        Anyone who is hired at this point would most likely be temporary through the rest of the season, not many qualified coaches are going to leave in the middle of the season. Best to find someone with ties to the team to fill the spot and then conduct a full search after the season.

Comment

Originally posted by Almington View Post
                          Anyone who is hired at this point would most likely be temporary through the rest of the season, not many qualified coaches are going to leave in the middle of the season. Best to find someone with ties to the team to fill the spot and then conduct a full search after the season.
                          Exactly, the perfect hire right now is to get them through this transition. They'll do a full search after the season where bigger names will be available.

Comment

I was always a huge fan of Steve Rohlik. Wish he wouldn't have went with Oz, and instead replaced him on the Badger bench.

Comment

John Hill.
                              the state of hockey is good

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
                                John Hill.
                                Kill me now.

Comment

Working...
                                X