Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WISCONSIN Hockey Vol. 22 - Let's not have another cheesy thread title... Wait, What?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: WISCONSIN Hockey Vol. 22 - Let's not have another cheesy thread title... Wait, W

IMO the Badgers played decent tonight. I also saw thay the boys were getting absolutley ****ed with the refs, couple times Ramage got heated with them. Been to 4 games this season and refereeing has been very questionable. Lots of icing getting waved off and penalties not being called or not the right call being made.

Zulinick has shown the abilities of being scary good.

Zengerle got hurt blocking shot early in game and Woods appeared to get hurt in last minute of game.

Feel free to comment.
    WISCONSIN BADGERS
    NCAA Championships: 1973, 1977, 1981, 1983, 1990, and 2006
    WCHA Regular Season Champions: 1977, 1990, and 2000
    WCHA Tournament Champions: 1970, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1982, 1983, 1988, 1990, 1995, 1998, and 2013
    B1G Tournament Champions: 2014
    Hobey Baker winner: #5 Blake Geoffrion

Comment

• Re: WISCONSIN Hockey Vol. 22 - Let's not have another cheesy thread title... Wait, W

Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
      There is a black & white picture on http://uwbadgers.com with Bob Johnson and 5 players. I recognize Mark Johnson, Pete Johnson, Bob Suter, and Lee Skille. Pretty sure the pic is highlighting Madison kids. I recognize the player between Lee and Pete, but can't remember who it is. Anybody know? This was obviously taken in the mid 70's.
      Brian Campbell? Matt Walsh? pure guesses here
      Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Zengerle broke a finger.

Comment

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
          Brian Campbell? Matt Walsh? pure guesses here
          I was thinking Brian (Soup) Campbell as well.
          If at first you don't succeed, try cheating.

Comment

Originally posted by Badger Booster View Post
            I wonder if there has been any thought of making the upper deck $10 general admission?
            No offense, but I'm not willing to give up my upper deck seats for anybody. Certainly not for people paying $10. They were my seats of choice when the Kohl Center opened, and aside from the effing stairs, they remain so.
            "This world is your world. Take it easy, but take it." - Woody Guthrie

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
              Zengerle broke a finger.
              Crap!
              WISCONSIN BADGERS
              NCAA Championships: 1973, 1977, 1981, 1983, 1990, and 2006
              WCHA Regular Season Champions: 1977, 1990, and 2000
              WCHA Tournament Champions: 1970, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1982, 1983, 1988, 1990, 1995, 1998, and 2013
              B1G Tournament Champions: 2014
              Hobey Baker winner: #5 Blake Geoffrion

Comment

Was just told 5-6 weeks for Zengerle....

Zengerle used the term "mangled" in reference to his finger when I spoke to him. I feel terrible, one of the great guys in college hockey.
                Last edited by Chuck Schwartz; 11-03-2012, 10:54 PM.

Comment

1-4-1

I'm sure there's a good explanation.

Nothing to see here...

Comment

Boy, this team can't catch a break. I don't know what to say, but losing at home is getting to be a too common occurance.

Comment

Originally posted by Carter View Post
                      No offense, but I'm not willing to give up my upper deck seats for anybody. Certainly not for people paying $10. They were my seats of choice when the Kohl Center opened, and aside from the effing stairs, they remain so.
                      No offense taken, just looking for some different ideas to fill those huge chunk of empty seats in the third deck, especially on the end and corners.

Comment

Struggling to decide where I'm going to take my recap. Frustrating weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
                          Was just told 5-6 weeks for Zengerle....

Zengerle used the term "mangled" in reference to his finger when I spoke to him. I feel terrible, one of the great guys in college hockey.
                          awful news for Mark. GET WELL SOON.

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
                            1-4-1

I'm sure there's a good explanation.

Nothing to see here...
                            ...I'm trying very hard not to be a pessimist as I was most of last season but...

Comment

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
                              ...I'm trying very hard not to be a pessimist as I was most of last season but...
                              You're not the only one. Tough to find a silver lining in this weekend.

Kerdiles suspension suck? Yeah. Zengerle injury suck? Yeah. Is this team talented enough to fight through that? Yeah.

Frustrating. This team is better than getting swept by a mediocre CC team. I saw it last weekend in Duluth with my own two eyes. I SAW IT.

Frustrating.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
                                You're not the only one. Tough to find a silver lining in this weekend.

Kerdiles suspension suck? Yeah. Zengerle injury suck? Yeah. Is this team talented enough to fight through that? Yeah.

Frustrating. This team is better than getting swept by a mediocre CC team. I saw it last weekend in Duluth with my own two eyes. I SAW IT.

Frustrating.
                                I agree based on what I've heard on radio these past two weekends...it's just...I don't know. Rumpel is playing his *** off. Zulinick is coming into his own quickly. Barnes seems to be as creative as ever and Zengerle is a beast. there's just something missing or not clicking and I can't put a finger on it.

Kerdiles obviously will change things

my main concern right now is the D. I hope they can come around (and ...I'd like to see Chase Drake out there to see what he can do now, I was impressed by his brief appearances last year).

on a side note did anyone else know Badger Bob ran the offense Eaves implemented for this season? on one hand it does not surprise me as Bob was an innovator and took many ideas from Europe, NHL or Olympics and brought them to Madison, but his teams scored a ton of goals so I guess I should re-assess that style of play considering when I think of the trap I think of the NJ Devils in 1994-96ish and not the high flying (relatively) badgers of the late 70's

Comment

Working...
                                X