Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WISCONSIN Hockey Vol. 22 - Let's not have another cheesy thread title... Wait, What?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: WISCONSIN Hockey Vol. 22 - Let's not have another cheesy thread title... Wait, W

Originally posted by Gandalf the Red View Post
    Derek Lee can't catch a break, now a scooter accident sidelines him for the weekend. W/ all the bad drivers in Madison, maybe it would be best for the team to shelve the scooters, and ride around instead in armored cars.
    Ditch the scooters all together and just walk. I thought the whole point of the practice facility on campus was to get rid of the scooter accident potential. This is SO frustrating. A slow start to this season will doom this team.
    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

• Re: WISCONSIN Hockey Vol. 22 - Let's not have another cheesy thread title... Wait, W

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
      Ditch the scooters all together and just walk. I thought the whole point of the practice facility on campus was to get rid of the scooter accident potential. This is SO frustrating. A slow start to this season will doom this team.
      Have you been hanging out on Buckyville? People over there think the sky is falling after 2 games. Everyone needs to settle down, and yes, get off the scooter and walk.
      Sixty Minutes. No Alibis. No Regrets.

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet
      Well... Baggott does kind of suck.
      Originally posted by UWisco
      It's funny, there is actually a "team" performing worse than the hockey team at the KC this year. The ushers/security are completely worthless.

Comment

Have you been hanging out on Buckyville? People over there think the sky is falling after 2 games. Everyone needs to settle down, and yes, get off the scooter and walk.
        No Buckyville for me. I've been fighting the falling sky theory in my head since a couple Saturdays ago. I think everyone is anxious to see these players perform to the level we expect, and it's a scary though that your pp qb is off this week and Kerdiles is as well, so a team that is scoring challanged is missing 2 of their top 6 forwards. Here comes that sky again!

Comment

No Buckyville for me. I've been fighting the falling sky theory in my head since a couple Saturdays ago. I think everyone is anxious to see these players perform to the level we expect, and it's a scary though that your pp qb is off this week and Kerdiles is as well, so a team that is scoring challanged is missing 2 of their top 6 forwards. Here comes that sky again!
          I'm not going to say they are scoringly challenged yet. This gives no credit to N. Michigan's goalie, he was not Alex Kangas or Helen Briggs.

I'm not worried yet, I will be in a few weeks if they don't show progress. 34 games to go is a lot of hockey to play.

It's funny, there is actually a "team" performing worse than the hockey team at the KC this year. The ushers/security are completely worthless.

Comment

Kerdiles is going to be playing with the USA U18's this weekend vs the Gophers and St. Thomas per Chris Peters.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
              Kerdiles is going to be playing with the USA U18's this weekend vs the Gophers and St. Thomas per Chris Peters.
              interesting...I hope he does some "recruiting" while there (assuming there might be 1-2 good players who are uncommitted?)
              Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Originally Posted by UW#1
                Does anyone think a run of poor results could have any impact on Kerdiles decision making if he gets a partial suspension?

I wrote, "I don't think so, but ANY suspension will result in him heading to B.C. on the next plane out".

Well Chuck, it turned out pretty good! I like my crow original recipe with mashed potatoes & gravy. I can't wait until late November to watch this kid play.
                "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
                  Originally Posted by UW#1
                  Does anyone think a run of poor results could have any impact on Kerdiles decision making if he gets a partial suspension?

I wrote, "I don't think so, but ANY suspension will result in him heading to B.C. on the next plane out".

Well Chuck, it turned out pretty good! I like my crow original recipe with mashed potatoes & gravy. I can't wait until late November to watch this kid play.
                  I'll take a beer instead, you can skip the crow.

Comment

UW is implementing a new forecheck system, the 1-1-3. This would explain a lack of shots/forechecking issues from the first series as they all get adjusted to it, I feel better now.

Comment

UW is implementing a new forecheck system, the 1-1-3. This would explain a lack of shots/forechecking issues from the first series as they all get adjusted to it, I feel better now.
                      http://www.misfitopia.com/uploads/12...y_1_1_5425.jpg
                      tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
                        [I]
                        If you pay $9.99 (month pass then cancel after) you can watch him play tonight against the Gophers, it will be on Gopher all access. The stream isn't too bad, I have it and will be watching tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by SanTropez View Post
                          If you pay $9.99 (month pass then cancel after) you can watch him play tonight against the Gophers, it will be on Gopher all access. The stream isn't too bad, I have it and will be watching tonight.
                          Really? It is pretty obvious MCR is using a play on words. He can wait, and will wait, but is looking forward to seeing Kerdiles on the ice. No honest Badger fan would give $10 to any rodent program to see a kid play one game of hockey.

Comment

Really? It is pretty obvious MCR is using a play on words. He can wait, and will wait, but is looking forward to seeing Kerdiles on the ice. No honest Badger fan would give $10 to any rodent program to see a kid play one game of hockey.
                            I realize what he was saying, I was just throwing out the info that this kid would be playing against his future opponent and if he wanted to see him play against them it would be $9.99.

Now back to your regular scheduled deer humping...

Comment

Hopefully it's for just for certain lines or certain situations/opponents. A 1-1-3 is pretty painful to watch from a fan standpoint. If they win games with it i'm all for it, but not many teams have used a left wing lock as their base forecheck. They used a variation of the 1-2-2 trap when Eaves started out.

Comment

Originally posted by markwojo View Post
                                Just wanted to share that I crossed paths with Josh Engel. He is now coaching with the Milwaukee Junior Admirals, their Squirt team. My son's team scrimmaged the Jr Ad's in Josh's first game as their coach a couple weekends ago. He apparently just got the job as the prior coach had been let go a month into their season. I was a little suprised he had given up playing as he had been playing in the AHL and is still pretty young. I'm not sure you make a ton of money in the AHL though, so if he got a good job in the Milwaukee area and can dabble with coaching to stay in hockey (I think some of those AAA coaches can make a very nice secondary income) he may be better off financial. For what it is worth, we played to a 4-4 tie (it was the kind of tie your are disappointed in as I felt we had the better of the play)
                                It's not a bad gig. Most of the primary coaches make in the 28-36K range. I believe they also have to do some occasional promotion work for the admirals and some skating company too. The kicker is your weekends pretty much suck.

Comment

Working...
                                X