Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WISCONSIN Hockey Vol. 22 - Let's not have another cheesy thread title... Wait, What?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: WISCONSIN Hockey Vol. 22 - Let's not have another cheesy thread title... Wait, W

Originally posted by Gandalf the Red View Post
    Has thing actually been confirmed by Eaves/UW or Nic Kerdiles himself yet? The waiting is killing me, maybe I should have just asked him when I walked by him at the Women's game.
    Not officially. I'd probably tune into the presser Monday afternoon though.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
      You are correct, but it has probably been overstated how much influence the NHL team actually has in this decision. Final call was always on Kerdiles.
      True, depends on if the NHL team is willing to offer an entry level contract or not under normal circumstances. With the lockout in effect they can't even do that currently.

Comment

Re: WISCONSIN Hockey Vol. 22 - Let's not have another cheesy thread title... Wait, W

Not officially. I'd probably tune into the presser Monday afternoon though.
        As expected, Kerdiles announces during today's presser that he's staying at Wisconsin. Very powerful statement as well. We'll have the full transcript when it's available.

Comment

As expected, Kerdiles announces during today's presser that he's staying at Wisconsin. Very powerful statement as well. We'll have the full transcript when it's available.
          I have a ton of respect for this kid. Many college players have bolted just because of a lack of playing time or special teams opportunities as under-classmen in the past. Here is a kid who received what many consider an unfair shake from the NCAA. Instead of taking the easy way out, he is sticking it out and focusing on what he can control. Props to Nic. I hope young players around the country are paying attention to the wonderful example he is setting.
          @MNState0fHockey on Twitter
          On the Web at www.mnhockeycentral.com
          High School, Gophers, and Wild News on Facebook at Minnesota Hockey Central

Comment

Talk about a pleasant surprise.

Edited to add: What was the gist of what Kerdiles said in the presser?
            Last edited by ExileOnDaytonStreet; 10-22-2012, 01:39 PM.
            If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Outstanding news! Love this kid, upstanding young man, a real role model for young kids to look up to. When the going got tough, he decided to take the tougher road and stick with his commitment. Denver better be ready at the end of next month, because here is one young man who will be ready to unleash 10 games worth of hell on the WCHA!

In the future of I will refer to this entire ordeal as the Kerdiles Injustice.
              Sixty Minutes. No Alibis. No Regrets.

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet
              Well... Baggott does kind of suck.
              Originally posted by UWisco
              It's funny, there is actually a "team" performing worse than the hockey team at the KC this year. The ushers/security are completely worthless.

Comment

Good to see Justin Schultz off to a great start in the AHL. Named Player of the week for his performance last week.

http://www.tsn.ca/ahl/story/?id=407912

Comment

Originally posted by Gandalf the Red View Post
                  Outstanding news! Love this kid, upstanding young man, a real role model for young kids to look up to. When the going got tough, he decided to take the tougher road and stick with his commitment. Denver better be ready at the end of next month, because here is one young man who will be ready to unleash 10 games worth of hell on the WCHA!

In the future of I will refer to this entire ordeal as the Kerdiles Injustice.

I get where you're coming from, but you might want to focus your incident title on the family rep who should have known better.

Comment

Good news in a way, I guess, but it just shows he's a weanie who is afraid to play with the big boys.

He'll have to play against big boys come February, though, so he better either hit the weights or learn to turtle, gopher-style, cause Rocco will manhandle him.

Comment

• Re: WISCONSIN Hockey Vol. 22 - Let's not have another cheesy thread title... Wait, W

Here's the video from today's press conference for those interested.

http://www.uwbadgers.com/allaccess/?media=342790

Edit to add: Accompanying Baggot article with quotes: Link
                      Last edited by icebadger; 10-22-2012, 04:25 PM.
                      Randy Schmidt should be / has been fired.
                      Exhibit A | Exhibit B

Help Cure MS
                      sigpic
                      Donate

Wisconsin Hockey: "When you say WISCONSIN, you've said it all!"
                      1973, 1977, 1981, 1983, 1990, 2006

Circle, circle, dot, dot, dot...

Comment

• Re: WISCONSIN Hockey Vol. 22 - Let's not have another cheesy thread title... Wait, W

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
                        I get where you're coming from, but you might want to focus your incident title on the family rep who should have known better.
                        Pulver Sports Totally Screwed Nic Kerdiles Incident of 2012? Or PSTSNKI12 for short?

I get what you are saying, but regardless Nic was the one the NCAA handed the injustice down on, not Pulver Sports.

It's funny, there is actually a "team" performing worse than the hockey team at the KC this year. The ushers/security are completely worthless.

Comment

Originally posted by icebadger View Post
                          Here's the video from today's press conference for those interested.

http://www.uwbadgers.com/allaccess/?media=342790

Edit to add: Accompanying Baggot article with quotes: Link
                          wow. by all accounts Nic is or was described as a good kid, a character guy, I think he pretty much summed all that up in about 45 seconds. good for him!

And I hope his friends in California get to see what happens as a result of all of this which will be a great experience at a great school, educationally and the opportunity to play for UW!
                          Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Great News, now we get him back in time to just make a run all the way through Pittsburg.....

Comment

Derek Lee can't catch a break, now a scooter accident sidelines him for the weekend. W/ all the bad drivers in Madison, maybe it would be best for the team to shelve the scooters, and ride around instead in armored cars.
                              Last edited by Gandalf the Red; 10-24-2012, 11:50 AM.

Comment

Will be really interesting to see how Zulinick does in the middle this weekend. UW struggled in the faceoff circle in Green Bay.

Comment

Working...
                                X