Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WISCONSIN Hockey Vol. 22 - Let's not have another cheesy thread title... Wait, What?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: WISCONSIN Hockey Vol. 22 - Let's not have another cheesy thread title... Wait, W

I got a chance to listen to "On Wisconsin" today on the Big 1070, and Brian Posick interviewed Chuck Labahn, the fellow who largely bankrolled the facility named after him. Interestingly, beside the fact that he swam for the UW in WAY back in 1946, was the fact that he's never seen a "hockey match", as he put it. I certainly assumed the guy who the rink is named after actually enjoyed hockey, let alone seen a game or two. Good for him and thanks a ton Mr. Labahn.

Say what you want, but the coach is the undisputed leader of the team. The team takes on the personality of the coach. I think Eaves is very intense and uptight, and his team plays that way. The intensity can be channeled to help come back from being down, but then uptightness is channeled into blowing 3rd period leads and not winning in OT. I think more mature players learn how to be relaxed in that atmosphere, whereas a younger player has a tougher time dealing with it.
    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Re: WISCONSIN Hockey Vol. 22 - Let's not have another cheesy thread title... Wait, W

Hearing a lot of positive rumors, nothing real reportable. But it's better than hearing negative rumors.

Comment

The wait is killing me.
        If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Former & Present Blackhawks will be playing a charity game at Allstate Arena (Rosemont Horizon) next Friday.

Word is that Burish was the chief motivator behind this and you can see a Badger presence on both teams. Good seats are only $35.

I'm seriously considering this. Reunion of the Stanley Cup Hawks and to some degree, the '06 Badgers.

http://blogs.suntimes.com/blackhawks..._play_in_.html
          Last edited by Gurtholfin; 10-19-2012, 10:24 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
            Former & Present Blackhawks will be playing a charity game at Allstate Arena (Rosemont Horizon) next Friday.

Word is that Burish was the chief motivator behind this and you can see a Badger presence on both teams. Good seats are only $35.

I'm seriously considering this. Reunion of the Stanley Cup Hawks and to some degree, the '06 Badgers.

http://blogs.suntimes.com/blackhawks..._play_in_.html
            That's great, except for the parts where the Chicago Blackhawks can kiss the fattest part of my ***.

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
              That's great, except for the parts where the Chicago Blackhawks can kiss the fattest part of my ***.
              Don't worry, maybe someday the North Stars, er, Wild can have a Stanley Cup reunion. Maybe...

Comment

If I went to the Hawks player game, it would only be because proceeds are for a charity and so I could boo every one of the jagbags on the ice...especially Mr union rep Toews. Why is it so hard for the NHLPA to understand that every other pro sport in North America shares 48-50% of revenue with their players and the 50/50 split the owners just offered with mechanisms to pay current contracts without a rollback is the middle ground. 3 counteroffers that at best get to 50/50 in 5 years (and at worst never) from now is complete stupidity. Donald flippin' Fehr is the guy you hire as your union president....gee I wonder why were not playing hockey.

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
                  Don't worry, maybe someday the North Stars, er, Wild can have a Stanley Cup reunion. Maybe...

*sigh*

Comment

Can Kerdilies really be about a hotel room? Football guys get ****e paid for by agents, get caught way after the fact, and make a donation to charity and miss no time at all. And for those talking about shoegate and that somehow having any baring on this....how long ago was that and this is an infraction before a kid was even in the program. The draft was in the Summer and the kid wasn't here until the fall....can't see how UW gets much say so in any of that much less long past transgressions in the mix

Comment

Told that a decision is in. Apparently there is a conference call that is taking place now or very soon. I don't know the decision or who is on the conference call.

Comment

I got my fingers crossed.

Comment

Originally posted by markwojo View Post
                          If I went to the Hawks player game, it would only be because proceeds are for a charity and so I could boo every one of the jagbags on the ice...especially Mr union rep Toews. Why is it so hard for the NHLPA to understand that every other pro sport in North America shares 48-50% of revenue with their players and the 50/50 split the owners just offered with mechanisms to pay current contracts without a rollback is the middle ground. 3 counteroffers that at best get to 50/50 in 5 years (and at worst never) from now is complete stupidity. Donald flippin' Fehr is the guy you hire as your union president....gee I wonder why were not playing hockey.
                          I don't understand the idea of choosing not to get paid vs getting paid for what you are very skilled at. Sure the players shouldn't be getting taken advantage of, and I don't think anyone thinks they are getting completely screwed to begin with, but losing most/all of another season will cost them way more money in the long run. Fans don't put up w/ that kind of bullsh*t.

I have very little pity for pro sports, these guys are getting to live almost every male's dream: play sports and get paid handsomely for it. Especially the star players, they will make more in a year than most of us will make in decades of work, I want some humility. That goes for the owners too, they need to get over themselves as well.
                          Sixty Minutes. No Alibis. No Regrets.

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet
                          Well... Baggott does kind of suck.
                          Originally posted by UWisco
                          It's funny, there is actually a "team" performing worse than the hockey team at the KC this year. The ushers/security are completely worthless.

Comment

Originally posted by Gandalf the Red View Post
                            I don't understand the idea of choosing not to get paid vs getting paid for what you are very skilled at. Sure the players shouldn't be getting taken advantage of, and I don't think anyone thinks they are getting completely screwed to begin with, but losing most/all of another season will cost them way more money in the long run. Fans don't put up w/ that kind of bullsh*t.

I have very little pity for pro sports, these guys are getting to live almost every male's dream: play sports and get paid handsomely for it. Especially the star players, they will make more in a year than most of us will make in decades of work, I want some humility. That goes for the owners too, they need to get over themselves as well.
                            It will continue as long as the fans continue to buy tickets. My center ice plan has been canceled for the entire season with no chance of it being renewed. We will review next year as to wether I will renew it or not. I have no pity for either side on this issue. I was contemplating wether to make a couple United Center runs this season and that will not happen. Guess it is Madison high school hockey, junior hockey, and a handful of badger games.

Comment

What is taking so long?!?!?!?

Comment

the effing wait is killing me!

also - what's up with Baggot not writing about anything hockey related since 10-13?
                                Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X