Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WISCONSIN Hockey Vol. 22 - Let's not have another cheesy thread title... Wait, What?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shirtless Guy
    replied
    Re: WISCONSIN Hockey Vol. 22 - Let's not have another cheesy thread title... Wait, W

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
    I just saw the "classic" jersey for the game in IL and I like them.
    Those jerseys are ugly as hell.

Leave a comment:

• Red Cows
    replied
    Re: WISCONSIN Hockey Vol. 22 - Let's not have another cheesy thread title... Wait, W

With Kato and UAA the next 4 wcha games, they can keep their push going before a tougher stretch of games in the league. The way the D is playing, it's a good feeling to know you'll be in every game. Kato is only 3 pts ahead, a sweep is critical to increasing the odds of getting home ice. Kata is no pushover @ 14-6-2, but UW is at full strength now, and that's not debatable. Is full strength enough to get home is? We shall see.

MSU got to 3 points ahead of Wisconsin while already having played SCSU, Minnesota, Denver, & UNO, I think it's appropriate to mention.They also have one of the better offenses and defenses in the entire league as well as one of the league's better power plays. We had our hands full against them in our building. They are definitely no slouches.

Your remaining schedule is pretty brutal, IMHO

Leave a comment:

• Timothy A
    replied

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
    congrats to UW this weekend, I had hoped for a split but a sweep is pretty extraordinary. 6-7-5 heading to Mankato, who knows, if they get more than 2 points there things could be looking up
    With Kato and UAA the next 4 wcha games, they can keep their push going before a tougher stretch of games in the league. The way the D is playing, it's a good feeling to know you'll be in every game. Kato is only 3 pts ahead, a sweep is critical to increasing the odds of getting home ice. Kata is no pushover @ 14-6-2, but UW is at full strength now, and that's not debatable. Is full strength enough to get home is? We shall see.

Leave a comment:

• Chuck Schwartz
    replied

Updated where the Badgers on NHL contracts will be playing this season, now that the lockout is over.

LINK

Leave a comment:

• bucky15
    replied

Besides Wittchow's 20 second break from the game on the ice, sounded like the D played awesome last night.

Leave a comment:

• Chuck Schwartz
    replied

Longest unbeaten streak since 05-06 (5-0-3). Haven't been great opponents, but they've taken care of business in games they need to win lately.

Goal of 16-6-4 since the return of Kerdiles now means it's down to 11-6-1. That's possible.

Leave a comment:

• solovsfett
    replied

congrats to UW this weekend, I had hoped for a split but a sweep is pretty extraordinary. 6-7-5 heading to Mankato, who knows, if they get more than 2 points there things could be looking up

Leave a comment:

• Suze
    replied

Originally posted by uaafanblog View Post
    Agreed.
    So many things need to be fixed, it's very overwhelming.

Leave a comment:

• uaafanblog
    replied

Originally posted by Suze View Post
    I most certainly can. But the players are leaving because of the coach. Enough said.
    Agreed.

Leave a comment:

• Suze
    replied

More than defending Shyiak I've been an advocate for stability. Talafous for 5 years, Hill for 3 years and I didn't want to see Shyiak go after 4 or 5 for stabilities sake. The inability to get local elite players and the inability to keep other top players after their freshman years has doomed the program from advancing. It has been and will be the same year after year for exactly that reason. Can you imagine how much better the team would be this year if they'd kept the players they've lost over the last 3 years? I can.
    I most certainly can. But the players are leaving because of the coach. Enough said.

Leave a comment:

• uaafanblog
    replied

More than defending Shyiak I've been an advocate for stability. Talafous for 5 years, Hill for 3 years and I didn't want to see Shyiak go after 4 or 5 for stabilities sake. The inability to get local elite players and the inability to keep other top players after their freshman years has doomed the program from advancing. It has been and will be the same year after year for exactly that reason. Can you imagine how much better the team would be this year if they'd kept the players they've lost over the last 3 years? I can.

Leave a comment:

• Suze
    replied

Someone was totally sandbagging. The video was 400% percent better than my first experiece years ago. I didn't have any problems watching it, albeit I only watched the 2nd period (was at the movies during the 1st, too tired to stay up for the 3rd).
    Nobody was sandbagging, it has been horrible this season. Maybe they have finally fixed it. I hope so!

Leave a comment:

• Suze
    replied

Hey, I'm living in Chicago. This is the only way i get to see the games as well. So I have no interest in it no working. I'm just really frustrated this season as much as I was the last season Talafous was at the helm.
    Hmph! I've been saying Shyiak has to go for several years now, and you are the one who has been defending him. I guess you are finally starting to see what many other UAA fans see. Shyiak was outcoached, again, last night. How many TV timeouts did Eaves use as a team time out, with his team huddled around the asst. coach, yet Shyiak did NOTHING?

Leave a comment:

• Timothy A
    replied

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
    Donald is just trying to talk everyone into not watching so its not bogged down a much. I think its worth watching but everyone has their own tolerance level
    Someone was totally sandbagging. The video was 400% percent better than my first experiece years ago. I didn't have any problems watching it, albeit I only watched the 2nd period (was at the movies during the 1st, too tired to stay up for the 3rd).

UAA and UW looked pretty even in the 2nd period. Both teams had some great chances get stoned by the tenders. I'm not going to complain at all about a 5 goal outburst, other than they didn't cash in on the 5 minute pp. UW is averaging 4.67 gpg over the last 3.

Leave a comment:

• Chuck Schwartz
    replied

I said Wisconsin had to go 16-6-4 down the stretch for a SHOT at an at-large bid. Since then, they've gone 4-0-3.

12-6-1 finish is possible.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X