Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WISCONSIN Hockey Vol. 22 - Let's not have another cheesy thread title... Wait, What?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gandalf the Red
    replied
    Re: WISCONSIN Hockey Vol. 22 - Let's not have another cheesy thread title... Wait, W

Originally posted by bucky15 View Post
    Rumpel has been playing well, but a cardboard cutout would have gotten a shutout Saturday night. Should be a fun weekend against Kato.
    Using that cutout would free up some scholarship money...

Leave a comment:

• bucky15
    replied
    Re: WISCONSIN Hockey Vol. 22 - Let's not have another cheesy thread title... Wait, W

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
    UW is 2-0-2 since November at home, they are on fire. The schedule certainly plays in their favor in that regards. I'm reasonably excited, the goaltending has been fabulous over the streak, with a combined 1.25 gaa. Just when you thought Petersen was taking the position, Rumpel pushes right back. I've always hated goalie tandems, but with these guys you really can't argue it. Now UW needs Kerdiles and Zengerlee to find some chemistry to really get the foot on the throttle all the way.
    Rumpel has been playing well, but a cardboard cutout would have gotten a shutout Saturday night. Should be a fun weekend against Kato.

Leave a comment:

• mnstate0fhockey
    replied

I love the sweater your guys will be wearing. Very sharp. I love vintage sweaters. Too bad this Gopher's 1936-48 sweater is a home sweater because I think it would have complimented nicely (same style and same era) with the one Wisconsin will be wearing. The Gophers have said they will be wearing a special sweater as well. I'm curious which one they will choose.

Leave a comment:

• Timothy A
    replied

Originally posted by Gandalf the Red View Post
    Usually when you look at the schedule and see 11 home games, 6 road games and an outdoor to end the season, as a fan you feel pretty good about things. Could some of those games instead be played on the road? Flying to Alaska worked well the first time.
    UW is 2-0-2 since November at home, they are on fire. The schedule certainly plays in their favor in that regards. I'm reasonably excited, the goaltending has been fabulous over the streak, with a combined 1.25 gaa. Just when you thought Petersen was taking the position, Rumpel pushes right back. I've always hated goalie tandems, but with these guys you really can't argue it. Now UW needs Kerdiles and Zengerlee to find some chemistry to really get the foot on the throttle all the way.

Leave a comment:

• Gandalf the Red
    replied

Usually when you look at the schedule and see 11 home games, 6 road games and an outdoor to end the season, as a fan you feel pretty good about things. Could some of those games instead be played on the road? Flying to Alaska worked well the first time.

Leave a comment:

• solovsfett
    replied

Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
    Zulinick is not back yet, and I don't anticipate him playing this weekend.

I think I might have mentioned it when the initial injury was diagnosed, but I had the same injury as Zulinick in high school. It's a really tricky injury and can be severely painful in nature. I remember it took me almost a month before I had full mobility in the leg and I had to go through rehab to get back on the ice. Hopefully he's back soon, as he's a weapon offensively that this club can use.
    thanks, hopefully he can be back for the Miami series

Leave a comment:

• Chuck Schwartz
    replied

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
    re: full strength, is Zulinick back? I don't think I heard his name on the broadcast this weekend
    Zulinick is not back yet, and I don't anticipate him playing this weekend.

I think I might have mentioned it when the initial injury was diagnosed, but I had the same injury as Zulinick in high school. It's a really tricky injury and can be severely painful in nature. I remember it took me almost a month before I had full mobility in the leg and I had to go through rehab to get back on the ice. Hopefully he's back soon, as he's a weapon offensively that this club can use.

Leave a comment:

• solovsfett
    replied

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
    With Kato and UAA the next 4 wcha games, they can keep their push going before a tougher stretch of games in the league. The way the D is playing, it's a good feeling to know you'll be in every game. Kato is only 3 pts ahead, a sweep is critical to increasing the odds of getting home ice. Kata is no pushover @ 14-6-2, but UW is at full strength now, and that's not debatable. Is full strength enough to get home is? We shall see.

I just saw the "classic" jersey for the game in IL and I like them.
    I like the jersey too! and...I'm a glutton for punishment maybe, despite my envisioning UW getting manhandled by the rats I'm going to the Soldier Field game!

re: full strength, is Zulinick back? I don't think I heard his name on the broadcast this weekend

Leave a comment:

• ExileOnDaytonStreet
    replied

You're an idiot. (JK, kind of) These are sharp as hell.

*****http://cdn2.sbnation.com/uploads/chorus_image/image/6206755/hockeycityclassicjersey_johnramage.0_standard_709. 0.jpg******
    My only beef is with the inconsistent striping on the elbows and waist. It gets redeemed a little bit if this is supposed to be a reference to a jersey we had in the first incarnation of the program, but even then I'm not a fan of inconsistency (see also: how our road jersey is no longer the inverse of the home jersey, like it used to be... notice how the sleeves of the road jerseys have changed in the last half decade or so). Other than that, it's fine. Certainly better than most of the alternates jerseys we end up with.

Leave a comment:

• Timothy A
    replied

*****http://cdn2.sbnation.com/uploads/chorus_image/image/6206755/hockeycityclassicjersey_johnramage.0_standard_709. 0.jpg******
    I'm not a big fan of second jerseys/throwbacks, but I'd love to have one of these, maybe I'll ask for one for my birthday. I'd also like to get a gal's jersey too. I love the large flying W.

Leave a comment:

• Chuck Schwartz
    replied

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
    Those things are right up there with the Packers 1937 throwbacks they wore in 1994.
    You're in the running for preposterous statement of the year already.

Leave a comment:

• Shirtless Guy
    replied

Because they look awesome?
    Those things are right up there with the Packers 1937 throwbacks they wore in 1994.

Leave a comment:

• Chuck Schwartz
    replied

I don't really understand the current spike in like 1920s throwbacks for everything...annoying.
    Because they look awesome?

Leave a comment:

• Shirtless Guy
    replied

You're an idiot. These are sharp as hell.

I don't really understand the current spike in the pre-1940s throwbacks for everything...annoying.
    Last edited by Shirtless Guy; 01-07-2013, 04:57 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Chuck Schwartz
    replied

Those jerseys are ugly as hell.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X