Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WISCONSIN Hockey Vol. 22 - Let's not have another cheesy thread title... Wait, What?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: WISCONSIN Hockey Vol. 22 - Let's not have another cheesy thread title... Wait, W

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
    I think UW is scheduled to visit Miami in the future.
    I believe next year if i'm not mistaken. With BC and BU also next year. I could be wrong.
    Chuck would probably know.
    WISCONSIN BADGERS
    NCAA Championships: 1973, 1977, 1981, 1983, 1990, and 2006
    WCHA Regular Season Champions: 1977, 1990, and 2000
    WCHA Tournament Champions: 1970, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1982, 1983, 1988, 1990, 1995, 1998, and 2013
    B1G Tournament Champions: 2014
    Hobey Baker winner: #5 Blake Geoffrion

Comment

• Re: WISCONSIN Hockey Vol. 22 - Let's not have another cheesy thread title... Wait, W

Originally posted by SweeneyHawksHockey View Post
      Really looking forward to watching the game tonight. Any chance Wisconsin comes down to Oxford in the next year or two to reciprocate for the games this weekend?
      Almost certain that is happening next season. I might even consider making the trip depending upon when it falls in the season.
      Sixty Minutes. No Alibis. No Regrets.

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet
      Well... Baggott does kind of suck.
      Originally posted by UWisco
      It's funny, there is actually a "team" performing worse than the hockey team at the KC this year. The ushers/security are completely worthless.

Comment

Originally posted by Gandalf the Red View Post
        Almost certain that is happening next season. I might even consider making the trip depending upon when it falls in the season.
        That is great to hear! First college hockey game my parents took me to was Wisconsin at St. Cloud State (my parents are from Wisconsin and we lived near St. Cloud). We moved to Ohio and I ended up going to Miami so it will be great to see Wisconsin down in Oxford.
        Last edited by SweeneyHawksHockey; 01-18-2013, 02:26 PM.
        2014-15 NCAA Weekly Pick'em Overall and NCAA Tournament Champion

Love and Honor

Comment

That is great to hear! First college hockey game my parents took me to was Wisconsin at St. Cloud State (my parents are from Wisconsin and we lived near St. Cloud). We moved to Ohio and I ended up going to Miami so it will be great to see Wisconsin down in Oxford.
          I haven't done a hockey road trip in a few years. Made it to Duluth and Denver a few years back, but Ohio isn't that far away to drive. Happy to see Wisconsin schedule Miami this season.

Is there a Ben Rothlesberger statue in Oxford? Memory tells me he went to Miami(OH).
          Sixty Minutes. No Alibis. No Regrets.

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet
          Well... Baggott does kind of suck.
          Originally posted by UWisco
          It's funny, there is actually a "team" performing worse than the hockey team at the KC this year. The ushers/security are completely worthless.

Comment

Your memory would be correct. There is no statue, but he was inducted into the Miami Athletic Hall of Fame this year I believe so his picture should be hanging up in Millett Hall (basketball). I was at Miami after his time and most everyone that I went to school with hated him for his less than stellar history off the field.
            2014-15 NCAA Weekly Pick'em Overall and NCAA Tournament Champion

Love and Honor

Comment

Wisconsin non-conference series' next season:

Home: Colorado College, Lake State, Michigan Tech, Alaska Anchorage, Northern Michigan (all x2)
              Road: Miami (x2), Boston College/Boston University (one night each)

At least that's what I have written down in my notes. Not 100% sure on the Tech and Anchorage ones but everything else is pretty much locked in.

Comment

Your memory would be correct. There is no statue, but he was inducted into the Miami Athletic Hall of Fame this year I believe so his picture should be hanging up in Millett Hall (basketball). I was at Miami after his time and most everyone that I went to school with hated him for his less than stellar history off the field.
                Planning ahead for next year's UW/Miami series, I heard at work hockey tickets are tough to get. Any suggestions how to secure 2 or 4 tickets for each game?? This series is closer than the 2 hour drive I completed from Little Chute to Madison when I had season tickets for 20 plus years. Need my Badger hockey fix!
                Last edited by NEWI Badger Fan; 01-18-2013, 04:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by NEWI Badger Fan View Post
                  Planning ahead for next year's UW/Miami series, I heard at work hockey tickets are tough to get. Any suggestions how to secure 2 or 4 tickets for each game?? This series is closer than the 2 hour drive I completed from Little Chute to Madison when I had season tickets for 20 plus years. Need my Badger hockey fix!
                  Not sure about your budget/seating preferences, but here are a few options:

-4 tickets together would be really tough, but there are almost always groups of 2 up on Stubhub, against UW though the prices may be a bit steep.

-There is an away section, those would be ideal if you could get your hands on any of those, maybe contact the alumni assoc.?

-General admission is always a possibility, if you claim a good area early the standing room really isn't too bad, especially in the corners where there is nothing blocking your view

Comment

Originally posted by NEWI Badger Fan View Post
                    If you do the 8am dart for tickets it's usually possible to pick up reserved seats for any games you need. Otherwise, as fellowes noted, standing room only aren't a bad option.

Comment

• Why are the Badgers wearing the road reds tonight?

Comment

• Originally posted by jwilli View Post
                        Why are the Badgers wearing the road reds tonight?
                        They try and do it really anytime they can. I personally love the red. Usually against non-conference opponents.
                        WISCONSIN BADGERS
                        NCAA Championships: 1973, 1977, 1981, 1983, 1990, and 2006
                        WCHA Regular Season Champions: 1977, 1990, and 2000
                        WCHA Tournament Champions: 1970, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1982, 1983, 1988, 1990, 1995, 1998, and 2013
                        B1G Tournament Champions: 2014
                        Hobey Baker winner: #5 Blake Geoffrion

Comment

Working...
                        X