Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WISCONSIN Hockey Vol. 22 - Let's not have another cheesy thread title... Wait, What?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: WISCONSIN Hockey Vol. 22 - Let's not have another cheesy thread title... Wait, W

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
    Any thoughts on this streak when taking into account the impact of Butters leaving and Walsh replacing him?
    Not much to discuss, is there, bro!!
    "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

• Re: WISCONSIN Hockey Vol. 22 - Let's not have another cheesy thread title... Wait, W

Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
      Not much to discuss, is there, bro!!
      I guess not as there were too many other factors going on with injuries and missing guys to attribute any of the improvements directly to the switch to Walsh. There was some concerns about hiring a guy who basically had never coach any higher level than, what, under 18's and no college experience at all. But the D has certainly not folded with the change.

Big series coming up, eh?
      Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
      Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
      "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
      Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Gandalf the Red View Post
        I think she deserves ice cream the next time you visit the Kohl Center. She must have really given that wish her all. Heck, I'd even buy her the ice cream.

Excitement is back in the air!
        Oh, she's getting ice cream at the next game I take her to. She deserves that at the very least.
        Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

Comment

Ramage gets WCHA defensive player of the week.

http://www.wcha.com/men/pres1213/201301/jan15wpm.php
          WISCONSIN BADGERS
          NCAA Championships: 1973, 1977, 1981, 1983, 1990, and 2006
          WCHA Regular Season Champions: 1977, 1990, and 2000
          WCHA Tournament Champions: 1970, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1982, 1983, 1988, 1990, 1995, 1998, and 2013
          B1G Tournament Champions: 2014
          Hobey Baker winner: #5 Blake Geoffrion

Comment

I guess not as there were too many other factors going on with injuries and missing guys to attribute any of the improvements directly to the switch to Walsh. There was some concerns about hiring a guy who basically had never coach any higher level than, what, under 18's and no college experience at all. But the D has certainly not folded with the change.

Big series coming up, eh?
            This ought to be fun. 'Rico has had that program at or near the top for a long time. Pretty amazing considering the "majors" in the CCHA...gotta like the guy. But how the **** does he do it? Looking forward to it.

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

This ought to be fun. 'Rico has had that program at or near the top for a long time. Pretty amazing considering the "majors" in the CCHA...gotta like the guy. But how the **** does he do it? Looking forward to it.
              Hookers
              Sixty Minutes. No Alibis. No Regrets.

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet
              Well... Baggott does kind of suck.
              Originally posted by UWisco
              It's funny, there is actually a "team" performing worse than the hockey team at the KC this year. The ushers/security are completely worthless.

Comment

I've always rooted for them as the David among the Goliaths in the ccha. Also love the Red Hawks nickname. Hopefully Rico is very impressed with the KC, and this plants a seed of future interest.

They aren't scoring a whole lot of goals lately, only averaging 1.5 gpg over their last 8 games. They also bring 2 Fr tenders, but the Williams kids has great numbers. PP is 14%, PK is 89%. They have 2 guys over 20 pts, 2 others in teens, then it's single digit scorers. (UW has no one over 20 pts, and 3 in the teens). The bottom line is at this point Miami doesn't really put a scare in me about them from a statistical standpoint. Kato has way more scoring depth than Miami.

Comment

This is a HUGE weekend for the boys. I can see a split or a sweep for either team. Hopefully the Kohl Center will be rocking with the new found sucess in the past few weeks, putting more people in the seats. Miami has two freshmen goaltenders that are doing very well this year, hopefully we can sneak a few past them.
                  WISCONSIN BADGERS
                  NCAA Championships: 1973, 1977, 1981, 1983, 1990, and 2006
                  WCHA Regular Season Champions: 1977, 1990, and 2000
                  WCHA Tournament Champions: 1970, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1982, 1983, 1988, 1990, 1995, 1998, and 2013
                  B1G Tournament Champions: 2014
                  Hobey Baker winner: #5 Blake Geoffrion

Comment

I wonder if maybe you flip Mersch for Barnes to try and get Zengerlee and Kerdiles going? I hope for, but can't imagine Little Dahl Little carrying the team for a real long time offensively. Those guys do have it rolling right now.

I wonder why Eaves' pp's have mixes of the top 2 lines on each. Why not just use Zengerlee's line as 1 unit and Lee's as another? Other than that there isn't much tweaking to do personnel-wise. Maybe Zulinick could have been a pp guy.

Comment

Originally posted by UWisco View Post
                      This is a HUGE weekend for the boys. I can see a split or a sweep for either team. Hopefully the Kohl Center will be rocking with the new found sucess in the past few weeks, putting more people in the seats. Miami has two freshmen goaltenders that are doing very well this year, hopefully we can sneak a few past them.
                      Bank! Excited that the game is now on BTN. Despite our low goal scoring and solid D, I'm going to make a prediction and say that both games are high scoring!

Comment

Originally posted by Gandalf the Red View Post
                        Hookers
                        Dammit! Should've sent MCR Jr there. That's one negative MCR Jr had with MSOE; not enough hookers.

Comment

I wonder if maybe you flip Mersch for Barnes to try and get Zengerlee and Kerdiles going? I hope for, but can't imagine Little Dahl Little carrying the team for a real long time offensively. Those guys do have it rolling right now.

I wonder why Eaves' pp's have mixes of the top 2 lines on each. Why not just use Zengerlee's line as 1 unit and Lee's as another? Other than that there isn't much tweaking to do personnel-wise. Maybe Zulinick could have been a pp guy.
                          I'll start with the PP first--You can't throw anyone out there because what hand you are plays a significant factor in the way the power-play is set up. Eaves first unit is (and has been for at least 3-4 years) right-hand dominant. Corner guy (Lee) has to be RH, half-boards guy (Zengerle) has to be RH, point man (Simonelli) has to be RH, weak-side D (McCabe) has to be LH. Guy out front (Mersch) should also be left-handed so when he pops out for shots being fed from Lee he's in a one-timer position.

I've seen a lot of complaints about Kerdiles not being on the top PP unit. That's fine, but you're going to need to overhaul what they're doing. He's not going to replace Mersch out front. Replacing him with McCabe doesn't make sense either. He's cerainly not taking Zengerle's spot. If you insert him into any of the RH roles it creates passing lane issues.

As to your question on flipping Mersch and Barnes--The reason why I don't like that is because Lee and Mersch have worked really well together, and why on earth would you break that up? At some point maybe you have to, but I'm not willing to make the change yet. I'd be more willing to let Zulinick play with Zengerle and Kerdiles and put Barnes with Woods and Meuer. We'll see...I have a feeling that Zengerle line is going to bust out soon, and when they do...look out.

Comment

Dammit! Should've sent MCR Jr there. That's one negative MCR Jr had with MSOE; not enough hookers.
                            Tell him to try 30th and Locust Street sometime.
                            Sixty Minutes. No Alibis. No Regrets.

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet
                            Well... Baggott does kind of suck.
                            Originally posted by UWisco
                            It's funny, there is actually a "team" performing worse than the hockey team at the KC this year. The ushers/security are completely worthless.

Comment

Really looking forward to watching the game tonight. Any chance Wisconsin comes down to Oxford in the next year or two to reciprocate for the games this weekend?
                              2014-15 NCAA Weekly Pick'em Overall and NCAA Tournament Champion

Love and Honor

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
                                I'll start with the PP first--You can't throw anyone out there because what hand you are plays a significant factor in the way the power-play is set up. Eaves first unit is (and has been for at least 3-4 years) right-hand dominant. Corner guy (Lee) has to be RH, half-boards guy (Zengerle) has to be RH, point man (Simonelli) has to be RH, weak-side D (McCabe) has to be LH. Guy out front (Mersch) should also be left-handed so when he pops out for shots being fed from Lee he's in a one-timer position.

I've seen a lot of complaints about Kerdiles not being on the top PP unit. That's fine, but you're going to need to overhaul what they're doing. He's not going to replace Mersch out front. Replacing him with McCabe doesn't make sense either. He's cerainly not taking Zengerle's spot. If you insert him into any of the RH roles it creates passing lane issues.

As to your question on flipping Mersch and Barnes--The reason why I don't like that is because Lee and Mersch have worked really well together, and why on earth would you break that up? At some point maybe you have to, but I'm not willing to make the change yet. I'd be more willing to let Zulinick play with Zengerle and Kerdiles and put Barnes with Woods and Meuer. We'll see...I have a feeling that Zengerle line is going to bust out soon, and when they do...look out.
                                Thanks for the handing insights on the PP. I thought that would have something to do with it.

The Mersch/Barnes flip is a desperation idea to get Zengerlee and Kerdiles going. I'd love to see Zulinick with Kerdiles & Zengerlee when he comes back. Hopefully Eaves just doesn't dump him on the 4th line when the time comes. I just don't know if Zulinick has proven to be system responsible enough to land on the top line playing the top opponents' lines.

I think UW is scheduled to visit Miami in the future.

Comment

Working...
                                X