Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WISCONSIN Hockey Vol. 22 - Let's not have another cheesy thread title... Wait, What?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: WISCONSIN Hockey Vol. 22 - Let's not have another cheesy thread title... Wait, W

More than defending Shyiak I've been an advocate for stability. Talafous for 5 years, Hill for 3 years and I didn't want to see Shyiak go after 4 or 5 for stabilities sake. The inability to get local elite players and the inability to keep other top players after their freshman years has doomed the program from advancing. It has been and will be the same year after year for exactly that reason. Can you imagine how much better the team would be this year if they'd kept the players they've lost over the last 3 years? I can.

Comment

• Re: WISCONSIN Hockey Vol. 22 - Let's not have another cheesy thread title... Wait, W

Originally posted by uaafanblog View Post
      More than defending Shyiak I've been an advocate for stability. Talafous for 5 years, Hill for 3 years and I didn't want to see Shyiak go after 4 or 5 for stabilities sake. The inability to get local elite players and the inability to keep other top players after their freshman years has doomed the program from advancing. It has been and will be the same year after year for exactly that reason. Can you imagine how much better the team would be this year if they'd kept the players they've lost over the last 3 years? I can.
      I most certainly can. But the players are leaving because of the coach. Enough said.
      Originally Posted by aparch
      I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by Suze View Post
        I most certainly can. But the players are leaving because of the coach. Enough said.
        Agreed.

Comment

Originally posted by uaafanblog View Post
          Agreed.
          So many things need to be fixed, it's very overwhelming.
          Originally Posted by aparch
          I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

congrats to UW this weekend, I had hoped for a split but a sweep is pretty extraordinary. 6-7-5 heading to Mankato, who knows, if they get more than 2 points there things could be looking up
            Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Longest unbeaten streak since 05-06 (5-0-3). Haven't been great opponents, but they've taken care of business in games they need to win lately.

Goal of 16-6-4 since the return of Kerdiles now means it's down to 11-6-1. That's possible.

Comment

Besides Wittchow's 20 second break from the game on the ice, sounded like the D played awesome last night.

Comment

Updated where the Badgers on NHL contracts will be playing this season, now that the lockout is over.

LINK

Comment

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
                    congrats to UW this weekend, I had hoped for a split but a sweep is pretty extraordinary. 6-7-5 heading to Mankato, who knows, if they get more than 2 points there things could be looking up
                    With Kato and UAA the next 4 wcha games, they can keep their push going before a tougher stretch of games in the league. The way the D is playing, it's a good feeling to know you'll be in every game. Kato is only 3 pts ahead, a sweep is critical to increasing the odds of getting home ice. Kata is no pushover @ 14-6-2, but UW is at full strength now, and that's not debatable. Is full strength enough to get home is? We shall see.

I just saw the "classic" jersey for the game in IL and I like them.
                    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                      With Kato and UAA the next 4 wcha games, they can keep their push going before a tougher stretch of games in the league. The way the D is playing, it's a good feeling to know you'll be in every game. Kato is only 3 pts ahead, a sweep is critical to increasing the odds of getting home ice. Kata is no pushover @ 14-6-2, but UW is at full strength now, and that's not debatable. Is full strength enough to get home is? We shall see.

MSU got to 3 points ahead of Wisconsin while already having played SCSU, Minnesota, Denver, & UNO, I think it's appropriate to mention.They also have one of the better offenses and defenses in the entire league as well as one of the league's better power plays. We had our hands full against them in our building. They are definitely no slouches.

Your remaining schedule is pretty brutal, IMHO

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                        Those jerseys are ugly as hell.
                        Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                          Those jerseys are ugly as hell.
                          You're an idiot. (JK, kind of) These are sharp as hell.

*****http://cdn2.sbnation.com/uploads/chorus_image/image/6206755/hockeycityclassicjersey_johnramage.0_standard_709. 0.jpg******

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
                            You're an idiot. These are sharp as hell.

*****http://cdn2.sbnation.com/uploads/chorus_image/image/6206755/hockeycityclassicjersey_johnramage.0_standard_709. 0.jpg******
                            I don't really understand the current spike in the pre-1940s throwbacks for everything...annoying.
                            Last edited by Shirtless Guy; 01-07-2013, 03:57 PM.
                            Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                              I don't really understand the current spike in like 1920s throwbacks for everything...annoying.
                              Because they look awesome?

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
                                Because they look awesome?
                                Those things are right up there with the Packers 1937 throwbacks they wore in 1994.

Comment

Working...
                                X