Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WISCONSIN Hockey Vol. 22 - Let's not have another cheesy thread title... Wait, What?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: WISCONSIN Hockey Vol. 22 - Let's not have another cheesy thread title... Wait, W

about ****ing time. if you'd have told me UW would win their 2nd game on December 1st I'd have never believed it, even as pessimistic as I am re: the ratio of 4th liners to guys who can actually skate, stick-handle and score.

wow. Anyway, good for Landon Peterson, that kid's a gamer. Hopefully they can use this as a springboard for the next 4 games.

let me try and channel Bill Howard here: "now you go home, you win one from Tech and you've got a 2-game streak, win another one and you've got a sweep PB and suddenly the team is 4-7-3 with a chance to go to the break 6-7-3, they do that and they've got a chance"

I think I'm going to put a $1 on top of my tv and leave it there for the season
    Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

• Re: WISCONSIN Hockey Vol. 22 - Let's not have another cheesy thread title... Wait, W

it's only one weekend but...did anyone else notice the UW defense played much better than all the prior weekends?

dare I say Matt Walsh can get through to these kids?

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Comment

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
        it's only one weekend but...did anyone else notice the UW defense played much better than all the prior weekends?

dare I say Matt Walsh can get through to these kids?
        The defense hasn't been the problem, in fact they've been pretty good all season.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
          The defense hasn't been the problem, in fact they've been pretty good all season.
          do you really need to nitpick everything I say?

EDIT - and one of Butters' quotes was that he couldn't get through to the kids. I submit they played better this weekend than the others to-date.

Comment

Yeah, um, no.

The coverage in our zone was awful at times and the breakout, as initiated by the defense has been abysmal at times - actually most of the time.

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
              This **** ain't over yet!
              Right. Last rights will be administered on February 2. Pack your dark suit for GF.

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
                Right. Last rights will be administered on February 2. Pack your dark suit for GF.
                any chance I can still procure tickets to those games? I've never been to the Ralph

Comment

That's state qualifying weekend for my kid's team. Don't think the head coach can just up and take a roadie...

Comment

any chance I can still procure tickets to those games? I've never been to the Ralph
                    Shouldn't be too hard this early, I would think, though the locals might be feeling a little sentimental, this being the last conference series between these two old warriors.

Comment

Yeah, um, no.

The coverage in our zone was awful at times and the breakout, as initiated by the defense has been abysmal at times - actually most of the time.
                      I have to disagree.

Comment

Shouldn't be too hard this early, I would think, though the locals might be feeling a little sentimental, this being the last conference series between these two old warriors.
                        I'm going to try and con some friends into making the trip, and if we do, we're bringing water bottles into the venue, is Cary Eades going to be in the building? ha ha ha!

Comment

That's state qualifying weekend for my kid's team. Don't think the head coach can just up and take a roadie...
                          Tell them it's a recruiting trip. Grimaldi's almost big enough to play with your guys.

Comment

do you really need to nitpick everything I say?
                            My bad, wasn't trying to get personal. You're right though, the defense played great this weekend and was suffocating. Ramage was a beast tonight.

Comment

My bad, wasn't trying to get personal. You're right though, the defense played great this weekend and was suffocating. Ramage was a beast tonight.
                              no problem, I shouldn't be taking it personally (which, yes, I'm guilty of from time to time)

good to see Ramage play this way after the own goals last season. the kid needed the turnaround and deserves some accolades for it

the pk was pretty **** good (much improved I think) and the goalies are really coming into their own. I wouldn't trade this tandem for any other in the country

Comment

It figures that this game would have no TV option. Nice win on a nice night for Badger sports. Can we now start winning at home, please?

Comment

Working...
                                X