Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WISCONSIN Hockey Vol. 22 - Let's not have another cheesy thread title... Wait, What?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: WISCONSIN Hockey Vol. 22 - Let's not have another cheesy thread title... Wait, W

Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
    They've been pretty quiet on a return date for Zulinick. If his thigh injury is similar to the one I had in high school, I'd put it at around four weeks which would mean he's likely out until Huntsville.
    So Eaves has not disclosed the nature of the injury or the amount of time he's out? I sure hope it's not 4 weeks.
    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

• Re: WISCONSIN Hockey Vol. 22 - Let's not have another cheesy thread title... Wait, W

Nothing that we didn't already know, but Justin Schultz is ready for the NHL (too bad they spelled his name wrong in the url and title).

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
        So Eaves has not disclosed the nature of the injury or the amount of time he's out? I sure hope it's not 4 weeks.
        They've said it's a thigh injury and Eaves said Monday that he would test it out this week. Obviously it wasn't good enough to make the trip.

Comment

Heck of a defensive effort so far, but its hardly led to much on offense.
          If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

brief thoughts after 2 periods:

Outside of Zengerle, Mersch and Kerdiles Wisconsin has 0 players with offensive awareness, 0. Ramage at the point gets the puck fakes a shot, DU player goes down, Ramage skates to his right and dismisses taking a shot into an open lane and continues to skate right and down to the right circle and takes a shot there where there were 4-5 bodies in front of him and no chance to hit the net.

2nd instance of **** poor offensive awareness. Brendan Woods skates in the DU zone w/Kerdiles as a trailer. Instead of driving in 2-3 steps and pushing the D back and dropping to Kerdiles who'd then have room to maneuver or shoot he takes a dumbass shot and misses the net by a mile.

none of these guys can make a tape to tape pass to save their lives, except Kerdiles tonight (who is already head and shoulders above his teammates). it's just disgusting to watch to be honest. and it's going to take 2 more recruiting cycles to move these inept O players out.

the positive. NIC KERDILES is as advertised. fast, can make passes (which tonight are ahead of his teammates much like Turris, just out thinking and out playing his teammates) and it's a matter of time for this kid in terms of scoring (he just needs Zengerle back).

this may be a 1-line team when Zengerle is back but at least that one line is going to be **** fun to watch (looking for positives)

the other positive? Rumpel on his game and Kevin Schulze is really impressing w/his skating!
            Last edited by solovsfett; 11-30-2012, 11:06 PM.
            Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

solo... And now add a shot not on goal from Barnes' breakaway. You've got to be able to at least get something on net.
              If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
                solo... And now add a shot not on goal from Barnes' breakaway. You've got to be able to at least get something on net.
                Barnes? yeah...good god that was just tough to watch.

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Comment

there it is in a nutshell, nicely encapsulated (as if we didn't already know this...).

if this team had ANY scoring ability they win in regulation. plain and simple. Barnes blows a breakaway, the rest of the night they can talk about SOG all they want, there are no snipers and no secondary scorers to pick up the slack for lack of snipers.

Dahl blows it in OT (although let's be honest that 1st 2mins was owned by DU as UW was gliding around, so they're lucky they made it to the end of the OT session to get the tie) at the end but his role isn't to score anyway, he's a 4th line grinder type.

I guess it's just pure 100% frustration and exasperation that with a nice defensive effort Rumpel, McCabe, Schulze and Simonelli get rewarded with nothing. A tie in this situation feels like a loss.

I hope they don't get blown out tomorrow. It's tough to say how this will effect the team.

Comment

The Badgers should have won that game, no doubt about it.

There was a few situations where I can remember where the team looked to be going in on an odd man rush, and just dumped the puck in and killed all of the momentum. If this team had any sort of scorers or killer instinct, I would have a better feeling about the rest of the season, but it's just so much dump and chase that it frustrates the hell out of me.
                    Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

Comment

Well, can't say the third period and OT wasn't entertaining. Badgers had a very nice stretch early/mid third that resulted in the Mersch goal. Actually looked like a functioning offense. Kerdiles feed Dahl point blank that could/should have put them up two late.

Badgers actually played better in OT when a man down. I woke up/freaked out the dog yelling at the TV when Dahl missed on his breakaway.

Rumpel kept them in for the first two periods and had a really good game (minus the one goal). It's a game that Wisconsin should have one. Unfortunately, I fear tomorrow night will end up like the Saturday game at Minnesota.

Kerdiles will be a big deal and had a couple of good looks at a goal and possible assists. REALLY looking forward to seeing him on a line with Zengerle.

Comment

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
                        they can talk about SOG all they want, there are no snipers

Even with your emphasis, it's still understating it. How many times did we just miss everything except the boards?

I gotta give Bucky some credit though. DU was number 2 in the nation in scoring and the boys played hard all night. Well, almost all night. I mean if you're a guy who can't score (granted, that's most of the roster), at least show up and play like the name on your sweater means something to you. And the boys did do that tonight. Kudos to Rumpel... too bad we can only win when he has a shutout, but he was close tonight.
                        Last edited by Wisko McBadgerton; 12-01-2012, 12:17 AM.
                        Originally posted by WiscTJK
                        I'm with Wisko and Tim.
                        Originally posted by Timothy A
                        Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Wisconsin is still playing .500 hockey away from home. Makes those sweeps at Kohl/Resch even more unacceptable.

Comment

It was painfully obvious that Nic Kerdiles may be one of the top 2-3 players on this roster tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
                              It was painfully obvious that Nic Kerdiles may be one of the top 2-3 players on this roster tonight.
                              I think Kerdiles is # 2 behind Zengerle and he'll eventually pass Zengerle as well, as long as he stays 2 seasons, he has shake and bake and a nose for the puck

UW may as well go for it and put Kerdiles w/Zengerle and Zulinick. or possibly Mersch. no-one in the rest of the line-up is proving they can do anything with the puck and that's the main cause for the fire Eaves thread outside of their abysmal record.

It's just tough to believe after 2010 we've got 2 seasons of no NCAA appearances and it will take this year (out of the NCAA's, and 5 of 7 years then) and 2 more rebuilding years to sniff the NCAA's...g d it
                              Last edited by solovsfett; 12-01-2012, 01:21 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
                                I think Kerdiles is # 2 behind Zengerle and he'll eventually pass Zengerle as well, as long as he stays 2 seasons, he has shake and bake and a nose for the puck

UW may as well go for it and put Kerdiles w/Zengerle and Zulinick. or possibly Mersch. no-one in the rest of the line-up is proving they can do anything with the puck and that's the main cause for the fire Eaves thread outside of their abysmal record.

It's just tough to believe after 2010 we've got 2 seasons of no NCAA appearances and it will take this year (out of the NCAA's, and 5 of 7 years then) and 2 more rebuilding years to sniff the NCAA's...g d it
                                With everyone healthy, I'd like to see...

Kerdiles-Zengerle-Barnes
                                Zulinick-Lee-Mersch
                                LaBate-Woods-Meuer
                                R. Little-Dahl-S.Little
                                ------------------
                                Navin-Paape-Bell

Comment

Working...
                                X