Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WISCONSIN Hockey Vol. 22 - Let's not have another cheesy thread title... Wait, What?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chuck Schwartz
    replied
    Re: WISCONSIN Hockey Vol. 22 - Let's not have another cheesy thread title... Wait, W

Originally posted by bucky15 View Post
    Chuck/Andy, any news on Wittchow? Also, when will they do a complete overhaul of the PP units. Nothing seems to be working with the current line combos. They will be needing those PP goals shortly when the level of competition increases. It is pretty amazing that they are on a 10 game unbeaten streak with this bad of a PP.
    Nothing on Wittchow, I can check on that. Eaves says that Zulinick is still a few weeks away (if things go well).

Eaves was asked about the power play and noted that they're getting set up in the zone, and getting chances even though they're not scoring. As long as they're doing 2 of the 3 he won't change things. I don't understand it, but his words, not mine.

Leave a comment:

• bucky15
    replied
    Re: WISCONSIN Hockey Vol. 22 - Let's not have another cheesy thread title... Wait, W

Chuck/Andy, any news on Wittchow? Also, when will they do a complete overhaul of the PP units. Nothing seems to be working with the current line combos. They will be needing those PP goals shortly when the level of competition increases. It is pretty amazing that they are on a 10 game unbeaten streak with this bad of a PP.

Leave a comment:

• Gandalf the Red
    replied

Originally posted by gwhinwi View Post
    Everyone remind me to kiss my daughter tonight for that Christmas wish.
    I think she deserves ice cream the next time you visit the Kohl Center. She must have really given that wish her all. Heck, I'd even buy her the ice cream.

Excitement is back in the air!

Leave a comment:

• badgerhawk
    replied

Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
    Thanks TJ. If you guys want anything more than I'm providing, let me know and I'll be glad to try anything. Always open to suggestions.
    I'll take this weeks winning lottery numbers.

Leave a comment:

• Chuck Schwartz
    replied

Originally posted by TJbadgerfan View Post
    Great spreadsheet Chuck. Thanks for all the info you provide here.
    Thanks TJ. If you guys want anything more than I'm providing, let me know and I'll be glad to try anything. Always open to suggestions.

Leave a comment:

• TJbadgerfan
    replied

Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
    With NHL training camps opening up this weekend now that the lockout is over, I've updated where all the former Badgers are now playing.

LINK
    Great spreadsheet Chuck. Thanks for all the info you provide here.

Leave a comment:

• Chuck Schwartz
    replied

With NHL training camps opening up this weekend now that the lockout is over, I've updated where all the former Badgers are now playing.

LINK

Leave a comment:

• Chuck Schwartz
    replied

Target was 16-6-4 in their final 26 games. 7-0-3 since that time.

Need to go 9-6-1 down the stretch to give themselves a chance.

9 games at the Kohl Center, 2 games at the Coliseum, 1 game at Soldier Field. Just four on the road (UNO, UND).

Leave a comment:

• Badger Booster
    replied

In the course of a little over a month, this team/season has gone from a near disaster to one that is actually relevant again. Two straight OT wins on the road for a conference sweep is almost inconceivable.

Hopefully this will translate to some bigger crowds at Kohl for the rest of the season.

Leave a comment:

• icebadger
    replied

Yesterday's highlights:

I was waiting for a few more "Oh no!" 's from the other announcer. He probably couldn't handle another night.
    Last edited by icebadger; 01-13-2013, 10:17 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Chuck Schwartz
    replied

Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
    Nice sweep. Now, let's put asses in the Kohl center the rest of the year and make that place fun again! This pair of wins makes that Packer *** kickin' a little easier on me!!

Regarding next year; it sounds like the officiating was typical this weekend. Brain Posick mentioned that the officiating was "a reason" B10 teams wanted out. (Maybe he was pushing it a bit, maybe not.) Any idea where the officials are going to come from next year? I took a quick look at the B10 thread but didn't see anything. Has this been discussed?
    Considering they hired the CCHA officiating coordinator, I'd expect most of them to come from that league.

Leave a comment:

• MadCityRich
    replied

Nice sweep. Now, let's put asses in the Kohl center the rest of the year and make that place fun again! This pair of wins makes that Packer *** kickin' a little easier on me!!

Regarding next year; it sounds like the officiating was typical this weekend. Brain Posick mentioned that the officiating was "a reason" B10 teams wanted out. (Maybe he was pushing it a bit, maybe not.) Any idea where the officials are going to come from next year? I took a quick look at the B10 thread but didn't see anything. Has this been discussed?

Leave a comment:

• solovsfett
    replied

holy ****!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! what a great weekend for Wisconsin Hockey, 2OT wins on the road against a team that is ALWAYS tough to play, great job!

EDIT - and once I again I see non-traditional scorers led the way...**** that bodes well if they can keep this up

any thoughts on Kerdiles and Zengerle? they've been absent on the score sheet lately and I don't know how they played this weekend (I didn't have a chance to listen in)
    Last edited by solovsfett; 01-13-2013, 12:17 AM.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Originally posted by Gandalf the Red View Post
    MIRACLE! Two OT wins and the first sweep in mankato during eaves era. 7-0-3 in last 10. Amazing! Actually excited about next weekend now!

Any sweep on the road is tough to come by, but MSU is actually a solid team this year and has been hot. Great weekend.

We'll see just how far we've come next weekend against a top ten team.

Extend Eaves now while we can still afford him!

Leave a comment:

• Timothy A
    replied

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
    Ding dong, the freaking witch is dead!
    She's not only dead, but 6 ft under...amazing.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X