Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WISCONSIN Hockey Vol. 22 - Let's not have another cheesy thread title... Wait, What?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Badger Booster
    replied
    Re: WISCONSIN Hockey Vol. 22 - Let's not have another cheesy thread title... Wait, W

If memory serves, it was Schulze with the inexplicable icing bringing it up on the PP and Lee with the botched pass (again bringing it on the PP) that lead to the Badger penalty. I had a bigger issue with the Schulze icing. He wasn't really pressured and he was several feet short of the red line.
    Last edited by Badger Booster; 12-01-2012, 10:35 AM. Reason: Still haven't mastered the reply with quote

Leave a comment:

• Chuck Schwartz
    replied
    Originally posted by bucky15 View Post
    Does anyone know who the goalie will be tonight?
    I'd play Joel again.

Leave a comment:

• ExileOnDaytonStreet
    replied
    Originally posted by bucky15 View Post
    Mike Eaves, presumably.

Leave a comment:

• bucky15
    replied
    Re: WISCONSIN Hockey Vol. 22 - Let's not have another cheesy thread title... Wait, W

Leave a comment:

• ExileOnDaytonStreet
    replied
    Originally posted by icebadger View Post
    Going into the series, I would say yes. But watching them play most of the game the way they did, a point did end up feeling like a loss to me considering how it happened.
    I'd probably agree if I wasn't a sad, bitter man that's numb to how our program functions late in close games. It's **** near inevitable.

Leave a comment:

• mnstate0fhockey
    replied

Good game by the Badgers last night. You deserved 2pts. That was the team I expected coming into this season. Not too late to turn things around.

Leave a comment:

• icebadger
    replied

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
    I disagree, in that we should at least be glad to have a point out of this series.
    Going into the series, I would say yes. But watching them play most of the game the way they did, a point did end up feeling like a loss to me considering how it happened.

Leave a comment:

• ExileOnDaytonStreet
    replied
    Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
    A tie in this situation feels like a loss
    I disagree, in that we should at least be glad to have a point out of this series.

Leave a comment:

• bucky15
    replied

Dahl is a great 4th line type player, but has no finishing skills. Where is Barnes? He is the most disappointing player in my mind, I feel he should be a goal scorer. LeBate has stone hands and was handed a goal last night to only have it bounce off his stick, no wonder he hasn't scored in how games.

I don't know who made the passes, but there was two of the worst passes I have seen in a college game made by the badgers last night. One was on the power play where the person pretty much iced the puck for Denver and the other was in the third period and Frank Simmy had to take a penalty to save a breakaway.

Rumpel and the D held it down for the most part for the team. Denver just seems one step faster on most plays. Bucky needs another low scoring game to have a chance tonight.

Leave a comment:

• badgerhawk
    replied

Originally posted by Innova View Post
    Nothing that we didn't already know, but Justin Schultz is ready for the NHL (too bad they spelled his name wrong in the url and title).
    Too bad there's no NHL to go to.

Leave a comment:

• solovsfett
    replied

Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
    With everyone healthy, I'd like to see...

Kerdiles-Zengerle-Barnes
    Zulinick-Lee-Mersch
    LaBate-Woods-Meuer
    R. Little-Dahl-S.Little
    ------------------
    Navin-Paape-Bell
    agree w/most of this but have a question as to Meuer (vs. Navin or Paape as you have it). Navin came in as a scorer (albeit WIAA) and Paape showed a bit of puck finesse last year though this year hasn't shown much...Meuer is a pest (which I like) and he's an Andringa protege but I wonder if Navin or Paape may better serve the team on the 3rd line as either potential playmakers or secondary scorers?

Leave a comment:

• Chuck Schwartz
    replied

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
    I think Kerdiles is # 2 behind Zengerle and he'll eventually pass Zengerle as well, as long as he stays 2 seasons, he has shake and bake and a nose for the puck

UW may as well go for it and put Kerdiles w/Zengerle and Zulinick. or possibly Mersch. no-one in the rest of the line-up is proving they can do anything with the puck and that's the main cause for the fire Eaves thread outside of their abysmal record.

It's just tough to believe after 2010 we've got 2 seasons of no NCAA appearances and it will take this year (out of the NCAA's, and 5 of 7 years then) and 2 more rebuilding years to sniff the NCAA's...g d it
    With everyone healthy, I'd like to see...

Kerdiles-Zengerle-Barnes
    Zulinick-Lee-Mersch
    LaBate-Woods-Meuer
    R. Little-Dahl-S.Little
    ------------------
    Navin-Paape-Bell

Leave a comment:

• solovsfett
    replied

Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
    It was painfully obvious that Nic Kerdiles may be one of the top 2-3 players on this roster tonight.
    I think Kerdiles is # 2 behind Zengerle and he'll eventually pass Zengerle as well, as long as he stays 2 seasons, he has shake and bake and a nose for the puck

UW may as well go for it and put Kerdiles w/Zengerle and Zulinick. or possibly Mersch. no-one in the rest of the line-up is proving they can do anything with the puck and that's the main cause for the fire Eaves thread outside of their abysmal record.

It's just tough to believe after 2010 we've got 2 seasons of no NCAA appearances and it will take this year (out of the NCAA's, and 5 of 7 years then) and 2 more rebuilding years to sniff the NCAA's...g d it
    Last edited by solovsfett; 12-01-2012, 01:21 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Chuck Schwartz
    replied

It was painfully obvious that Nic Kerdiles may be one of the top 2-3 players on this roster tonight.

Leave a comment:

• Badger Booster
    replied

Wisconsin is still playing .500 hockey away from home. Makes those sweeps at Kohl/Resch even more unacceptable.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X