Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WISCONSIN Hockey Vol. 22 - Let's not have another cheesy thread title... Wait, What?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: WISCONSIN Hockey Vol. 22 - Let's not have another cheesy thread title... Wait, W

Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
    Just Zengerle. Obviously Kerdiles is out too with the NCAA stuff.
    Thanks.
    Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

• Re: WISCONSIN Hockey Vol. 22 - Let's not have another cheesy thread title... Wait, W

jesus christ.

ok bright side - Mccabe is playing well, Schulze will be very good by the time he's done. I like what I see in Drake and Faust is playing better.

now the rest - Rumpel let in a hell of a soft goal, some guys who have gotten some accolades in the past like Lee and Barnes are just not stepping up. IMO either they step up or move Navin and Paape into their positions. give em a chance on the top lines.

1-5-2 is just flat-out unacceptable. You can't consider yourself a college hockey power and accept this, you just can't. not the current record and not 4 of 6 years out of the ncaa's (possibly soon to be 5 of 7). I fear by the time Zengerle and Kerdiles are both playing making the ncaa's will be a scenario where they'll have to make a HUGE run and win about 14 or so games out of the last 18.
      Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Step in the right direction, but like the last post stated....we need wins not steps in the right direction. 1-5-2 is just sad. Our offense talent is just brutal to watch, no one can finish. Eaves is no longer untouchable, I feel he will get this year and next and the way things are moving it will be done after that.

Comment

This is a bad team. Poorly coached. Short on talent. Undisciplined. No heart. All on display tonight.

This team fails time and again to execute the most basic of plays that even a bantam team should be able to do.

- skating with the puck and losing the puck while unchallenged
          - flubbed pass and shot attempts, again while unchallenged
          - passes to open team mates that are in the feet or behind the skater
          - passes directly to opponents
          - losing the puck at our own blue line and failing to get the puck out
          - failing to get the puck deep and allowing transition

In addition...

We lost board battle after board battle. This is an area where talent isn't so much of an issue. Comes down to will and focus. Both are lacking.

As has been the case in the past couple of years, we're making passes and/or passing into traffic when shots are available.

The power play is still awful. The five on three tonight where it looked like we had all the time in the world to stand around was very impressive.

How many times can a player fall down or lose an edge when no one is near him? One of them cost us a goal.

Had at least 4 or 5 shots tonight that were blocked right at the point and allowed the Gophers to attack immediately in transition. You CANNOT TAKE THOSE SHOTS!

The first two goals should normally be saved. Rumpel had a good game, but the Gophers missed at least 3 or 4 gimmes. This game should have been a blowout.

Rammage's whiffed hip-check was a stupid play. You cannot take that risk at that point. By missing, he assured that his momentum would carry him far from the play. Definitely not a thinking man's player.

Simonelli's knee penalty when we're trying to tie the game was the brain fart equivalent of sharting. Dumb, dumb, dumb.

Very poorly put together team and very poorly coached. There also appears to be zero leadership from any of the individual players.

Of course, all will be cured when Zengerle returns and when we get a new assistant coach and when we don't have a player suspended by the NCAA and when we don't have two early season bye weeks and when we can practice on an appropriately sized ice surface and when we can put some horses in the barn and when monkeys swing from the hemorrhoids hanging from my butthole.
          Last edited by Gurtholfin; 11-17-2012, 11:50 PM.

Comment

Gurt...man I have to agree with most of what you're saying. I've been trying hard not to pile on the team on this board after how hard I was on them last year for what I perceived as a dearth of talent. I have to say at least amongst the forwards I feel exactly the same way as I did last year. there are about 8 guys that simply cannot score, so if they can't score they better bring something to the table that will help the team win.

I don't know, I just don't see a way to right the ship right now.

EDIT - and to add insult to injury OSU (who I don't consider a great team by any means) sweeps NMU to put more perspective on where UW stands right now.

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Comment

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
              Gurt...man I have to agree with most of what you're saying. I've been trying hard not to pile on the team on this board after how hard I was on them last year for what I perceived as a dearth of talent. I have to say at least amongst the forwards I feel exactly the same way as I did last year. there are about 8 guys that simply cannot score, so if they can't score they better bring something to the table that will help the team win.

Agreed, have a team full of 4th liners that can't pass or stick handle.

Comment

EDIT - and to add insult to injury OSU (who I don't consider a great team by any means) sweeps NMU to put more perspective on where UW stands right now.

Don't worry, Baghdad Bob will be along any minute to scold me and tell me how everything is just fine.

Can't wait to see 6k at the Kohl Center!

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
                  Don't worry, Baghdad Bob will be along any minute to scold me and tell me how everything is just fine.

*****http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-E5NliRFCJ8U/T7QqQUiU2WI/AAAAAAAABwg/uJM4QBA7820/s1600/baghdad_bob_1.jpg******

Comment

I hope it doesn't come to that I really do. they could be out of the NCAA's by x-mas at this rate. if that doesn't put the coaches on the hot seat than Alvarez should go as well.

another fear I have is that when Zengerle and Kerdiles come back and let's say the team actually starts winning...it could be like Heatley's 2 years where Dany's talent as an individual (and Steven Reinprecht's as well) to make others around him better masks some bigger problems. mainly that they were a 1-line team, and 3 lines of essentially 4th line players. 2 guys carried that team to the ncaa's and then the following year, Dany carried the team on his back. after that they dropped right back again.

that's not what you want. you want (or at least I do) what Minnesota and Nodak have which is talent everywhere on the roster. enough that the losses to the NHL are sustainable ala those same two teams.

watching this team since 06 has been exasperating

Comment

I hope it doesn't come to that I really do. they could be out of the NCAA's by x-mas at this rate. if that doesn't put the coaches on the hot seat than Alvarez should go as well.

another fear I have is that when Zengerle and Kerdiles come back and let's say the team actually starts winning...it could be like Heatley's 2 years where Dany's talent as an individual (and Steven Reinprecht's as well) to make others around him better masks some bigger problems. mainly that they were a 1-line team, and 3 lines of essentially 4th line players. 2 guys carried that team to the ncaa's and then the following year, Dany carried the team on his back. after that they dropped right back again.

that's not what you want. you want (or at least I do) what Minnesota and Nodak have which is talent everywhere on the roster. enough that the losses to the NHL are sustainable ala those same two teams.

watching this team since 06 has been exasperating

And when they got to the tourney, it was easy to shut that one line down.

Tonight's effort reminded me of the undisciplined teams from the end of the Sauer era. We would take a ton of stupid penalties every time we played the Gophers.

Comment

And when they got to the tourney, it was easy to shut that one line down.

Tonight's effort reminded me of the undisciplined teams from the end of the Sauer era. We would take a ton of stupid penalties every time we played the Gophers.
                        you got it on that one. how many DUMB penalties did the team take in the 3rd when the game was up for grabs? you don't want to do that against anyone but against Minnesota whose pp is operating at a 30% clip that's begging to lose. at that point so many guys took dumb penalties that you'd have to play with only 2 lines if you wanted to send a message to them as the coach to smarten up.

considering MN's PP opportunities the entire weekend they're **** lucky they got a point. essentially these should have been 6-2, 6-1 games.

Comment

you got it on that one. how many DUMB penalties did the team take in the 3rd when the game was up for grabs? you don't want to do that against anyone but against Minnesota who's pp is operating at a 30% clip that's begging to lose. at that point so many guys took dumb penalties that you'd have to play with only 2 lines if you wanted to send a message to them as the coach to smarten up.

considering MN's PP opportunities the entire weekend they're **** lucky they got a point. essentially these should have been 6-2, 6-1 games.
                          ............speechless.................a WI fan agreeing with MN fans? INCONCEIVABLE!
                          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                            ............speechless.................a WI fan agreeing with MN fans? INCONCEIVABLE!
                            well...I'd have to be a moron to state otherwise, what I saw was an outgunned team scratch and scrape for a point and gave the superior opponent every opportunity to knock them out each night. this is what's making me 2nd guess my decision to go the the Soldier Field game. there's no reason for me to believe UW won't get absolutely smoked and while I get sick each time UW loses to MN I will be **** near disconsolate if they get shredded in such a huge venue in front of a national audience!

Comment

well...I'd have to be a moron to state otherwise, what I saw was an outgunned team scratch and scrape for a point and gave the superior opponent every opportunity to knock them out each night. this is what's making me 2nd guess my decision to go the the Soldier Field game. there's no reason for me to believe UW won't get absolutely smoked and while I get sick each time UW loses to MN I will be **** near disconsolate if they get shredded in such a huge venue in front of a national audience!
                              You sure you're a WI fan?

Just messin' with ya, obviously. As a Gopher fan, knowing our team, and knowing the youth on your team....some (me included) expected 4 points. I thought it'd be a little easier than normal, but not a gimme, others thought otherwise. We played to your style, and that was the key, I think. if you told me MN would come away with 3 points this weekend, I'd be marginally happy about it, but frustrated.

Post-series: I am happy about it, but marginally frustrated. If you weren't a rival, the frustration would be higher.

If you can keep your guys for another year.......you could be a force.
                              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                                You sure you're a WI fan?

Just messin' with ya, obviously. As a Gopher fan, knowing our team, and knowing the youth on your team....some (me included) expected 4 points. I thought it'd be a little easier than normal, but not a gimme, others thought otherwise. We played to your style, and that was the key, I think. if you told me MN would come away with 3 points this weekend, I'd be marginally happy about it, but frustrated.

Post-series: I am happy about it, but marginally frustrated. If you weren't a rival, the frustration would be higher.

If you can keep your guys for another year.......you could be a force.

You guys are better than us, but that isn't saying a lot in and of itself. We suck.

You have a ways to go but you have a lot to work with in terms of talent and veteran leadership. Wilcox has been everything you'd have hoped for too.

Don't get that banner made just yet though. You guys should have buried us tonight and you didn't.

If it comes together, you will be a favorite to take it all.

Comment

Working...
                                X