Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WISCONSIN Hockey Vol. 22 - Let's not have another cheesy thread title... Wait, What?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bucky15
    replied
    Re: WISCONSIN Hockey Vol. 22 - Let's not have another cheesy thread title... Wait, W

Originally posted by Badgerice View Post
    Badger hockey is fine it's the couch potatoe coaches that never played the game except for EA Sports that have the problems. How can the forwards be bad when Navin, Woods, LaBate are NHL draft picks and people are stating "We need better high end forwards"! They have underachieved and I agree with that but in the last 3 weeks the team has played better, out shot their opponents, PK is moving in the right direction but the PP is a sight for sore eyes But...last night the puck movement and scoring chances were there and I believe it will start to score some goals.
    You EA sport hockey nuts put down the controllers and take a deep breath and get ready for the Packer game tonight.
    2-7-5 is fine?

Navin 4 goals in 49 games
    Woods 6 goals in 47 games
    LeBate 6 goals in 50 games

Getting drafted doesn't mean much.....just ask Rhino and Travis Erstad.

Leave a comment:

• Badgerice
    replied
    Re: WISCONSIN Hockey Vol. 22 - Let's not have another cheesy thread title... Wait, W

Badger hockey is fine it's the couch potatoe coaches that never played the game except for EA Sports that have the problems. How can the forwards be bad when Navin, Woods, LaBate are NHL draft picks and people are stating "We need better high end forwards"! They have underachieved and I agree with that but in the last 3 weeks the team has played better, out shot their opponents, PK is moving in the right direction but the PP is a sight for sore eyes But...last night the puck movement and scoring chances were there and I believe it will start to score some goals.
    You EA sport hockey nuts put down the controllers and take a deep breath and get ready for the Packer game tonight.

Leave a comment:

• Timothy A
    replied

They played a lot better last night, there was some creativity on the ice. The top line does not have a lot of chemistry yet, though it was better Sat. Than Fri. The breakout passing was not good at times and lead to the 3rd Tech goal.

The crowd was great, the early goals sure helped that out.

Here's the ? of the week: Can UW score more than 4 goals in a weekend against UAH?

Leave a comment:

• bucky15
    replied

Look on the bright side; they have a 4 game unbeaten streak while only averaging 2 goals a game.

Leave a comment:

• solovsfett
    replied

just got back from a concert (The Joy Formidable w/Silversun Pickups)...guess I made the right choice tonight.

the most exasperating thing is this will take *at least* another 3 years to overcome AND to accomplish that, they need to recruit light years better than they have in the past 3 years.

Leave a comment:

• NEWI Badger Fan
    replied

Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
    חנוכה שמחה
    Happy Hanukkah MCR!!!!

That being said, it is time for a coaching change.

Leave a comment:

• ExileOnDaytonStreet
    replied

Nice blown lead.

Leave a comment:

• MadCityRich
    replied

חנוכה שמחה

Leave a comment:

• DPlaya
    replied

I think one of the big differences is that UW has gotten a lot of offense from their defenseman for the last 4-5 years. In 2010-2011 the defensemen put up 118 of the 357 total points in 41 games. Last season they had 95 of 294 total points in 37 games. This season they have 12 of 59 points in 13 games. Not only is the point total anemic, but the defensemen have contributed less percentage-wise than in previous years. The past few seasons they have been about a third of the total points and they are about a quarter of the total this season. Believe it or not the loss of Osiecki likely has caused some problems for UW's offense as well as their defense as we have not found dynamic offensive defensemen since he departed. Thoughts?

Leave a comment:

• Huskiefan906
    replied

Despite the fact that Tech was missing 5 players from the lineup due to injury - they managed to control parts of the game. Wisconsin came on in the third and had Tech running around a bit.
    I expect to see more goals tonight as each team badly needs 2 points.

Leave a comment:

• Badger Booster
    replied

Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
    Tie that feels like a loss.
    For me, considering they came back to tie it up in the last 5 minutes of the game (and then didn't lose another OT game at home), it was a tie that felt like a tie. I still feel like 3 points would be a good weekend and it's still there for the taking.

While I was underwhelmed by the Badgers' top line, the Little-Dahl-Little did exactly what a text-book 4th line should do (banging into people, agitating in front of the opposing goal and coming up with an occasional scoring opportunity).

At this point, the second and third line are about as average as I've seen around here in a long time. Maybe Zulinik coming back (whenever that is) will help the cause.

Defense is also frustratingly inconsistent. Fairly solid in the defensive zone (though McCabe's give-away was shockingly bad), but really struggles to start any kind of rush out of the zone.

Peterson was good enough and the pipe/crossbar had another solid game. I assume that Rumpel gets the start tonight.

Not an ideal outcome, but if they can come out tonight and get a win it's at least an acceptable weekend. Hey, have to start somewhere.

Leave a comment:

• burd
    replied

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
    you didn't see UW's 1984-1994 teams then. not a chance he's top 2-line guy on those teams. I won't speak to other teams around the country in what they'd say exactly *but* I'd wager Michigan, Minnesota, Nodak, DU and BC would have good arguments as well the kid is a 3rd liner on an NCAA Title winning team.

you can't let the fact he's leading a **** team in scoring cloud the longview.

The problem with this comment as it pertains to Nodak is that Mersch couldn't be on the top two lines of any UND team. He has none of the unique qualities it takes to be a resident of Whiouxville. He's much more suited for where he is--Mt Crumpit.

Sorry Michael, if you had to read this. Some things are beyond your control. Talk to your parents about it before you do anything drastic.

Leave a comment:

• badgerhawk
    replied

It's just good to see him get a little reward, and kind of get that monkey off of his back," Eaves said.
    I havn't seen this many monkeys since the San Diego Zoo.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

I know your heart is in the right place and you're frustrated. As am I, but don't be jaded here. This is 2012, not 1984. I try to watch as many games as I can each weekend, and I can tell you with a straight face that Michael Mersch is a top 6 winger on any team in the country. I understand you're trying to make a point. But don't downgrade what Mersch is doing. He didn't have a point tonight but was still the best player on the ice for either team.
    I don't know if he's top six on every team in the country, but he's been very solid and imagine the production if he's with a playmaker and a sniper.

He's been great this year by any measure and would easily have been on the top two lines in '06.

Leave a comment:

• solovsfett
    replied

I know your heart is in the right place and you're frustrated. As am I, but don't be jaded here. This is 2012, not 1984. I try to watch as many games as I can each weekend, and I can tell you with a straight face that Michael Mersch is a top 6 winger on any team in the country. I understand you're trying to make a point. But don't downgrade what Mersch is doing. He didn't have a point tonight but was still the best player on the ice for either team.
    fair enough (I won't argue I'm jaded, that would be a fool's errand), I'm stating what I feel about the current line-up and maybe I'm underestimating #25's contributions due to my pessimism.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X