Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WISCONSIN Hockey Vol. 22 - Let's not have another cheesy thread title... Wait, What?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ExileOnDaytonStreet
    replied
    Re: WISCONSIN Hockey Vol. 22 - Let's not have another cheesy thread title... Wait, W

Originally posted by Badger Booster View Post
    Though I'm not exactly sure why basketball can play a complete garbage team in the middle of the week and still easily have 13-14,000 in the stands.
    That's a good question.

Leave a comment:

• solovsfett
    replied
    Re: WISCONSIN Hockey Vol. 22 - Let's not have another cheesy thread title... Wait, W

Originally posted by bucky15 View Post
    He is averaging a point a game in his first 5 college games, I don't know how much more you want from him. UW hasn't lost since he joined the team.
    he's got a lot riding on his shoulders. Would a freshman Heatley perform better? yes, but he's a once every 10-15 years type of player so that comparison shouldn't be made. Kerdiles is great and I think he'll become more a Robbie Earl type if he stays. that's good enough for this fan, he just needs some semblance of an actual SUPPORTING CAST, it's just too bad that what little forward talent that is lined up will be coming in in dribs and drabs and he'll miss most of it unless he stays 3-4 years. Dvorak and Malone would be frosh in his junior season (IF he stays that long)

Leave a comment:

• Timothy A
    replied

He is averaging a point a game in his first 5 college games, I don't know how much more you want from him. UW hasn't lost since he joined the team.
    I don't think that stat accurately portrays his play. There are too many shifts where his line is invisible. Mersch and Lee have some good chemistry right now, better than Kerdiles and Zengerlee, but I fully expect those 2 to have as good chemistry as Mercsh/Lee the 2nd half of the season. Burd is comparing him to some pretty good players, and at this point he's not there but he will get there.

The sucky part is now after today there is yet another layoff period. It just seems like UW can't catch a break with injuries/suspensions and the schedule as far as getting guys rolling cohesively. I must assume Zulinick will be back also at the start of the 2nd half.

Leave a comment:

• burd
    replied

Really look forward to seeing him play. I see his is listed at 6'1 on the roster. Does he play "tall" when it comes to puck control? I mean guys like Toews, Vanek, and Heatley could do amazing things with their reach in addition to their skills. Rocco Grimaldi is also fun to watch, but he does not show the kind of puck control in traffic and along the boards that Heatley, Toews and Vanek had, even when they were 19. He has to do it with quickness and dishing the puck to the right people at the right time. There were times when all three of those guys above would take control in the o-zone until either they had a high percentage shot or someone else got open for one.

So glad Kerdiles stayed--the fans need to see as much of that kind of talent as possible.

Leave a comment:

• Almington
    replied
    Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
    http://collegehockeystats.net/1213/boxes/malhwis1.d13

7,473 in the crowd last night.

That's REALLY generous from what I saw on TV.
    Given those numbers, UW may struggle to even be in the top 5 for attendance this year after leading attendance every year since the Kohl Center opened.

Leave a comment:

• Badger Booster
    replied

Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
    As always, that's paid attendance not actual butts in seats. TV looked like about 3,000 tops.
    I think a handful of women's games at the Kohl last year had more people than last night. Unfortunately, it was the perfect storm of a struggling home team, bad road team with no drawing power and a Thursday night. Though I'm not exactly sure why basketball can play a complete garbage team in the middle of the week and still easily have 13-14,000 in the stands.

Leave a comment:

• Chuck Schwartz
    replied

As always, that's paid attendance not actual butts in seats. TV looked like about 3,000 tops.

Leave a comment:

• bucky15
    replied

3 sections in a row in the 200's without a person in it, so yes that figure was extremely generous.

Leave a comment:

• ExileOnDaytonStreet
    replied

Leave a comment:

• bucky15
    replied

Kerdiles could use a pair of these.

He lost a glove at least 3 times last night.

Leave a comment:

• bucky15
    replied

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
    At this point from what I've seen he's been not so eye-popping, but he hasn't had but a couple weeks of practice and games with his linemates Zengerlee (was injured) and Barnes. His first goal last night as a tip as he slid through the slot and the 2nd was on a great 2 on 1 feed from Zengerlee that he almost either whiffed a bit or didn't shoot as hard as he should have cause the goalie almost got to the back post to stop it. It's safe to say we're all expecting more out of him.

Leave a comment:

• bucky15
    replied

Originally posted by burd View Post
    I see Kerdiles got two. Is he as exciting a player as you all had expected?
    He sticks out on the ice due to his speed and doesn't avoid contact. He has some bad habits that will be fixed, but overall he is a wonderful addition to the team. He seems to have a great attitude; he handled the NCAA issue quite well. I can see him being at UW 2....3 years if lucky. The team is much different with him and a healthy Zeng, now only if Barnes can start to bury the puck.

Leave a comment:

• Timothy A
    replied

Originally posted by burd View Post
    At this point from what I've seen he's been not so eye-popping, but he hasn't had but a couple weeks of practice and games with his linemates Zengerlee (was injured) and Barnes. His first goal last night as a tip as he slid through the slot and the 2nd was on a great 2 on 1 feed from Zengerlee that he almost either whiffed a bit or didn't shoot as hard as he should have cause the goalie almost got to the back post to stop it. It's safe to say we're all expecting more out of him.

Leave a comment:

• burd
    replied

Leave a comment:

• bucky15
    replied

5 game unbeaten streak. It was nice to see S. Little put one away after the effort and chances he had last night.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X