Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WISCONSIN Hockey Vol. 22 - Let's not have another cheesy thread title... Wait, What?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guest replied
    Re: WISCONSIN Hockey Vol. 22 - Let's not have another cheesy thread title... Wait, W

Originally posted by UWisco View Post
    I thought I heard it right Posick was talking about the Rose Bowl when it came up. I could have heard it wrong though.
    It was Cerniglia who's going to Anchorage from Pasadena.

Barry? In ALASKA? Seriously?

ROTFLMFAO

Leave a comment:

• UWisco
    replied
    Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
    Wait, what? Are you sure he wasn't talking about Barry Richter? I find it hard to believe just days after the Rose Bowl Alvarez is going to fly to Alaska to color commentate on the Badger hockey radio broadcast.
    I thought I heard it right Posick was talking about the Rose Bowl when it came up. I could have heard it wrong though.

Leave a comment:

• Chuck Schwartz
    replied
    Re: WISCONSIN Hockey Vol. 22 - Let's not have another cheesy thread title... Wait, W

Originally posted by UWisco View Post
    I heard on the radio after the game that Alvarez is making the trip up to Anchorage to co-commentate with Posick. A bit different Barry than before.
    Wait, what? Are you sure he wasn't talking about Barry Richter? I find it hard to believe just days after the Rose Bowl Alvarez is going to fly to Alaska to color commentate on the Badger hockey radio broadcast.

Leave a comment:

• UWisco
    replied

I heard on the radio after the game that Alvarez is making the trip up to Anchorage to co-commentate with Posick. A bit different Barry than before.

Leave a comment:

• solovsfett
    replied

congrats badgers, first win streak of the season.

Leave a comment:

• Suze
    replied

Originally posted by wjefwhite View Post
    Was there. There were about 5000 actual at the Kohl last night. Student section about a 1/4 of usual.
    I've seen this a lot on TV this season, part of it just might be the economy. I watched the Friday game and was shocked to see large sections of empty red seats. Almost as bad as watching UAA's ugly yellow seats. I feel your pain.

Leave a comment:

• state of hockey
    replied

This game is in HD on FSN+. Suck it, FSC!

Leave a comment:

• solovsfett
    replied

Mersch is one of the reasons why I don't buy into the argument that players don't develop under Eaves.
    Mersch, Woz, John Mitchell, all improved markedly under Eaves.

he definitely has a solid plan on the bigger, lankier players, or it's the system? either way they've improved under him

Leave a comment:

• Chuck Schwartz
    replied

Mersch is one of the reasons why I don't buy into the argument that players don't develop under Eaves.

Leave a comment:

• solovsfett
    replied

Originally posted by TJbadgerfan View Post
    You really need to quit with the comparisons you keep using. It's really getting old for one thing. We all know these were exceptional players, but you have to look at the great teams these guys played on. Put Derek Lee between Zent and Schier, or between Ranheim and Tuttle, or put Mersch with Heatley and Reinprecht, or Granato and Houston. For cryin out loud even Hukalo looked like everything when he was with Heatley and Reinprecht. The guy wouldn't be more than a 3rd liner on THIS years team. Different times and different teams. Time to let it go.
    what are you talking about? ...those teams were great because the ENTIRE team(s) was/were loaded, Zent wasn't alone, etc. If you're attempting to make an argument about Derek Lee I don't buy it. he's had 4 years here, hasn't done much. Zengerle has played on the same terrible team's but he's done quite a bit.

Mersch is interesting. I find him to be much like Winchester. good, not great. however if he scores 25 goals this year (attainable) and then repeats it next year I'll stand corrected.

as for my comparisons, what do you want me to use? other teams players? I mean for eff's sake if your team is filled with lesser talent and you're evaluating to teams that WERE great in the past.. I mean, what you/we should stop comparing? gimme a break

Leave a comment:

• Timothy A
    replied

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
    That's a good question.
    With 4000 less season ticket holders, interest in hockey, for whatever, is simply declining.

Leave a comment:

• TJbadgerfan
    replied

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
    I'd argue UW has 2 guys that are superior talents: Zengerle and Kerdiles.

Mersch is good but he's like a Jack Skille to me, enigmatic and he doesn't control play. He'd be a 3rd liner on a National Championship Team.

Derek Lee to me isn't even in the equation. he's the Nick Checco (rat player) or Niki Siren...came in with hype, really hasn't done much.

I'm sure I'll catch heat for this and that's fine, but this team just has a *severe* lack of talent, AND the hyper-intensive emphasis on forwards being aware of their defensive play leads to tentative offense and 0 creativity as we've seen all season long.

Most of us saw Dany Heatley and Steven Reinprecht play at UW. Some of us saw , Zent, Fairchild, Schier, Moore, some of us saw Tony Granato, Scott Mellanby, Steve Tuttle, Paul Ranheim et al play prior to that.

there isn't a player on this team that can match any 1 of the guys above. not 1 (caveat - unless Kerdiles stays 3 years and explodes offensively). If Eaves intends to stay he needs to land more Besse's, Earl's and Pavelski's and he needs to do it in bunches asap (I think) in order to retain his job.
    You really need to quit with the comparisons you keep using. It's really getting old for one thing. We all know these were exceptional players, but you have to look at the great teams these guys played on. Put Derek Lee between Zent and Schier, or between Ranheim and Tuttle, or put Mersch with Heatley and Reinprecht, or Granato and Houston. For cryin out loud even Hukalo looked like everything when he was with Heatley and Reinprecht. The guy wouldn't be more than a 3rd liner on THIS years team. Different times and different teams. Time to let it go.

Leave a comment:

• wjefwhite
    replied

As always, that's paid attendance not actual butts in seats. TV looked like about 3,000 tops.
    Was there. There were about 5000 actual at the Kohl last night. Student section about a 1/4 of usual.

Leave a comment:

• Almington
    replied

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
    The sucky part is now after today there is yet another layoff period. It just seems like UW can't catch a break with injuries/suspensions and the schedule as far as getting guys rolling cohesively. I must assume Zulinick will be back also at the start of the 2nd half.
    I'm not sure that the break is a bad thing, give everyone a chance to get healthy, the coaches a chance to break down tape in detail and devise ways to make improvements, and give the team some time to practice togeather as a team. Hopefully they can come out of the break firing on all cylinders and make a great 2nd half run (which would be a first for an Eaves led team).

Leave a comment:

• bucky15
    replied

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
    he's got a lot riding on his shoulders. Would a freshman Heatley perform better? yes, but he's a once every 10-15 years type of player so that comparison shouldn't be made. Kerdiles is great and I think he'll become more a Robbie Earl type if he stays. that's good enough for this fan, he just needs some semblance of an actual SUPPORTING CAST, it's just too bad that what little forward talent that is lined up will be coming in in dribs and drabs and he'll miss most of it unless he stays 3-4 years. Dvorak and Malone would be frosh in his junior season (IF he stays that long)
    Heatley was a beast and I agree it isn't fair to compare Kerdiles to him. If he stays on the same line as Zengerle (which will most likely happen) he will get his goals. Zengerle is too good of a playmaker for Kerdiles not to get at least 15 goals this year.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X