Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WISCONSIN Hockey Vol. 22 - Let's not have another cheesy thread title... Wait, What?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• solovsfett
    replied
    Re: WISCONSIN Hockey Vol. 22 - Let's not have another cheesy thread title... Wait, W

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
    The problem is with these flat panels it's hard to get a dollar to stay on top the tv without it blocking the screen. Darned technology.

So I am kinda too lazy to look it up, did Kerdiles make the WJ team?
    I'm getting a flat panel soon as well...I'll have to get creative with the dollar on top, maybe tape it so it hangs over the back

Leave a comment:

• solovsfett
    replied
    Re: WISCONSIN Hockey Vol. 22 - Let's not have another cheesy thread title... Wait, W

The problem is with these flat panels it's hard to get a dollar to stay on top the tv without it blocking the screen. Darned technology.

I've been out of the info loop for 10days, iirc Jack McCabe was the only UW player to make the team

Leave a comment:

• Timothy A
    replied

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
    put a dollar on top of your t.v. set and leave there until season's end. we need to buy some goals ala PB and Bill Howard on Wisconsin Public TV

Leave a comment:

• solovsfett
    replied

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
    So this is what we've come to... Bucky really needs to win a few games.

In the mean time, I'm no expert, but for deals like this, isn't there supposed to be some sort of contract where someone gets a donkey and three cows or something?

/
    put a dollar on top of your t.v. set and leave there until season's end. we need to buy some goals ala PB and Bill Howard on Wisconsin Public TV

Leave a comment:

• solovsfett
    replied

Sarasota newspaper>The Milwaukee Journal and to an extent the Wisconsin State Journal

I've been here a week now and it's the same as the past two years, the sports section of the Sarasota news shows all of the D-I hockey conference standings (apparently on once per week basis) and the last weekend of scores...pretty **** cool for a city that's nowhere near D-I hockey. The only reason I can think of is that they have the icebreaker in Estero and they want to increase awareness

Leave a comment:

• Wisko McBadgerton
    replied

So this is what we've come to... Bucky really needs to win a few games.

In the mean time, I'm no expert, but for deals like this, isn't there supposed to be some sort of contract where someone gets a donkey and three cows or something?

/

Leave a comment:

• gwhinwi
    replied

Awesome. When your daughter turns 18, I'd like my then 24 yr old son to date her, assuming he's not hitched yet. Deal?
    We can talk about that later. She doesn't have any interest in boys at this point. We'll see if the next 10 years change that.

Leave a comment:

• Timothy A
    replied

Originally posted by gwhinwi View Post
    Here is an actual exchange that I had with my 8 year old daughter yesterday.

"Daddy, do you know what my Christmas wish is?"

I'm thinking to myself something about world peace or something emotional.

"What is your wish?"

"Daddy, I wish that the Wisconsin hockey team would play just a little bit better."

Thought you would enjoy that.

Happy Holidays.
    Awesome. When your daughter turns 18, I'd like my then 24 yr old son to date her, assuming he's not hitched yet. Deal?

Leave a comment:

• gwhinwi
    replied

Here is an actual exchange that I had with my 8 year old daughter yesterday.

"Daddy, do you know what my Christmas wish is?"

I'm thinking to myself something about world peace or something emotional.

"What is your wish?"

"Daddy, I wish that the Wisconsin hockey team would play just a little bit better."

Thought you would enjoy that.

Happy Holidays.

Leave a comment:

• Chuck Schwartz
    replied

Captain America: Jake McCabe to Wear "C" For Team USA

Congrats Jake, LINK

Leave a comment:

• Wisko McBadgerton
    replied

Here's a little comparison on how Wisconsin has done with all that NHL talent. Records of the top four 'alumni in the NHL' schools (2003-20012) :

Team / Record / % / NCAA / Frozen Four / Conference Champs / Conference Tourney Champs

UM -- 276-121-27 -- .683 -- 10 -- 3 -- 4 -- 4

BC -- 269-105-37 -- .699 -- 9 -- 6 -- 9 -- 6

ND -- 269-126-38 -- .665 -- 9 -- 5 -- 2 -- 4

UW -- 213-163-49 -- .559 -- 5 -- 2 -- 0 -- 0

Leave a comment:

• JDUBBS1280
    replied
    Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
    Programs with the most alumni in the NHL last season:

Michigan - 23
    Wisconsin - 22
    BC - 21
    North Dakota - 17
    Michigan St. - 16
    Minnesota - 15
    Colorado Col. - 14
    BU - 12
    Minn-Duluth - 10
    Denver - 9
    Miami - 9
    Notre Dame - 9
    Ohio State - 9
    How many of BC's players in the NHL right now have left before their third year? How many upper classmen did UMD have on their championship team. Etc, etc....

Majority of the blue chip recruits that have size aren't staying more than a few years. The programs that are having success are the ones recruiting more players who will stick around. Jerry York has done that.

That's the real point I am trying to make. I didn't realize BC was that close to the top in NHL players. Even more impressive. Goes to show that you can recruit guys that will stay around longer that can still contribute at the NHL level.

tDon has already started changing his recruiting philosophy at Minnesota. Guys like Rau, Haula, Cammarata, Guertler, etc... are all high-end skill guys, but will all probably be 3-4 year players. All have the skill to play in the NHL some day, but will need more time at this level to add strength and weight.

You can't go after all the Bjugstad's of the World. If he didn't accelerate his schooling and come in early, and if there wasn't the threat of the lockout, he probably would have been a 2-and-done. Fasching probably will be, but that's ok because tDon has a handful of other highly skilled guys coming in that will probably stay 3-4 years.

So, back to my original point, how many NHL players your program "produces" is a nice consolation prize. Or, in BC's case, the icing on the cake
    Last edited by JDUBBS1280; 12-20-2012, 03:34 PM.

Leave a comment:

• J.D.
    replied

Yes, I posted a link to that earlier. 22 if you count Kreider playing for the Rangers in the playoffs.

Leave a comment:

• ExileOnDaytonStreet
    replied

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
    Oh I dont disagree with that, I was referring to jdubbs stance on BC. they've been able to produce as many nhlers as any other program even with the majority of those players staying three years.
    Programs with the most alumni in the NHL last season:

Michigan - 23
    Wisconsin - 22
    BC - 21
    North Dakota - 17
    Michigan St. - 16
    Minnesota - 15
    Colorado Col. - 14
    BU - 12
    Minn-Duluth - 10
    Denver - 9
    Miami - 9
    Notre Dame - 9
    Ohio State - 9

Leave a comment:

• solovsfett
    replied

Originally posted by markwojo View Post
    It is starting to become apparent that the frustration over results in the program are starting to wharp some perceptions...both here in cyber messageboard world and in the Kohl Center by virtue of an overabundance of empty seats. Things need to change perceptions fairly quickly.
    true, I'll own up to it as to my perceptions

Leave a comment:

Working...
X