Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WISCONSIN Hockey Vol. 22 - Let's not have another cheesy thread title... Wait, What?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: WISCONSIN Hockey Vol. 22 - Let's not have another cheesy thread title... Wait, W

Why do people rip on any kind of defensive hockey? Isn't defense a part of football? Isn't defense a part of baseball? Isn't defense a part of the NBA? (I know, bad example)...how about UW basketball? Defense is part of the ****ing game. If you're a little short on O talent, use your D talent. Don't like it?....BFD.
    "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

• Re: WISCONSIN Hockey Vol. 22 - Let's not have another cheesy thread title... Wait, W

Chuck Schwartz linked to an article on Nic Kerdiles' game vs. Minnesota last weekend

GREAT to see Nic has the hate down for the rats already!

"The fact that Kerdiles is a Badger, playing against their biggest rival in Minnesota didn't seem lost on either side. Late in the second period, after Nick Bjugstad scored to tie the game at 2-2, Kerdiles took a nice little shot at Bjugstad after the play, leading to a mini-scrum after the goal. No penalties were assessed on the play, however. "
      Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Too bad Martha Johnson won't be able to drop the puck tomorrow night when they dedicate the ice sheet to her hubby. Hopefully the crowd will be raucous and the UW goals flow freely, well at least score more than 3.

Let's go RED!
        Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
        Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
        "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
        Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Hi all- Just a head's up for folks who don't have a pay TV option, tomorrow night's game will be broadcast tape-delayed at 10 p.m. over-the-air statewide on The Wisconsin Channel, which is WPT's second digital channel. Or, you can watch it streaming online at 10 at http://wpt.org/wisconsinchannel

Comment

Been getting asked a lot of questions about TV tonight since the game is on FS Wisconsin +

According to what we've been able to find online so far Dish=channel 449, Direct TV=685.

If anyone finds a channel for Charter, or any other provider please post it. Update: Twitter people saying the game is showing up on Charter 87, 303 and 323 in Madison. Anyone confirm?

AT&T UVERSE people can try 745.
            Last edited by Chuck Schwartz; 11-02-2012, 11:32 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
              Been getting asked a lot of questions about TV tonight since the game is on FS Wisconsin +

If anyone finds a channel for Charter, or any other provider please post it. Update: Twitter people saying the game is showing up on Charter 87, 303 and 323 in Madison. Anyone confirm?

AT&T UVERSE people can try 745.
              I can confirm Charter in Dodge County (I do not know if Madison's line-up is the same as mine) has the game on 322 or 323 tonight (I don't recall the exact channel my son said it was on, but it's on).

So what's the scouting report on CC?

Comment

So we turn on 323, it lists that the game is on, but there is nothing there. Errrrrrrrrrrr.

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                  So we turn on 323, it lists that the game is on, but there is nothing there. Errrrrrrrrrrr.
                  You act surprised. A Badger game and nothing to see?

Comment

Defense played....well this is a family show so I'll keep it clean...they didn't play very well.

Comment

My wife wanted to leave before OT started. I said, no let's stick it out. I should have known better...

Randy Schmidt should be / has been fired.
                      Exhibit A | Exhibit B

Help Cure MS
                      sigpic
                      Donate

Wisconsin Hockey: "When you say WISCONSIN, you've said it all!"
                      1973, 1977, 1981, 1983, 1990, 2006

Circle, circle, dot, dot, dot...

Comment

Not a good game...

• Defense really struggled with coverage in front of our net. One of the second period goals was terrible coverage in front. On the 3rd goal I watched McCabe (iirc) standing to the side of our net while his man stood in front of our net and redirected the puck. The 4th goal where their guy gets behind both of our D looked like squirt hockey. The OT goal was mostly Rumpel with a weak attempt at a short pass. Lotsa giveaways in our zone by both the forwards and the defensemen.

• Rumpel made some great saves in flurries or it could have been worse. That said, he seemed to be fighting the puck tonight for most of the game and his rebound control was very suspect. Lots of rebounds right back into the slot or circles. Defense actually did a pretty good job of clearing these. Of course, he made the big error in OT too. Gotta think he'll get tomorrow night off.

• 4 goals from the offense would seem like success, but we got two lucky ones in the first and like we've seen in the past couple of years, way too many extra passes when shots are available. CC did a good job in their zone clogging up passing lanes and we were generously giving them the puck when we could have been shooting. I get really annoyed with the people who are always yelling "SHOOT!" but I was having to fight the urge myself tonight. Shoot the **** puck! 100% of the shots you don't take... well, you know.

There were a couple of dazzling passing combinations, but they didn't result in goals and eventually, CC clamped down on our chances.

We deserved to lose that game. We could have been blown out with all of the mental errors in our end and at center ice.

Lastly...

Zullinick had a couple of good shifts when he finally got on the ice midway through the first and then we didn't see him much until the third. He was on the ice for their third goal. Looks like there's some flash in there, but he got pushed around a bit.

That's all I got for now.

Oh yeah and very anemic crowd in terms of bodies. Couldn't have been much more than 8k.

This may be the night that's remembered for the emergence of the Phil-billy though. Opposite corner from Phil, got the crowd worked up a couple of times. Passing of the torch?
                        Last edited by Gurtholfin; 11-02-2012, 10:19 PM.

Comment

Agreed on the defense, the blue line is just not what we are use to having.

The ot thing is making me physically ill. Last conference ot win march 2007 I believe in the 3rd place game.
                          Sixty Minutes. No Alibis. No Regrets.

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet
                          Well... Baggott does kind of suck.
                          Originally posted by UWisco
                          It's funny, there is actually a "team" performing worse than the hockey team at the KC this year. The ushers/security are completely worthless.

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
                            Not a good game...

• Defense really struggled with coverage in front of our net. One of the second period goals was terrible coverage in front. On the 3rd goal I watched McCabe (iirc) standing to the side of our net while his man stood in front of our net and redirected the puck.
                            I believe you're referring to Faust. Both he and Schulze were below the goal line looking at the guy with the puck in the corner. Zulinick also was looking at the puck, and (I think it was Winkler) slipped behind everyone and was wide open to catch a pass.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
                              I believe you're referring to Faust. Both he and Schulze were below the goal line looking at the guy with the puck in the corner. Zulinick also was looking at the puck, and (I think it was Winkler) slipped behind everyone and was wide open to catch a pass.
                              Correct. Just saw it on the replay. Ugh...

Youth hockey defense 101: If your D partner is below the line and we don't have the puck, you are in front of the net.
                              Last edited by Gurtholfin; 11-03-2012, 07:33 AM.

Comment

Just finished up watching the replay. I can't express how frustrating it is to watch them blow leads at home and then lose in overtime, usually quickly. I know it's not really apples-to-apples, but it's a big deal when Badger football and basketball lose at home, but hockey just can't seem to protect home ice.

I actually thought they did some things well and was pleasantly surprised they tied it up late. But they hung Rumpel out to dry on several of the goals, though it was his mis-play that ended up costing them the game.

Not to be redundant, but one way to increase home attendence is to take care of business at home. Just sick and tired of these type of losses.

Comment

Working...
                                X