Long awaited UNO arena announcement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Long awaited UNO arena announcement

I agree with those that say that you build this for the fanbase that is currently there, and create the demand. And we don't know yet whether it's expandable or not. That level of detail hasn't even been released, and some are complaining about 'too small'. If we've only got 5K paid right now, let's get to 7500 paid before we start saying it's too small. I've made many other comments in the thread over on mavpuck, you can read several of my thoughts there, but I think this can only be seen as a huge victory for the University and the athletic department, which, for the first time in eleven years, actually finished in the black. Says a lot about the vision they had in moving the rest of athletics into DI, and says a lot about solidifying the athletic department for the future!

And as far as the comment on the soccer field? You're not putting a baseball field in that space. No way it would fit. A soccer field was the perfect reuse for that once football was disbanded.

Can't wait to see more details come out after the University of Nebraska system Board of Regents okay the project at their meeting on Friday!

Comment

It's official. Pending Omaha City Council approval (not likely to be any sort of issue at all), UNO is getting their undersized palace:

http://www.omaha.com/article/2012102...-building-plan

Comment

So undersized it will seat 50% more people than tickets they are currently selling.
        bigmrg74: "You can't drink the day away if you don't start early!"
        SledDog: "UncleRay seems to be the most sensible one here tonight."
        All great men are dead and I'm not feeling well.
        A Margarita! in every hand and another Margarita! in the other hand!

And stay off the lawn!

Comment

Working...
        X