No announcement yet.

RIT @ Michigan, Thursday and Friday....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIT @ Michigan, Thursday and Friday....

Well, there are enough posters from both teams that it's kind of a shock to me that I (of all people) have to start a game series thread the morning of the first game. What's going on, people???

Anyway, it will be great to see RIT in SE MI again- as the host to the Posters game at Yost, you guys really made the game special, by yelling at us who played. Ok, not us, but your fellow Tiger in the net. We just took that all as encouragement to try to make him look bad.

So, two game this weekend.

Michigan is coming off a decent exhibition game against Windsor, where the first period was bland as heck, the team really found some legs in the second, and the third was basically a 2-2 tie. Unfortunately, the 5 goal second also found a rather significant injury to arguably our best defenseman. John Merell will be out for 6 or so weeks with a cracked vertebre.

Other than that, the Michigan roster was filled with Freshman and players who had not seen a lot of ice time. For the most part, they looked good- but it's really hard to say if that translates into real play or not. Some of the passes were not as crisp as you would like, but it was the first up to full speed game some of these guys have played in a while.

Both Freshman goalies got a look- #1 Rutledge with a surprise start considering he had eye surgery last week. He look good, but for one bad goal. #2 Racine did what was asked, and stopped all the shots he faced. Janyeck did the 3rd, and even though he as played, he will sit as #3. The post game interview had the players saying that they didn't care who was in net- as they were all good- and it still meant that a game needed to be played in front of them.

Quite a few of the top players didn't play, so we get to see them tonight.

Ok- talk it up. We've got the better part of 11 hours until face off from this moment.

Re: RIT @ Michigan, Thursday and Friday....

I'm looking forward to the official start of the season.

I hadn't heard what the Merril injury was. That sucks.

I was impressed by some of the freshman at Tuesday's exhibition. Hopefully they'll contribute right away. It will be interesting to see if we get an all freshman line for a game that counts.

I'm less worried about the play on the ice than I am about getting myself and bf into the student section. I got crap at the exhibition game, so I'm not sure how a real game will go with either me or the bf wearing my RIT jersey.
    Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
    wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
    7 B1G
    7 CCHA (all except St Thomas)
    6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU)
    5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont)
    5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson)
    2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT)
    2 Alaskan

Comment

Sorry we didn't get this topic going sooner... our competition generally isn't very vocal on USCHO so it would mostly be RIT players starting their own thread. However, you guys don't mess around.

I'm really looking forward to this series because I love seeing some great hockey and I love seeing my Tigers on the ice. Whatever weakness we have as a team I'm sure you guys will find and exploit it - which we can hopefully fix by the time the Atlantic Hockey playoffs rolls around (that's the point of these things, right?). I genuinely hope this is a fun competition, that we at least skate with you guys, and that no one gets hurt.
      RIT Tigers

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
        Other than that, the Michigan roster was filled with Freshman and players who had not seen a lot of ice time. For the most part, they looked good- but it's really hard to say if that translates into real play or not. Some of the passes were not as crisp as you would like, but it was the first up to full speed game some of these guys have played in a while.
        This paragraph could apply to RIT in many ways as well, though you can add Sophomores. We're a young team, but we like what we've seen from the underclassmen so far.

The key for RIT will be who plays in net, and how he rises to the occasion.

Powers &8^]

Comment

Michigan's freshman forward Justin Selman also suffered a bad cut to the back of his leg in the third period of the Windsor game. No word as to whether he'll be able to play.

Right now Berenson has a plethora of choices who to pencil in up front.

Most likely-Treais, Di Giuseppe, Kevin Lynch, Travis Lynch, Guptill, DeBlois, Hyman, Moffatt.
          Probable- Nieves, Milne, Sparks
          Up to Coach- (three will sit) Copp, Selman, Rohrkemper or Sinelli

On defense:
          (these aren't the pairings)
          Bennett- Clare
          Moffie- Trouba
          Serville-Chiasson
          Merrill is out and Mike Szuma is a preferred walk-on which probably will be scratched.

Goaltenders: No clue who will start, but my guess is that Rutledge will start Friday (if healthy) and Racine will start on Saturday. at least, that is my impression from Red, since nothing really could be determined from the Windsor game. It didn't sound as if Janny was going to play and Dwyer may not even dress.
          Last edited by streaker; 10-11-2012, 01:35 PM.

Comment

Go RIT! Soften up those Wolverines for Bentley's visit next weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post
              I'm looking forward to the official start of the season.

I hadn't heard what the Merril injury was. That sucks.

I was impressed by some of the freshman at Tuesday's exhibition. Hopefully they'll contribute right away. It will be interesting to see if we get an all freshman line for a game that counts.

I'm less worried about the play on the ice than I am about getting myself and bf into the student section. I got crap at the exhibition game, so I'm not sure how a real game will go with either me or the bf wearing my RIT jersey.
              im more than ready got my game notes all printed out ticket in my wallet and wearing my white home sweater
              96/98 ncaa champsmeechigan wolves stanley cup chanpions the detroit red wings nd the detroit ****tons

Comment

Hey, look.... a game thread. I haven't seen one of these in a while. Of course, I see it as I am getting ready to head over to Yost.

Should be a good one. Hopefully the scoring in the game against Windsor means good things for this weekend for the Wolverines.
                Build a man a fire and he will be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

If your actions speak louder than words, you're not yelling loud enough. - Stephen Colbert

You build. You paddle. You stand in awe of what your hands have made. - Pygmy Boats

Comment

I'm curious as to how many Michigan fans expect this to be a walkover compared to how many are expecting some actual competition.
                  RIT

Comment

Originally posted by RIT Winters View Post
                    I'm curious as to how many Michigan fans expect this to be a walkover compared to how many are expecting some actual competition.
                    RIT is a D1 hockey school. A program that recently went to the Frozen Four. Not a walkover.

Comment

Has anyone heard if this will be broadcast anywhere or a stream for it?

Comment

Originally posted by JRZ DVLS View Post
                        Has anyone heard if this will be broadcast anywhere or a stream for it?
                        Radio: WITR.rit.edu and looks like Michigan radio: http://www.mgoblue.com/allaccess/?media=336783. I've seen conflicting reports of whether there is a video broadcast.

Comment

Originally posted by Zyklon View Post
                          Radio: WITR.rit.edu and looks like Michigan radio: http://www.mgoblue.com/allaccess/?media=336783. I've seen conflicting reports of whether there is a video broadcast.
                          Looks like Big ten has it on premium subscription.

Comment

As a Tiger fan, I truly appreciate that perspective. We know we're growing, but we also know our place in the NCAA world. I can tell you from closely watching the Tigers of the last 4 years that we can just as easily upset a team as we can look like a joke compared to them.

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
                            RIT is a D1 hockey school. A program that recently went to the Frozen Four. Not a walkover.
                            RIT Tigers

Comment

No Garbowsky? Wilson isn't taking this seriously.
                              RIT

Comment

Working...
                              X