No announcement yet.

RIT @ Michigan, Thursday and Friday....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: RIT @ Michigan, Thursday and Friday....

and that's the RIT we know and love.
    RIT Tigers

Comment

Geez, man, do you enjoy going into two different threads and being ridiculously negative?

Powers &8^]

Comment

Yes hahah

Originally posted by LtPowers View Post
        Geez, man, do you enjoy going into two different threads and being ridiculously negative?

Powers &8^]
        RIT Tigers

Comment

Originally posted by LtPowers View Post
          It's a measure of expectations, if nothing else. Should we consider a win against Michigan no more impressive than a win against, say, Army?

Powers &8^]
          Not really what I mean. Any win is impressive, and being out of your conference- even better. But most of the reason Michigan is #3 at this point is name recognition, I think. I also think you need to have higher expectations- they are a good team. Big game, but not something that is embarassing to Michigan- RIT earned the win Friday- hang in, keep pushing, and let Michigan collapse under the pressure.

Comment

So, RIT- any idea why the goalies were changed? I know the goals were not his fault, but last night he was pretty hot. Anyway, Michigan buried more chances tonight, and just too big a hill to climb. You guys are good- and have a great season.

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
              So, RIT- any idea why the goalies were changed? I know the goals were not his fault, but last night he was pretty hot.
              It was stated going into the series that these two goalies would split time.
              Go Red!!

National Champions: 1954, 1985, 201x

Houston Field House, Cheel Arena, Agganis Arena, Magness Arena, Ritter Arena, Messa Rink, Matthews Arena, Von Braun Center, Lynah Rink, Starr Rink, Appleton Arena, Dwyer Arena, Buffalo State Ice Arena, Kelley Rink (also Verizon Center (DC), Herb Brooks Arena, Fenway Park (Frozen Fenway I), Times Union Center, DCU Center, Blue Cross Arena)

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
                I think Maine might have an argument here Also, Niagara lost the opener in OT, then won the next night.
                Yes, it was tied late, thought it ended that way.

But I also know a certain #1 ranked team that lost to Michigan at Yost in the regionals the season before (spring, 1998.) Is that better?

Comment

Originally posted by streaker View Post
                  Yes, it was tied late, thought it ended that way.

But I also know a certain #1 ranked team that lost to Michigan at Yost in the regionals the season before (spring, 1998.) Is that better?
                  Hmm...can't remember.

Also, North Dakota was a #2 seed that year.
                  North Dakota
                  National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
                    Hmm...can't remember.

Also, North Dakota was a #2 seed that year.
                    At one point they were #1 in the country, at least that is how they were treated by ESPN, who were already planning their b2b NC parade.

BTW- saw our Captain from 1998 in the stands next to my section last night. Matt Herr is coaching at Kent School out east.

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
                      So, RIT- any idea why the goalies were changed? I know the goals were not his fault, but last night he was pretty hot. Anyway, Michigan buried more chances tonight, and just too big a hill to climb. You guys are good- and have a great season.
                      Coach uses early non-conference games to try out different players and help decide who the #1 goalie will be. We needed to see Ruby in game action. I don't think he played poorly; I don't think Watson would have made more than one or two additional saves than Ruby... if that. I suspect the breakdown in the third was more due to exhaustion (we were playing with 11 forwards) and a Michigan team that had the talent to capitalize on the opportunities afforded by defensive lapses. Against some teams, we can get away with occasional defensive lapses (one of the bad habits we develop playing in the AHA), but not against Michigan.

Powers &8^]

Comment

Working...
                      X