Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'12-13 Michigan Tech Season Thread: Screw the Election, Let's Play Hockey!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: '12-13 Michigan Tech Season Thread: Screw the Election, Let's Play Hockey!

Originally posted by eye4talent View Post
    the team has had some nice wins this year, but the fact of the matter is, they're still in 10th place. I think people want to believe in this program, but so far, the results have been more of the same. Bottom third of the WCHA again. very frustrating.
    Yes, but don't forget about winning GLI. That was HUGE!! It's clear to me the program is headed in the right direction.
    "Don't believe everything you read on the Internet"
    Abe Lincoln

Comment

• Re: '12-13 Michigan Tech Season Thread: Screw the Election, Let's Play Hockey!

Originally posted by Wi.Huskies Fan View Post
      "For people with Charter in MN and maybe parts of WI? the charter extra channel 87 should have the Tech @ Mankato games on TV this weekend".

When I lived in Southeastern Wisconsin I was able to watch The Tech-Mankato series on Charter channel 87. It seems weird that people in Wisconsin, who have no dog in the fight, are able to watch the games but the folks in the UP arent't able to watch this series. I was just wondering why Charter in Houghton can't pick up the games?????
      The same thought crossed my mind this week, what's stopping Charter from airing these games on their system in the UP? My first guess is that maybe it is technically possible but the idea has never been brough up to Charter by the Tech Athletic Dept. In two weeks I think we're in the same situation with Tech @ SCSU airing on the Charter Extra channel 87, maybe someon in the UP shoudl be asking the atheltic department to at least ask the manager of the local Charter office to look into it.

Comment

Article on Demico Hannoun commiting to MTU http://wp.me/p1BNCG-1hZ
        Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

4-2 loss

Mel's postgame thoughts:
          We didn't have much push at the end of the game, Olympic sheet isn't an excuse, but different
          played too much on permieter
          we didnt' skate tonight, give them credity, they were getting to the net, their speed/quickness gave us trouble
          Sova got hit, he came back and then didnt' see him, he's got an upper body injury, doubtful for tomorrow
          Put a lot of strain on defensemen, then they were takign penalties, Tanner had to play D a bit
          Needed a spark to get going and couldnt do it
          Didn't like 4th goal, can't give up that goal
          can't force offense, somedays it's just not there, weren't real smart with puck, didn't move it at times we should've
          5x3 nice job killing that, faceoffs got better as game went on
          Needed that spark, didn't get it, not sure if it's Tuesday game/travel or their team, they plugged up the middle of the ice
          Mel leaning more on Walker Hyland, did you like his play? Yes - got confidence, one of better puck handling Dman on our team
          let's face it, this is a good hockey team, walker and those guys did a real good job, but we'll be better tomorrow, need to bring energy
          look at game tape, went from an agressive for check to a 1-2-2, at times tried to do too much on our own but with this ice sheet to do a give a go
          Just didn't have energy, want's a lot in this building, wasn't a flowing game on either side, tomorrow we get another chance to go for it
          In all likelyhood we'll be on the road for the playoffs, just talked about that in locker room, have to take care of the puck on the road etc.
          we'll be better tomorrow

Comment

I've heard that Muskegon has traded both Heinonen and Leibinger. Anybody got the scoop as to why they have traded their top scorer and D man who just happen to be both Tech recruits??

Comment

Let's save the split like at UNO.
              Hoping for a great effort tonight.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Troll mtu86 View Post
                I've heard that Muskegon has traded both Heinonen and Leibinger. Anybody got the scoop as to why they have traded their top scorer and D man who just happen to be both Tech recruits??
                http://www.muskegonlumberjacks.com/news/newspage.php?news_id=959

Confirmed. Heinonen to Chicago and Leibinger to Waterloo.

Comment

I guess I don't get it. Mankato isn't better than UNO but we made them look like the best team in hockey.
                  MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

maybe worst loss of the season?

Mel's postgame thoughts:
                    Things went in our net too easy, similar to the Northern game for us,
                    We played a real good road game, 1-0 game mid way through, SHG was not good, sort of got them going and they got a PP after that on questionable call
                    Our guys played hard, ton of credit, outshot them in 3rd, much better effort, that 5/6th goal both bad goals
                    You'll have nights like that, you better play good defense, some nights the puck just wont go in for you, Blake hit two posts etc
                    We have to play better defensively
                    Blake will be okay, with by hope to have Sova and Blake back, precautionary to hold Blake out, doctors said we shoudl sit him out and take it easy
                    Can't fault the effort of our team
                    We have to work on a few things, not totally broken, very disapointed with this weekend, look at some tape, shore some things up
                    Have to get GAA down, need better goaltendign on the road than that,
                    Do you worry about Jamie coming cold and his confidence? Mel - just good to get him in, don't want to lean on him too hard because he hasn't played a ton
                    CJ Eick - great speed, great shot, he'll create those chances
                    Another tough roadtrip to the big ice at SCSU
                    we did play well tonight, maybe in some way better than NMU game, sometime thigns don't go in,
                    playing good defense and good goaltending has helped us this 2nd half, didn't get that tonight

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                      I guess I don't get it. Mankato isn't better than UNO but we made them look like the best team in hockey.
                      At the game. MTU two posts, a penalty shot off left upper post, Williams huge save right pad first period. Way closer than score. However Pairwise has MSUM tie for 7th and UNO at 26th I believe.

Comment

...and just like that we're headed in the other direction.

Comment

Kind of a downer weekend after the offense the last two games. Tech outplayed the Mavs for about the first 10 minutes of both games, but then either the Mavs woke up or Tech lost a step. I think it was the later, just didn't seem to have that same confidence at the midpoint of either game that they did in the opening minutes.

With the two loses this weekend, Tech is eliminated from hosting home ice for the 20th season in a row. Bummer.

My new goal is to NOT see SCSU skate the cup in two weeks. Odds are looking pretty good that Tech could be back in Mankato or SCSU for the first round of the playoffs as well.

Ryan J
                          Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
                          https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
                          Originally posted by geezer
                          Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
                          Originally posted by manurespreader
                          ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
                            My new goal is to NOT see SCSU skate the cup in two weeks.
                            That's our goal, too.
                            I was told there would be no math...

Comment

Well with the team doing so poorly and prospects for advancement not very good, I thought I'd post something for all you ME majors out there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7nRR...d&noredirect=1

also, I just got back from Punta Cana. Not that great. There's better places to go.
                              MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Ok, Tech needs to snap out of their two game funk. I can think of no better way than an "In the Crease" versions of today's one hit wonder. The artist's name is Bauer for crying out loud.
                                I'll present one clean version as inspiration (love the guy with the compressed air hose in front of the car) and leave it up to all of you to view the other 100s of versions that I wouldn't link to here on this site.
                                Ryan J

Last edited by JohnsonsJerseys; 02-17-2013, 08:14 PM.
                                Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
                                https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
                                Originally posted by geezer
                                Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
                                Originally posted by manurespreader
                                ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

Working...
                                X