Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'12-13 Michigan Tech Season Thread: Screw the Election, Let's Play Hockey!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: '12-13 Michigan Tech Season Thread: Screw the Election, Let's Play Hockey!

Originally posted by Flashy Man View Post
    *****http://dl.dropbo*****/u/91309/freshmen_conf.png******

WCHA Freshmen Classes by Points Per Game
    What is the GA for the freshmen classes? I'd venture to guess Tech is near the bottom. It's nice to see them putting up points, but at some point, you have to shut the other team down. Can't outscore your mistakes.
    "The top three worst things I've seen in hockey? The invention of the trap. The invention of the morning skate. And the invention of the extremely ugly uniform."

—Brett Hull

Comment

• Re: '12-13 Michigan Tech Season Thread: Screw the Election, Let's Play Hockey!

I agree, but the fact that we're scoring more goals is a good thing after some of the lean year defensive years with Jamie.

For people with Charter in MN and maybe parts of WI? the charter extra channel 87 should have the Tech @ Mankato games on TV this weekend.

Comment

Certainly an impressive performance by the Huskies! If you come to the game from Marquette and the highlight of the trip is the pizza at the Ambassador, then Tech must have done something right!
        "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

GAA of a freshman class does not matter much to me. Defense is teachable; scoring much less so.

Comment

I did a Q&A with an edmonton oilers blogger about Jujhar Khaira:
            http://oilonwhyte.com/2013/02/13/the...des-tim-braun/
            Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

WOW...an 8 to 2 win over those pesky Wildcats is very impressive! Looks like Mel has the team peaking at the right time. Does anyone know the attendance figure for Tuesday's game?
              "Don't believe everything you read on the Internet"
              Abe Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by Burnt Orange Husky View Post
                WOW...an 8 to 2 win over those pesky Wildcats is very impressive! Looks like Mel has the team peaking at the right time. Does anyone know the attendance figure for Tuesday's game?
                It was horrible, like 2506 I think...
                Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                  It was horrible, like 2506 I think...
                  i was told by the forum that the Mac with Northern in town was so much better than Yost.
                  "The top three worst things I've seen in hockey? The invention of the trap. The invention of the morning skate. And the invention of the extremely ugly uniform."

—Brett Hull

Comment

Originally posted by eye4talent View Post
                    i was told by the forum that the Mac with Northern in town was so much better than Yost.
                    Apparently not on the tuesday immediately following Winter Carnival. It's no excuse for the fact that people didn't show up because I expect a sell out and 2-3 deep SRO on the glass for a Tech vs Northern game...hopefully next year with the games scheduled on weekends, we can return to the exciting crowds we used to have for these games.

Comment

Apparently not on the tuesday immediately following Winter Carnival. It's no excuse for the fact that people didn't show up because I expect a sell out and 2-3 deep SRO on the glass for a Tech vs Northern game...hopefully next year with the games scheduled on weekends, we can return to the exciting crowds we used to have for these games.
                      I don't think there was a large Northern group there either. Weekday games suck.
                      MTU Hockey fan since I was carried to a game in 1986 - for those counting... that's a lot of depressing hockey. Still love it.

Surrounded by Badger Red in Wisconsin. Such an ugly color, but the beer and cheese are delicious...

2014-15 WCHA (*Regular season portion) Pick-em Champion (**Forgeting a Week Methodology)

Comment

You're still never going to convince me that a fieldhouse with a bunch of aluminum bleachers is a good place to watch hockey. Sounds about as good as the state fair hippodrome.
                        Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

the team has had some nice wins this year, but the fact of the matter is, they're still in 10th place. I think people want to believe in this program, but so far, the results have been more of the same. Bottom third of the WCHA again. very frustrating.

—Brett Hull

Comment

the team has had some nice wins this year, but the fact of the matter is, they're still in 10th place. I think people want to believe in this program, but so far, the results have been more of the same. Bottom third of the WCHA again. very frustrating.
                            I agree with that, especially when you add the fact that it was on Tuesday, it's a premium game (the third in 5 days), and we all know how the Yoopers react to increased prices...

Comment

I agree with that, especially when you add the fact that it was on Tuesday, it's a premium game (the third in 5 days), and we all know how the Yoopers react to increased prices...
                              I would crawl through a mile of snowbanks from downtown in a blizzard to avoid paying $5 for parking. And sneak in my own coke and nachos.
                              Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
                              USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

"For people with Charter in MN and maybe parts of WI? the charter extra channel 87 should have the Tech @ Mankato games on TV this weekend".

When I lived in Southeastern Wisconsin I was able to watch The Tech-Mankato series on Charter channel 87. It seems weird that people in Wisconsin, who have no dog in the fight, are able to watch the games but the folks in the UP arent't able to watch this series. I was just wondering why Charter in Houghton can't pick up the games?????
                                MTU Huskies 3 time NCAA Champions... and going for more.
                                2017-18 WCHA playoff Pick'em Champion!

Comment

Working...
                                X