Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'12-13 Michigan Tech Season Thread: Screw the Election, Let's Play Hockey!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: '12-13 Michigan Tech Season Thread: Screw the Election, Let's Play Hockey!

Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
    The two best quotes:
    Scott dropped the gloves just once at Michigan Tech from 2002 to 2006... Russell remembers the fight well.
    "We had pretty physical games with North Dakota. There was one game in particular that was really heated. Emotions boiled over. North Dakota's captain (Ryan Hale) came off the bench and challenged John. John responded, and sent him back to the room for repairs,'' said Russell...
    With prodding from Russell, the 30-year-old Scott attended classes during the summer to finish his degree in mechanical engineering. "He's a smart guy. I told him, 'I want you to get your degree. It's important to me.

I'm more impressed with the second item and I'm glad Russell pushed him to do it. It's likely hard to get anyone in D-I to focus on school expecially when you think you can go pro. How many guys who are on an NHL roster have a degree in engineering?

Ryan J
    During one of my conversations with Russell, we talked about John Scott. The problem for John was that he needed one class and it was not available in the summer at Tech so John couldn't take it during the offseason. It took a bunch of work on Russell's part to convince Michigan Tech that John could complete a similar class at Minnesota that was available in the summer so he could graduate. Nice to have a coach that work that hard for someone off the rink.
    Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

• Re: '12-13 Michigan Tech Season Thread: Screw the Election, Let's Play Hockey!

If anyone checked out linkorama before now, check again, we've added video of Jake Jackson getting a hat trick on a shortie.
      http://wp.me/p1BNCG-1gp
      Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

• Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
        If anyone checked out linkorama before now, check again, we've added video of Jake Jackson getting a hat trick on a shortie.
        http://wp.me/p1BNCG-1gp
        And he's a finalist for the Mr. Hockey Award, does anyone know how many
        Finalists there is?
        Huskys all the way

Comment

Originally posted by Thecalkid View Post
          Finalists there is?
          Where did you hear that? I didn't think they announced finalists until next week.

Comment

Finalists there is?
            Ten, I think.
            tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Finalists there is?
              Nice inside information! He is a candidate for Mr. Hockey.
              tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

He's had a good run, but now is the time when he'll get hit by the Besse steamroller.
                I see no way how Besse doesn't win Mr. Hockey. And that is partially because of the Championship game last year, which shouldn't count, but I guarantee that a 5 goal Championship Game performance isn't going to be far from the voters' minds.
                Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                  He's had a good run, but now is the time when he'll get hit by the Besse steamroller.
                  I see no way how Besse doesn't win Mr. Hockey. And that is partially because of the Championship game last year, which shouldn't count, but I guarantee that a 5 goal Championship Game performance isn't going to be far from the voters' minds.
                  I don't think there is much doubt that Jackson is not the favorite to win but to have a finalist is pretty impressive, not to mention get a commitment from a MNHS player that made central scouting.

Comment

am I confused? I thought the John Scott / Ryan Hale fight took place under Sertich. the one that took place after the final whistle. Hale pushed Scott and Scott went after him. blood on the ice, Hale's face was a mess, the whole deal. the reason I remember, is Sertich said they counted the punches and Scott had landed 11, Hale 0.
                    or was there another fight with Hale?
                    Originally posted by mtu_huskies
                    "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
                    Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
                    Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

You know not to bypass HF's post, but the number one story of this years team is Michael Licktieg if you ask me. Very happy to see him doing so well.
                      MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

So I went to the St Thomas vs Tartan game tonight to see Jake Jackson play. STA is probably the best team in the state but Jackson was the best player on the ice tonight, He Singlehandedly was the reason for 2 of Tartan's 4 goals and assisted on another. I can see why he made Central Scouting and is a finalist for Mr Hockey. His game reminds me a lot of Petan. Very impressed with him tonight. Oh, Tsrtan managed to play STA to a 4-4 tie after trailing 3-1.

Comment

Originally posted by huskyfan View Post
                          am I confused? I thought the John Scott / Ryan Hale fight took place under Sertich. the one that took place after the final whistle. Hale pushed Scott and Scott went after him. blood on the ice, Hale's face was a mess, the whole deal. the reason I remember, is Sertich said they counted the punches and Scott had landed 11, Hale 0.
                          or was there another fight with Hale?
                          There was only one Scott/Hale fight, that I remember. The way Tim described it on the radio was that Ryan Hale pretty much got demolished.
                          Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                          Originally posted by Quizmire
                          mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                          MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                          MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                          I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
                            There was only one Scott/Hale fight, that I remember. The way Tim described it on the radio was that Ryan Hale pretty much got demolished.
                            It was during my freshman year, I believe. I know it was under Russell, because i saw that fight live, and Russell's first year was my freshman year.

Was with Shirtless at the HS game tonight. Jake Jackson is pretty good at hockey. I have tasked Shirtless with finding a replay of his goal, its worth sharing.
                            Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

http://www.meridi*****/mbp/hockey/in...recordid=36527

I suggest watching at 69:10, and at 130:25(stick with it through the next faceoff), #21 is Jake Jackson and this is against possibly the best team in the State

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                                http://www.meridi*****/mbp/hockey/in...recordid=36527

I suggest watching at 69:10, and at 130:25(stick with it through the next faceoff), #21 is Jake Jackson and this is against possibly the best team in the State
                                found the PPA that starts at about 37:50, sweet move by Jackson to setup the first Tartan goal.

Comment

Working...
                                X