Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'12-13 Michigan Tech Season Thread: Screw the Election, Let's Play Hockey!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: '12-13 Michigan Tech Season Thread: Screw the Election, Let's Play Hockey!

I think the idea to have salad at a hockey game is downright terrible. Unless it is deepfried and comes with some kind of liquid cheese dip.
    Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

• Re: '12-13 Michigan Tech Season Thread: Screw the Election, Let's Play Hockey!

Sounds like manurespreader wants to turn the Mac into a Dodgers game. Maybe they should get sushi and tofu burgers too.
      Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
      when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
      Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
        Sounds like manurespreader wants to turn the Mac into a Dodgers game. Maybe they should get sushi and tofu burgers too.
        Fans can weave their own rainbow colored mittens out of hemp during intermission.
        Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Hopefully they locals that complain about prices see this Winter Carinval deal and jump on it.

$30 for tickets to all 6 games during the weekend plus 2 parking passes seems pretty reasonable.

Comment

• Originally posted by mtu_huskies View Post
            Hopefully they locals that complain about prices see this Winter Carinval deal and jump on it.

$30 for tickets to all 6 games during the weekend plus 2 parking passes seems pretty reasonable.
            $30?! That better include popcorn! /locals

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
              Oakland has better food than Dodger stadium.

Food at the Detroit games ( Tigers/Wings) is ok but not great and it's 10,000 % better than the MAC.
              Witness.... No brats, 20 minute waits for cold hot dogs, terrible pizza, blah de blah.. this is 2013, not 1964. Charge more money if you have to, but have decent food and better service.
              MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Auction for one of two jerseys Blake Pietila wore in the World Junior tourney just ended. I threw in a "crazy" bid of $310 and came up just short. The winning bid was.... $1,515.00 (plus $20 shipping). So close... The blue jerseys worn in the gold medal game were not made available.
                Ryan J

Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
                https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
                Originally posted by geezer
                Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
                Originally posted by manurespreader
                ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

$1515. wow! but what a jersey to have!

I wish our concessions emphasized local foods. pasties would be a great addition. squeaky cheese and nisu bread probably would not work. pickled eggs?

anything that starts with KBC would be good. Jilbert's Ice Cream is good. the pizza and hotdogs are local. breadsticks with Baroni's sauce? no doubt too complicated, but whitefish sandwiches? smoked lake trout dip with crackers?

big games this weekend. I've a happy feeling that we might sneak away with two points.
                  Originally posted by mtu_huskies
                  "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
                  Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
                  Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

• Originally posted by huskyfan View Post
                    $1515. wow! but what a jersey to have!

I wish our concessions emphasized local foods. pasties would be a great addition. squeaky cheese and nisu bread probably would not work. pickled eggs?

anything that starts with KBC would be good. Jilbert's Ice Cream is good. the pizza and hotdogs are local. breadsticks with Baroni's sauce? no doubt too complicated, but whitefish sandwiches? smoked lake trout dip with crackers?

big games this weekend. I've a happy feeling that we might sneak away with two points.
                    How much did gibsons and gaudrea's go for
                    Huskys all the way

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                      Oakland has better food than Dodger stadium. Food at the Detroit games ( Tigers/Wings) is ok but not great and it's 10,000 % better than the MAC. Witness.... No brats, 20 minute waits for cold hot dogs, terrible pizza, blah de blah.. this is 2013, not 1964. Charge more money if you have to, but have decent food and better service.
                      The food services area at MTU does a great job with setting up and serving meals for meetings. Of course this is a different situation but I would give them a shot at working the food situation at the MAC. Is the food a possible money stream that is not being dealt with fully?

Comment

Originally posted by giwan View Post
                        The food services area at MTU does a great job with setting up and serving meals for meetings. Of course this is a different situation but I would give them a shot at working the food situation at the MAC. Is the food a possible money stream that is not being dealt with fully?
                        Dining Services already runs the SDC's concession stands. They need to expand the menu. At Amsoil I can get pulled pork, chicken tenders, and walleye fillets.

http://www.duluthnewstribune.com/eve...cle/id/186964/
                        Originally posted by SCSU Euro
                        What are you TALKING about? Best fans, best travelling, best insults nobody else understands, best talking in nerdy code. MTU rocks at like everything but winning hockey games.

Comment

Originally posted by Flashy Man View Post
                          At Amsoil I can get pulled pork, chicken tenders, and walleye fillets.
                          Yeah, if you can get near the concession stands there. They were mobbed (before the games) when I made a trip there in March of '11. in fairness, these were only the 9th and 10th games that had been played in the new arena. And the concessions (and restrooms) are all on the concourse level, there are none in the upper level. Probably my only dig on the place, though.

Comment

Originally posted by Flashy Man View Post
                            Dining Services already runs the SDC's concession stands. They need to expand the menu. At Amsoil I can get pulled pork, chicken tenders, and walleye fillets.
                            http://www.duluthnewstribune.com/eve...cle/id/186964/
                            Then they do not pay attention to it at all. Enjoyed that at Amsoil as well

Comment

Was looking a the Mich Tech game notes today and in The Last Time... section I saw this:

Michigan Tech Goaltender Scored a Goal.............................................. .... Jan. 21, 1989 (Damian Rhodes, 5-2 win, only time in WCHA history a goaltender has scored a goal)

I'm not sure if that's always been in there and I had noticed or it's new, but how odd. It must've been an ENG.

Comment

FYI Tech fans, NETV, which is televising the game tonight locally (statewide) is also streaming it live:

http://netnebraska.org/interactive-m...an-tech-vs-uno

Comment

Working...
                                X