Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'12-13 Michigan Tech Season Thread: Screw the Election, Let's Play Hockey!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: '12-13 Michigan Tech Season Thread: Screw the Election, Let's Play Hockey!

Originally posted by huskyfan View Post
    I always think the Huskies are going to win. seriously, we could play NHL all stars and I'd be thinking sweep. but today ... no way.

slaughter those chickens, hitch up your lucky underwear, reverse that juju and LET' S PLAY HOCKEY!!!
    Outstanding !!!

Comment

• Re: '12-13 Michigan Tech Season Thread: Screw the Election, Let's Play Hockey!

Dirk Hembroff just spent about eight minutes interviewing Scott White without asking about Josh Robinson. Doh!

Comment

Oooooh boy!
        MTU Hockey fan since I was carried to a game in 1986 - for those counting... that's a lot of depressing hockey. Still love it.

Surrounded by Badger Red in Wisconsin. Such an ugly color, but the beer and cheese are delicious...

2014-15 WCHA (*Regular season portion) Pick-em Champion (**Forgeting a Week Methodology)

Comment

still no way lowly Michigan Tech can beat the long and storied program from Kalamazoo. all those banners, that renown coach, uh, um, you know, whathisname and all those futures NHLers, those Mustangs?, Colts? oh yes, those Broncos. the Broncos of Denver, I mean Kalamazoo.

Originally posted by mtu_huskies
          "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
          Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
          Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

slaughter those chickens, hitch up your lucky underwear, reverse that juju and LET' S PLAY HOCKEY!!!
            This never works when I do it. Girls are scary! [/MTU]
            Any chickens left for tomorrow?
            Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
            USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

Well that answered my question about which Huskies would show up. Great Game, hope they can finish the job tomorrow

Comment

Congrats tech. Outplayed Michigan and surprised me. Didn't expect much this year in the GLI in the back of mind since our lone beacon of light is over in Russia playing for team USA.

Hopefully things get better for Michigan when Merrill comes back and they can keep the tournament streak alive. Somehow.

Go out and beat western's *** tomorrow. I can't stand fans of theirs who think they've arrived when they have an empty trophy case compared to the 3 other schools in the GLI.
                ---
                National Champions: 1948, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1955, 1956, 1964, 1996, 1998
                Frozen Four: 1948, 1949, 1950, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1955, 1956, 1957, 1962, 1964, 1977, 1992, 1993, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2008, 2011, 2018
                19 Conference Championships
                10 Conference Tournament Championships
                2 Hobey Baker Winners

@UMichWD on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by MGoBlueHockey View Post
                  Congrats tech. Outplayed Michigan and surprised me. Didn't expect much this year in the GLI in the back of mind since our lone beacon of light is over in Russia playing for team USA.

Hopefully things get better for Michigan when Merrill comes back and they can keep the tournament streak alive. Somehow.

Go out and beat western's *** tomorrow. I can't stand fans of theirs who think they've arrived when they have an empty trophy case compared to the 3 other schools in the GLI.
                  They'll be plenty of trophies in our case if your butt hurt team keeps playing like they did tonight!
                  Whiney Ferris Knuckle-dragger:"You're exactly right, the WMU students & fans are out of control. The Lawson Lunatics are a bunch of wild animals with zero class or civility"

Comment

Originally posted by Lawson_lunatic27 View Post
                    They'll be plenty of trophies in our case if your butt hurt team keeps playing like they did tonight!
                    You're delusional if you think western is going to do well in the NCHC. They'd be much better off in the WCHA where they could compete. Maybe some more MAC schools will add hockey and they can go there. They could play the MAC playoffs at the JLA. I'm sure it would get about as much of a crowd as the football championship game does there.
                    ---
                    National Champions: 1948, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1955, 1956, 1964, 1996, 1998
                    Frozen Four: 1948, 1949, 1950, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1955, 1956, 1957, 1962, 1964, 1977, 1992, 1993, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2008, 2011, 2018
                    19 Conference Championships
                    10 Conference Tournament Championships
                    2 Hobey Baker Winners

@UMichWD on Twitter

Comment

Last time, on "Michigan Tech Hockey"...

Tech gets beaten, humiliated and chased off the rink screaming and giggling like girls. Damon Whitten pulls a Dorien Grey and becomes old and ugly instead of dashingly handsome. Steve Shield's amnesia finally gets treated and he realizes he never played in the NHL. actually he's never even played hockey and doesn't even know what a goalie is. Muckalt sits quietly on the bench, knitting, while Michigan dumps in goal after goal after goal, after goal. and that is just the first period. tMel Pearson is nowhere to be seen. when the second period starts Mel is finally seen on the bench. Michigan's bench. standing next to Red. asked about it in a postgame interview he says "no question. you didn't really think I'd really leave Michigan for Tech?" MeanEGirl is seen cheering for Michigan State. Shirtless and Big Blue stayed home to watch replays of WNBA games. MS gives up flying for an opening as a Detroit bus driver. the Pep Band becomes a string quartet. Johnson Jersyes entire collection is donated to Goodwill. Twitch retires from engineering to do social work. Melmac divorces HuskyNation siting irreconcilable arrogance. huskyfan is last seen sitting on a curb on Duval Street, blanket over her head, muttering, "it's all Gwozdecky's fault".
                      *Cue cheesy soap theme*

We're retconning this, right? Well what do you know, huskyfan's post was all a dream.

Comment

Originally posted by MGoBlueHockey View Post
                        You're delusional if you think western is going to do well in the NCHC. They'd be much better off in the WCHA where they could compete. Maybe some more MAC schools will add hockey and they can go there. They could play the MAC playoffs at the JLA. I'm sure it would get about as much of a crowd as the football championship game does there.
                        Never said anything about the NCHC or how we'll do... just commenting on your crappy team and their poor attitude.... which obviously carries over to their fans....
                        Whiney Ferris Knuckle-dragger:"You're exactly right, the WMU students & fans are out of control. The Lawson Lunatics are a bunch of wild animals with zero class or civility"

Comment

IMO, the formula was pretty simple. Tech did a lot of little things right - they got the bounces/deflections/screens (at least 2 of Tech's goals came with multiple players in front), cleared the puck when they needed to, and Copley didn't give up anything he shouldn't have. Out of 38 shots, I think he saw maybe 3 or 4 challenging ones all night, and gave up almost no rebounds. The D was rock solid and helped him out a lot, but Michigan didn't really do a good job of getting bodies in front or pressing much.

Comment

I just watched my UT Longhorns finally get their act together on offense and defense to finish a frustrating season with a big win. And then I was gobsmacked when I came here and saw the Tech score! I was hoping the Huskies would beat Michigan but never in my wildest dreams did I think they would beat them like a rented mule. WOW, it's been a fantastic night!
                            GO HUSKIES!!!
                            "Don't believe everything you read on the Internet"
                            Abe Lincoln

Comment

Alex Petan is a badass.

http://www.freep.com/article/2012123...ws|text|Sports

Originally posted by Detroit Free Press/Mel
                              Petan went to a local hospital Friday night with flu-like symptoms and had "three bags of IV put into him," according to Pearson.

"We skated an extra player in warm-up because we weren't sure Alex was going to have the energy to play. Sometimes you have your best games when you're not feeling well and he did. He knows what to do with the puck."

Comment

That is the first win for Tech in their new gold thirds. I want to say they were 0-4 or 0-5 before yesterday.
                                tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Working...
                                X