Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'12-13 Michigan Tech Season Thread: Screw the Election, Let's Play Hockey!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: '12-13 Michigan Tech Season Thread: Screw the Election, Let's Play Hockey!

Originally posted by eye4talent View Post
    The writer puts Blake P. in the "likely" category.

http://unitedstatesofhockey.com/2012...ter/#more-5153
    I saw that as well, good for Blake if he makes it, but I kind of wish we had him to help win the GLI!

Twitter updates from Stephen Anderson:
    Team leaves tonight for longest road trip of season
    Gould will be with Eick and Rix on Friday
    C. Pietila moving to Johnstone brothers line to try and jump start them
    Copley and Phillips are the two goalies making the trip
    Sova has small cast on his wrist and is not going, Davis taking his place in lineup
    Hyland is extra D traveling and Hietila is extra Forward

Comment

• Re: '12-13 Michigan Tech Season Thread: Screw the Election, Let's Play Hockey!

Originally posted by mtu_huskies View Post
      I saw that as well, good for Blake if he makes it, but I kind of wish we had him to help win the GLI!

Twitter updates from Stephen Anderson:
      Team leaves tonight for longest road trip of season
      Gould will be with Eick and Rix on Friday
      C. Pietila moving to Johnstone brothers line to try and jump start them
      Copley and Phillips are the two goalies making the trip
      Sova has small cast on his wrist and is not going, Davis taking his place in lineup
      Hyland is extra D traveling and Hietila is extra Forward
      Interesting to see Brown and Lickteig not making the trip...
      Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by mtu_huskies View Post
        Well, I get my wish. Hope Davis' play earns him a regular spot, but if not, bring on Hyland.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
          Son of a.... That goes to show what happens when I cancel a trip up there. Bummer, that GLI jersey would have been a nice addition. Did they raffle two jerseys on Friday night or did the winner just get to pick one or the other?
          Ryan J
          Friday night they only raffled off one black jersey #33. Saturday night they had the gold GLI jersey + an additional white jersey IF all the tickets were sold. They didn't sell all the tickets. So they only raffled off the gold one.

Comment

Originally posted by The Troll mtu86 View Post
            Saturday night they had the gold GLI jersey + an additional white jersey IF all the tickets were sold.
            They rarely sell all the raffle tickets, but I have been there on a few nights when they have manged to do it.

However, I can't remember the last time I saw 3000+ attending the games so they do have a much better chance with that kind of attendance. The most impressive part was that was for a "premium price" game.

Ryan J
            Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
            https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
            Originally posted by geezer
            Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
            Originally posted by manurespreader
            ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

Did we hire a new strength and conditioning coach yet?
              MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

The weather people in Denver have said that this will not be a repeat of the Thursday/Friday snow event this "same weekend" in 1997. When the Saturday games was cancelled and move to Monday afternoon. But the Huskies did split the series. Was an exciting game on Sunday with four goals scored in about 1:30. Andre Savage scored the winner 27 seconds in overtime on a graet play down the side boards before crossing to the goal and putting a backhander in.

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                  Interesting to see Brown and Lickteig not making the trip...
                  Yeah I thought that too, we went from wishing he was available last year, to now he's available and not playing.

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                  I was wondering the same thing, but just read my Tech Alum email this morning and see it's listed as a job opening at the end of the email.
                  Other jobs on campus
                  Head Strength and Conditioning Coach, General Athletics

Comment

I hope the queers from Denver have fun circle jerking in that series thread they started.
                    Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                      WOW when did he leave?

Comment

Originally posted by giwan View Post
                        WOW when did he leave?
                        Took a job at tOSU a couple months ago.

Comment

Dave Karnosky previews this weekend series.

http://www.techhockeyguide.com/2012/...-the-pioneers/
                          Originally posted by SCSU Euro
                          What are you TALKING about? Best fans, best travelling, best insults nobody else understands, best talking in nerdy code. MTU rocks at like everything but winning hockey games.

Comment

Originally posted by Flashy Man View Post
                            Dave Karnosky previews this weekend series.

http://www.techhockeyguide.com/2012/...-the-pioneers/
                            Dillo, Worthless, FlagGuy and Viking do not look happy in that picture.
                            Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

So, how much does everyone think Tech will win by tomorrow night? I'm thinking it will be closer than most expect, something around 3 goal win for Tech.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

From Twitter it looks like Travis Brown (tbrown114) has committed to Tech. A MN defensemen from Rogers I think?

Comment

Working...
                                X