Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'12-13 Michigan Tech Season Thread: Screw the Election, Let's Play Hockey!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flashy Man
    replied
    Re: '12-13 Michigan Tech Season Thread: Screw the Election, Let's Play Hockey!

Originally posted by giwan View Post
    The food services area at MTU does a great job with setting up and serving meals for meetings. Of course this is a different situation but I would give them a shot at working the food situation at the MAC. Is the food a possible money stream that is not being dealt with fully?
    Dining Services already runs the SDC's concession stands. They need to expand the menu. At Amsoil I can get pulled pork, chicken tenders, and walleye fillets.

http://www.duluthnewstribune.com/eve...cle/id/186964/

Leave a comment:

• giwan
    replied

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
    Oakland has better food than Dodger stadium. Food at the Detroit games ( Tigers/Wings) is ok but not great and it's 10,000 % better than the MAC. Witness.... No brats, 20 minute waits for cold hot dogs, terrible pizza, blah de blah.. this is 2013, not 1964. Charge more money if you have to, but have decent food and better service.
    The food services area at MTU does a great job with setting up and serving meals for meetings. Of course this is a different situation but I would give them a shot at working the food situation at the MAC. Is the food a possible money stream that is not being dealt with fully?

Leave a comment:

• Thecalkid
    replied
    Originally posted by huskyfan View Post
    $1515. wow! but what a jersey to have!

I wish our concessions emphasized local foods. pasties would be a great addition. squeaky cheese and nisu bread probably would not work. pickled eggs?

anything that starts with KBC would be good. Jilbert's Ice Cream is good. the pizza and hotdogs are local. breadsticks with Baroni's sauce? no doubt too complicated, but whitefish sandwiches? smoked lake trout dip with crackers?

big games this weekend. I've a happy feeling that we might sneak away with two points.
    How much did gibsons and gaudrea's go for

Leave a comment:

• huskyfan
    replied

$1515. wow! but what a jersey to have!

I wish our concessions emphasized local foods. pasties would be a great addition. squeaky cheese and nisu bread probably would not work. pickled eggs?

anything that starts with KBC would be good. Jilbert's Ice Cream is good. the pizza and hotdogs are local. breadsticks with Baroni's sauce? no doubt too complicated, but whitefish sandwiches? smoked lake trout dip with crackers?

big games this weekend. I've a happy feeling that we might sneak away with two points.

Leave a comment:

• JohnsonsJerseys
    replied

Auction for one of two jerseys Blake Pietila wore in the World Junior tourney just ended. I threw in a "crazy" bid of $310 and came up just short. The winning bid was.... $1,515.00 (plus $20 shipping). So close... The blue jerseys worn in the gold medal game were not made available.
    Ryan J

Leave a comment:

• manurespreader
    replied

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
    Sounds like manurespreader wants to turn the Mac into a Dodgers game. Maybe they should get sushi and tofu burgers too.
    Oakland has better food than Dodger stadium.

Food at the Detroit games ( Tigers/Wings) is ok but not great and it's 10,000 % better than the MAC.
    Witness.... No brats, 20 minute waits for cold hot dogs, terrible pizza, blah de blah.. this is 2013, not 1964. Charge more money if you have to, but have decent food and better service.

Leave a comment:

• FadeToBlack&Gold
    replied
    Originally posted by mtu_huskies View Post
    Hopefully they locals that complain about prices see this Winter Carinval deal and jump on it.

$30 for tickets to all 6 games during the weekend plus 2 parking passes seems pretty reasonable.
    $30?! That better include popcorn! /locals

Leave a comment:

• mtu_huskies
    replied

Hopefully they locals that complain about prices see this Winter Carinval deal and jump on it.

$30 for tickets to all 6 games during the weekend plus 2 parking passes seems pretty reasonable.

Leave a comment:

• bigblue_dl
    replied

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
    Sounds like manurespreader wants to turn the Mac into a Dodgers game. Maybe they should get sushi and tofu burgers too.
    Fans can weave their own rainbow colored mittens out of hemp during intermission.

Leave a comment:

• Dirty
    replied

Leave a comment:

• bigblue_dl
    replied

I think the idea to have salad at a hockey game is downright terrible. Unless it is deepfried and comes with some kind of liquid cheese dip.

Leave a comment:

• manurespreader
    replied

Well these are just ideas, but you don't get to a good solution without lots of ideas floated out there where you get to pick from them.

I liked at the st cloud arena the spot under the suites where there was advertising and stuff flashed up. otherwise, suites are suites.

As far as food etc at the MAC. What if you had one place that sold; Chili, Brats, Dogs, Pre made burgers, pizza, crazy bread, some drinks. Kind of little ceaser's on steroids. The second place would have baked goods, salads, shrimp salad in particular, latte's, hot chocolate, juice, kind of like ummm.... STARBUCKS or maybe Panera Bread.

Then make these places accessible all the time. Students are up the hill to the gym a lot, I bet they would do a lot of business, not just on game nights. Give coupons so people can go, get some food and watch warm ups prior to the game. Kind of like the opera does in Detroit. you go an hour early and get something to eat before the opera starts. It's great and you get to interact with other fans that way. Then you have some TV's in there that you show Dirk doing a pre game show on, with interviews, etc. Just keep mitch off of it.

Then take the new downstairs and make it into something. Maybe the hall of fame is down there, maybe you have other needs, maybe you have a second entrance, who knows.

The Mac is good, and there have been some real good improvements, but it can be better and the food is unacceptable.

Leave a comment:

• Shirtless Guy
    replied

Linkorama is back! We have a new writer helping out with the return of Linkorama...check it out: Week 16

Leave a comment:

• Thecalkid
    replied
    Originally posted by midwest hockey View Post
    What exactly are you saying? I'm struggling with the context of this post.
    I had just copied it off of the Wisconsin thread

Leave a comment:

• midwest hockey
    replied

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
    Michigan Tech is interested in Luke Davison who I believe plays for Team Wisconsin with Tristan Rostagno. Luke's older brother, Tim, is committed to Wisconsin. Luke and Tim have played prep hockey for Notre Dame HS in Green Bay.
    He played TW U18. Very good puck moving d-man, but lacks size. Not sure what pipeline for D recruits EXACTLY looks like, but it seems Tech already has several that fit that mold. Maybe they need to add more "muscle that can move" into the mix?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X