Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'12-13 Michigan Tech Season Thread: Screw the Election, Let's Play Hockey!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: '12-13 Michigan Tech Season Thread: Screw the Election, Let's Play Hockey!

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
    I will ask, I'm pretty sure two schools are planning on doing that year but I'm not sure Michigan Tech is one of them, or what effect Alabama-Huntsville had on that plan. I might sit down with Mel tomorrow and if I get the chance, I plan on getting some answers about NC schedules and I'll try and ask about Alaska trips, if they know. Ran into Mel and Steve Shields at the library tonight. They were out with former Husky Jimmy Roy who currently works as director of player development for the Winnipeg Jets. Gave Jimmy a little crap about making sure Jake Jackson is on their radar for late in the draft.
    I'm hoping the Alaska thing happens as that makes for a fantastic trip and I know my brother and I would be going. I'm sure others would take advantage of it.
    MTU Hockey fan since I was carried to a game in 1986 - for those counting... that's a lot of depressing hockey. Still love it.

Surrounded by Badger Red in Wisconsin. Such an ugly color, but the beer and cheese are delicious...

2014-15 WCHA (*Regular season portion) Pick-em Champion (**Forgeting a Week Methodology)

Comment

• Re: '12-13 Michigan Tech Season Thread: Screw the Election, Let's Play Hockey!

Originally posted by stuckinwi View Post
      I'm hoping the Alaska thing happens as that makes for a fantastic trip and I know my brother and I would be going. I'm sure others would take advantage of it.
      Does the University offer any type of assistance for fans traveling to away games or are we just on our own, e.g., discounted airline fares, where to go and where to stay, tickets in a group of Tech fans, etc.
      "Don't believe everything you read on the Internet"
      Abe Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by Burnt Orange Husky View Post
        Does the University offer any type of assistance for fans traveling to away games or are we just on our own, e.g., discounted airline fares, where to go and where to stay, tickets in a group of Tech fans, etc.
        On your own up until the last one there. There is a block of tickets reserved for the away team's fans. Whether you buy them or not is up to you. I never buy them at the Kohl Center because sitting at the glass in the Kohl center sucks and I like to be up high to see everything.
        MTU Hockey fan since I was carried to a game in 1986 - for those counting... that's a lot of depressing hockey. Still love it.

Surrounded by Badger Red in Wisconsin. Such an ugly color, but the beer and cheese are delicious...

2014-15 WCHA (*Regular season portion) Pick-em Champion (**Forgeting a Week Methodology)

Comment

the Alaska / Thanksgiving / back to back weekends is still a go.
          Originally posted by mtu_huskies
          "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
          Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
          Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

Regarding non conf games. the coach mentioned last year than u n d wanted to schedule some games, is that going to happen?
            MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Buffalo fired Lindy Ruff. TSN's Bob MacKenzie is reporting Ron Rolston may be the front runner. Played for Tech in the late 80's.
              Originally posted by SCSU Euro
              What are you TALKING about? Best fans, best travelling, best insults nobody else understands, best talking in nerdy code. MTU rocks at like everything but winning hockey games.

Comment

Will the red wings alum game be up at the colosseum with the winter classic and all at comerica
                Huskys all the way

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                  Regarding non conf games. the coach mentioned last year than u n d wanted to schedule some games, is that going to happen?
                  here is what I am aware of:
                  MTU-MSU 2for1 w games in Houghton next year.
                  MTU-Mich 2for1 w games in Houghton 2014-15 season.
                  MTU-UMD 1for1 w games in Houghton 2014-15 season.
                  MTU-ND 2 games in ND at some point
                  MTU-Wis 2 games in Madison at some point
                  Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by Thecalkid View Post
                    Will the red wings alum game be up at the colosseum with the winter classic and all at comerica
                    huh?

2 for 1's and 2 for nones? Yuck, I'd have told the Big 10 douchbags to shove it up their asses.
                    Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

• Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                      MTU-Mich 2for1 w games in Houghton 2014-15 season.
                      Aww! How cute! You guys can wear thirtieth annivirsary patches to commemorate how long it's been between visits!

And 2-for-1's? Ha! Suckers! Way to help the B1G schools with added home dates.
                      “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
                        And 2-for-1's? Ha! Suckers! Way to help the B1G schools with added home dates.
                        So remind me, when are Michigan and Michigan State on NMU's schedule after this season?

Comment

Working...
                        X