Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'12-13 Michigan Tech Season Thread: Screw the Election, Let's Play Hockey!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: '12-13 Michigan Tech Season Thread: Screw the Election, Let's Play Hockey!

Originally posted by eye4talent View Post
    Good night for sports fans. Tech hockey game and then Verlander and the Tigers in deciding Game 5. Where's Jack Morris when you need him?
    Jack would not have been the problem the relief was. Jack would have simply pitched till his arm fell off

Comment

Ah, Jack Morris. 0 ER, 10 IP, CG, 1-0 SO, Game 7 of the World Series. MVP of the greatest World Series of all-time.
      Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

From one of Stephen's articles, not making the trip:
        F: Holmberg, C. Pietila (groin), P. Anderson and A. Pietila (2 game suspension)
        D: Hyland, Davis & Brown

I thought it was weird all 3 goalies went on the trip and Stephen points that out in his article, I'm still not sure I understand why for a one game road trip.

Tech wants to set tone
        http://www.mininggazette.com/page/co....html?nav=5009

Khaira a big addition

Pearson managing trio of 'tenders

Comment

Linkorama - Week 1 is up with those 3 articles from Stephen Anderson and many more.
          Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
            Ah, Jack Morris. 0 ER, 10 IP, CG, 1-0 SO, Game 7 of the World Series. MVP of the greatest World Series of all-time.
            this.
            Originally posted by mtu_huskies
            "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
            Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
            Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

Chat with us at www.techhockeyguide.com/live/!
              Originally posted by SCSU Euro
              What are you TALKING about? Best fans, best travelling, best insults nobody else understands, best talking in nerdy code. MTU rocks at like everything but winning hockey games.

Comment

Originally posted by mtu_huskies View Post
                I thought it was weird all 3 goalies went on the trip and Stephen points that out in his article, I'm still not sure I understand why for a one game road trip.[/url]
                Maybe Mel is setting a tone with the goalies, telling them it's anyone's to take? Or if one starts getting smoked he'll pull him quick? Or more likely when Tech is up by 6 goals he can give the others playing time.

Comment

Enjoying a bourbon here to placate that loss. Figured it was another .500-ish season (though I do hope for a run in the second half). This team is so young overall.

Comment

Ahhh.. the more things change the more they stay the same, so here's to better results on Saturday night at home

Comment

At least the Ugly ****ing Helmets lost too. Except they lost to an AHA team.
                      Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

This loss is all on the players, don't go blaming the refs. Tech gave themselves a shot, but they blew it in the third period.

Comment

Originally posted by huskyfan View Post
                          its on! please note change of venue

The first Blue Line Lunch of the 2012-2013 season will be held on Friday, October 19th from noon-1PM at the Continental Fire Co. on Montezuma Avenue in Houghton. Parking is available on the west end of the Continental Fire Co., across the street in the city parking lot, and in downtown Houghton.

The cost of the lunch is $9.00 per person and is open to all members of the community.

Head Hockey Coach Mel Pearson will be the featured speaker.

We will have a 50/50 raffle and a couple of giveaways.

Bring a friend and come out and show your support for our Division I hockey team as they take on the Minnesota Gophers!
                          Oh, I have a question...

What is the Continental Fire Co?
                          I was told there would be no math...

Comment

Originally posted by huskyfan View Post
                            its on! please note change of venue

The first Blue Line Lunch of the 2012-2013 season will be held on Friday, October 19th from noon-1PM at the Continental Fire Co. on Montezuma Avenue in Houghton. Parking is available on the west end of the Continental Fire Co., across the street in the city parking lot, and in downtown Houghton.

The cost of the lunch is $9.00 per person and is open to all members of the community.

Head Hockey Coach Mel Pearson will be the featured speaker.

We will have a 50/50 raffle and a couple of giveaways.

Bring a friend and come out and show your support for our Division I hockey team as they take on the Minnesota Gophers!
                            Awesome.
                            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                            Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by melmac View Post
                              Oh, I have a question...

What is the Continental Fire Co?
                              It's a club!
                              MTU Hockey fan since I was carried to a game in 1986 - for those counting... that's a lot of depressing hockey. Still love it.

Surrounded by Badger Red in Wisconsin. Such an ugly color, but the beer and cheese are delicious...

2014-15 WCHA (*Regular season portion) Pick-em Champion (**Forgeting a Week Methodology)

Comment

learn from it. shake it off. win tomorrow night.
                                Originally posted by mtu_huskies
                                "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
                                Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
                                Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

Working...
                                X