Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'12-13 Michigan Tech Season Thread: Screw the Election, Let's Play Hockey!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: '12-13 Michigan Tech Season Thread: Screw the Election, Let's Play Hockey!

Originally posted by mtu_huskies View Post
    From Twitter it looks like Travis Brown (tbrown114) has committed to Tech. A MN defensemen from Rogers I think?
    Rogers? That's a guy that will need some time in the USHL...
    Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

• Re: '12-13 Michigan Tech Season Thread: Screw the Election, Let's Play Hockey!

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
      So, how much does everyone think Tech will win by tomorrow night? I'm thinking it will be closer than most expect, something around 3 goal win for Tech.
      If Brittain starts (no reason to think they won't start their best), I figure Tech will win by 2 at most.

Originally posted by mtu_huskies View Post
      From Twitter it looks like Travis Brown (tbrown114) has committed to Tech. A MN defensemen from Rogers I think?
      WCHB briefly mentioned him last April: http://www.westerncollegehockeyblog....-16-17-tryouts

6-17-23 line in 28 games last season as a sophomore.
      Last edited by FadeToBlack&Gold; 10-25-2012, 09:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
        If Brittain starts (no reason to think they won't start their best), I figure Tech will win by 2 at most.

WCHB briefly mentioned him last April: http://www.westerncollegehockeyblog....-16-17-tryouts

6-17-23 line in 28 games last season as a sophomore.
        And drafted in the USHL future draft: http://www.oursportscentral.com/serv...es/?id=4394529
        Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
          They'll start him one night and the Finnish Sieve the other I'm guessing. And the Fin is suspended until Saturday, I believe. He probably got caught raping a co-ed.
          Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

The altitude will be a factor, but we'll see how much. Also I hope that Davis is better than last year. Yes I know he is supposed to be. Surprised Genoe stayed home. I like our guys more and more.
            A close game is expected I think, based on the final 5 last year, but I wouldn't be surprised by a big score.
            MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Trivia for the DU series

In the last 25 seasons Tech and DU have played in a number of different venues in Colorado. How many different places have they played and can you name them?

Comment

Originally posted by ColoToot View Post
                Trivia for the DU series

In the last 25 seasons Tech and DU have played in a number of different venues in Colorado. How many different places have they played and can you name them?
                Well I think I know most of the answer but do answer already and ruin the trivia question?
                Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                  Surprised Genoe stayed home.
                  Hopefully he warned the freshmen about losing the puck in the stands on those long clearing attempts.

Comment

Originally posted by oldish husky View Post
                    Hopefully he warned the freshmen about losing the puck in the stands on those long clearing attempts.
                    And to watch out for that dim lighting in Magness.

Comment

cannot. wait.

please Huskies dont disappoint.
                      Originally posted by mtu_huskies
                      "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
                      Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
                      Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                        Well I think I know most of the answer but do answer already and ruin the trivia question?
                        Go for it Shirtless!

Comment

Go for it Shirtless!
                          Broadmoor World Arena, Cadet Ice Arena, World Arena, DU Arena, Denver Coliseum, and Magness Arena

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                            Broadmoor World Arena, Cadet Ice Arena, World Arena, DU Arena, Denver Coliseum, and Magness Arena
                            No Broadmoor or Cadet Ice Arena. But McNichols Arena where they played in 1997 on Monday afternoon to a paying crowd of 250. So the total was 5. CC was the Broadmoor, Cadet and The New World Arena.
                            Last edited by ColoToot; 10-26-2012, 02:53 PM.

Comment

No Broadmoor or Cadet Ice Arena. But McNichols Arena where they played in 1997 on Monday afternoon to a paying crowd of 250. So the total was 5. CC was the Broadmoor, Cadet and The New World Arena.
                              So how is it 5? Tech and DU played at the New World Arena? I misread the question, thought you had asked all the placed MTU had played in Colorado...

Comment

Another sign that MTU may have overpriced their hockey video streaming, it looks like you can buy a one month pass to watch DU hockey for $9, compared to Tech's $12 a game.

Also, John Buccigross tweeted that official cancellation of the Winter Classic will likely occur sometime next week, looks like we'll be waiting another year for outdoor hockey at Comerica.
                                Last edited by mtu_huskies; 10-26-2012, 03:11 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X