Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boston University 2012-13 Season Thread -- Up To The Task?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston University 2012-13 Season Thread -- Up To The Task?

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
    Why was the Patriots game moved?
    "Week 11 of the season is the first week that the NFL and its broadcast partners can begin shuffling games as part of flex scheduling, and the first change - and the only change for Week 11 - involves the Patriots." boston.com

Basically, CBS thinks the Colts/Pats game would draw a lot of viewers and is putting it on a higher profile time slot.

Thanks DLG. Yes, the 18th.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Gentry View Post
      Basically, CBS thinks the Colts/Pats game would draw a lot of viewers and is putting it on a higher profile time slot.
      Yes, as I said, because of Andrew Luck

Comment

Originally posted by defkit View Post
        Well, Rogie just got his power back today, so that explains one of them And perhaps the travel for those that made the trek to Grand Forks is limiting posts.

Certainly lots of positives to the start of the season, and last night's win has me pretty jacked up. I'd say we are pretty much where I expected, at 4-2.

Positives - last night's W, O'Regan, O'Connor, Hohmann, and Grezlyck (sp?).
        Concerns - Kurker (perhaps needs a semester to adjust to the speed), Maguire (though Friday night made me much more comfortable), team defense (as I expected).
        Outlook - we certainly have the potential to be an NCAA team. We haven't shown we are at the same level as BC and UNH - we'll see how Sunday goes.
        I think we have a starting goalie and a periodic, spot-start goalie. I'd manage it that way until proven otherwise.

I echo the concern from another post about getting bottled up in our end and struggling for a rapid and secure transition. There were times it looked like we were a man down, holding on for dear life in our own end. UND rarely had that problem, from my perspective.

My outlook is a little more positive; given the youth, I'm optimistic this team could be much better in March than they are now.
        I believe in life, and I believe in love, but the world in which I live in keeps trying to prove me wrong.

Comment

Anyone know when the last time BC-BU played a RS game against each other post beanpot? What is the recent fascination of squeezing in all three meetings over the course of a handful of games pre-beanpot?

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
            Anyone know when the last time BC-BU played a RS game against each other post beanpot? What is the recent fascination of squeezing in all three meetings over the course of a handful of games pre-beanpot?
            BC doesn't lose games after the Beanpot so BU doesn't want to play them then, and BC doesn't want anything to ruin their momentum going into the tournament. Both teams benefit in theory.

Or the series' after the Beanpot are all 2 game series and BU-BC always play their 2 game series the first weekend of December.

It's one of these. I'm leaning towards the first one though.

Comment

It hasn't always been that way, but yes, that's the recent format. I just don't get playing three times in a one month span.

Comment

It hasn't always been that way, but yes, that's the recent format. I just don't get playing three times in a one month span.
                The other game used to be in mid to late January, which was good. At least that way its more spread out throughout the season.

Comment

3 times in a 5 game span, ridiculous

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
                    3 times in a 5 game span, ridiculous
                    It's better than when we had to play Northeastern 5 times in a row, though that's a little different because it just worked out that we played NU 3 games in the first round of the Hockey East tournament after a 2 game series to end the regular season. But I should not have to wait 11.5 months between regular season BU-BC games. Does that mean next year all series' will just be one weekend? So teams would go 12 months (or anywhere between 7 and 16 months if the series changes dates between seasons) without playing each other?

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                      Blows too as I'm gonna be golfing the weekend of the h/h. Dammit
                      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by Parker Ranger View Post
                        Privitera referred to Matt O'Connor as 'O.C.' He's got big shoes to fill if he's gonna go by O.C.

(Cue fanboy/glow stick/veiled homophobic reply in 3, 2, 1 ... )
                        It is his name though, it's not like he is calling Maguire "The Second Coming of Jim Craig" or thinking he is cute by working in the Heisman or another similar trophy into a player's last name

Comment

Originally posted by defkit View Post
                          Well, Rogie just got his power back today, so that explains one of them And perhaps the travel for those that made the trek to Grand Forks is limiting posts.

Certainly lots of positives to the start of the season, and last night's win has me pretty jacked up. I'd say we are pretty much where I expected, at 4-2.

Positives - last night's W, O'Regan, O'Connor, Hohmann, and Grezlyck (sp?).
                          Concerns - Kurker (perhaps needs a semester to adjust to the speed), Maguire (though Friday night made me much more comfortable), team defense (as I expected).
                          Outlook - we certainly have the potential to be an NCAA team. We haven't shown we are at the same level as BC and UNH - we'll see how Sunday goes.
                          Many thanks to defkit for taking over THFB while Sandy had me sidelined--and for recording the UND games for me!

Interesting comments by JP about Privitera's best two games in a BU uni and about Noonan's embellishment call. Parker said the call was 100% correct but claimed Noonan took a shot to the head. Did that happen? He also noted that a few teams in the conference "teach" embellishment. Wonder who he meant.
                          The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Rogie21 View Post
                            Many thanks to defkit for taking over THFB while Sandy had me sidelined--and for recording the UND games for me!

Interesting comments by JP about Privitera's best two games in a BU uni and about Noonan's embellishment call. Parker said the call was 100% correct but claimed Noonan took a shot to the head. Did that happen? He also noted that a few teams in the conference "teach" embellishment. Wonder who he meant.
                            I recorded the games while I was in attendance and saw a shot on the replay that should have been called against ND. I'm really glad BU agreed to scheduling terms, last weekend was excellent non-conference hockey and regardless of any embellishments by BU they played hard and I'm looking forward to ND's return trip.
                            "The man who smiles when something has gone wrong just thought of someone to blame it on." Robert Bloch
                            Discontinued Program:http://s.ecrater.com/stores/70443/48...70e_70443n.jpg
                            The goofs might suck, but Happy swallows.
                            Brooks told me he added something to the effect that, “if you want to go into business, go to Harvard; if you want to be a hockey player, go to North Dakota...”

Comment

Originally posted by Rogie21 View Post
                              Parker said the call was 100% correct but claimed Noonan took a shot to the head. Did that happen?
                              Yes. I was wondering how Noonan got a penalty after being cross checked to the ice. mookie was kind enough to text me that it was a total dive and when I watched my recording of the game when I got home that I would agree.

Comment

Does anybody who recorded the game or has searched the internet have a good highlight reel of the games? The ones on UND's website only show UND goals, and the one that does show BU goals is overlayed with stupid commentator postgame comments and little else than quick replays.
                                ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Working...
                                X