Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: PC Hockey - On the road back

Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
    FYI...before they cut back tickets to the arena, I saw PC students turned away from the BC game....

Anyways, terrible officiating to put BU on the two man advantage...Absolute joke they call those two!
    Yep. That game was really limited for tickets because of the Jerry York win thing. They had a set number of student tickets--I think it was ~400. They had 318 for the BU game.
    Places I've Seen a College Hockey Game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Compton Family Ice Arena, Conte Forum, Cross Insurance Arena (Cumberland County Civic Center), Dunkin' Donuts Center, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Fenway Park, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Pegula Ice Arena, Ralph Engelstad Arena, Schneider Arena, T.D. Garden, Tsongas Center, Thompson Arena, University of Southern Maine, Webster Bank Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

How true....Parker rules HE
      Originally posted by Jon View Post
      I'd have less of a problem if they'd reviewed the PC goal that was also called off. Fair is fair.

Comment

http://www.westerncollegehockeyblog....ce-on-the-rise

Feature story on the Friars
        https://www.hockeyjournal.com/author/jeffcox/
        Follow on twitter @JeffCoxSports

Comment

• FWIW. The UNH game is now sold out.....so will be interesting to see if they pass out student tickets the same way and of course how late into the game they stay
          Let's Go Pirates!

Comment

I'll be there and I'll stay the whole time.
            Places I've Seen a College Hockey Game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Compton Family Ice Arena, Conte Forum, Cross Insurance Arena (Cumberland County Civic Center), Dunkin' Donuts Center, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Fenway Park, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Pegula Ice Arena, Ralph Engelstad Arena, Schneider Arena, T.D. Garden, Tsongas Center, Thompson Arena, University of Southern Maine, Webster Bank Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Season ticket holders and fans with extra seats PLEASE DON"T give any extra tickets to the scumbag (with a beard wearing a hoodie and blue BOSTON coat) in front of Schneider. He's a scalper who has been asking for extras then scalping the freebies for crazy prices. It wouldn't bother me as much if he bought the seats and then tried to turn a profit but he's abusing the good will of fans with extras and screwing loyal hockey fans who can't get tickets solely due to the reduction in available seats.
              The guy has never been to games before and just started this BS after the faux sellouts started.

Comment

Originally posted by PC91 View Post
                Season ticket holders and fans with extra seats PLEASE DON"T give any extra tickets to the scumbag (with a beard wearing a hoodie and blue BOSTON coat) in front of Schneider. He's a scalper who has been asking for extras then scalping the freebies for crazy prices. It wouldn't bother me as much if he bought the seats and then tried to turn a profit but he's abusing the good will of fans with extras and screwing loyal hockey fans who can't get tickets solely due to the reduction in available seats.
                The guy has never been to games before and just started this BS after the faux sellouts started.
                This guy approached me last weekend. Thanks for the heads up for the up coming games.

Comment

http://news.providencejournal.com/sp...tie-at-bu.html

Nice to see Coach Leaman make a call to the Hockey East office.

Comment

• Originally posted by steven22 View Post
                    http://news.providencejournal.com/sp...tie-at-bu.html

Nice to see Coach Leaman make a call to the Hockey East office.
                    It made me smile when Nate said,"I can tell you, I went about it the right way,'' said Leaman. "I sent our captain (Kyle Murphy) on the ice to ask for the goal to be reviewed."

The trick is to do what Jackie did and get in the ref's face directly. Jackie kept saying "He was pushed" talking about his guy in the crease who got tangled up with Gillies, interfering with the goal awarded to BU after review.

It seems the moral is that captains do not get reviews, old legendary coaches do.

Comment

Anyone heading up to Orono tomorrow?

Comment

Originally posted by PcFriars13 View Post
                        Anyone heading up to Orono tomorrow?
                        I was going to go but we are finishing up mid term exams at my school this week and I couldn't leave Boston and make it in time for the game. I love going to see games at Alfond.

I went to the hoop game last night and was glad that the student sections at the Dunk is much more clueless and unorganized than they are at Schneider. The "pep" band was craptastic as always and I hope they lose the "free range" super fan who walks around with an open mike trying to get fans to cheer. It's beyond sad.

Comment

I was going to go to the basketball game yesterday, but on Wednesday night I ran into the majority of the basketball team at Ava's Wrath (the bar formerly known as Clubbie's), and I figured since they obviously don't care about the game I shouldn't either.

Comment

Originally posted by PcFriars13 View Post
                            I was going to go to the basketball game yesterday, but on Wednesday night I ran into the majority of the basketball team at Ava's Wrath (the bar formerly known as Clubbie's), and I figured since they obviously don't care about the game I shouldn't either.
                            Some things just never change. Sad.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
                            -Blackadder
                            "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
                            -Casablanca
                            "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
                            -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Originally posted by Jon View Post
                              Clubbie's closed? Does that mean the terrible decisions I made there never happened?

Comment

• Originally posted by Jon View Post
                                I was LIVID. Some were wearing PC gear too. Coach Cooley said he'd put a stop to this.

Comment

Working...
                                X