Poor Hunstville.
    Maybe not.

Comment

• Re: PC Hockey - On the road back

Originally posted by PC91 View Post
      Yes we can!
      Thanks for the beers!

My turn when you come up to Conte in March

PC played hard and nice comeback after being down 3-1.
      NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

Originally posted by BCeagle View Post
        Thanks for the beers!

My turn when you come up to Conte in March

PC played hard and nice comeback after being down 3-1.
        they couldnt relate to the fact that sellout=need to order more beer............they ran out early during the second intermission, REALLY? Nice job by Friars, never gave up and really were the better team for most of the night, Eagles seemed to never have much open space . Good job by the coach. BC was out of sorts even though they led for the entire game, at one point SOG was 20-5, PC.................... Not sure why i've read that Schneider wasn't such a nice place, for a small arena i think it's mighty fine actually
        Last edited by sterlippo1; 12-08-2012, 04:54 AM.

Comment

• 1. Best game I've seen at Schneider at least since the Halloween win over BC in Army's 2nd season and most likely since the. BU ot playoff game in '01.
          2. The way it felt and from other Friar fans this felt like a win,,,,,meanwhile saw NESN Daily and listening to the BC players they had, to them it felt like a loss since they did not achieve their goal,
          3. Also an element of irony,,,,York did not get the all time win record when Nick Saracino got the first goal and point of his career
          4. Gillies looked like he was fighting the puck early, bot once BC increased the pressure he certainly stepped up
          5. While they weren't perfect, the defense did a good job limiting BC's opportunities,,,,still had some problems getting the puck put, but it was BC, so you knew that would be an issue no matter who was on defense,
          6. I think experience will eventually make DeJersey, McPharland, Rooney, and Saracino more lethal threats,,,,,however I think we do need to find another another sniper
          7. Nice to speak to 91 while waiting for the doors to open, Combined with seeing Jon at the Merrimack game seemed like the old days,,,,,maybe someday my old h,s, classmate may make it back to a game
          Let's Go Pirates!

Comment

• Originally posted by cavbim View Post
            7. Nice to speak to 91 while waiting for the doors to open, Combined with seeing Jon at the Merrimack game seemed like the old days,,,,,maybe someday my old h,s, classmate may make it back to a game
            I heard he is working on it.

Comment

Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
              PC91 and I are pals
              Yes we are!

Comment

• Originally posted by PC91 View Post
                Yes we are!
                I think I felt the earth shake!

Comment

The apocalypse is upon is.......

Comment

Originally posted by PcFriars13 View Post
                    Here's something different:

ATTENTION STUDENTS! Friday night's men's ice hockey game versus #2 Boston College is already SOLD OUT!

You must arrive to Schneider Arena by 6:30 pm if you want to see the Friars play. At 6:45 pm student seats will begin to be sold to the general public.

Go Friars!
                    Wish i had seen this before i drove down. I tell you, you take one week off from reading the blog and you miss all this important stuff. Great game by PC wish i could have seen it. Does anyone know any local bars near the school that carry Cox Sports? Everywhere we tried to go and watch the game on TV had Direct TV so we couldn't watch the game.

Also noticed Jankowski missed his first game of the season. Injury? Healthy scratch? Did he have to report camp for the U20 world junior championships? i thought i read he was being considered for Canada's training camp roster

Comment

Originally posted by beamfj View Post
                      Also noticed Jankowski missed his first game of the season. Injury? Healthy scratch? Did he have to report camp for the U20 world junior championships? i thought i read he was being considered for Canada's training camp roster
                      Injury. He was out due to a sore hip. Pretty sure he wasn't picked for Canada's training camp - they seem to pick only guys who play major juniors...

Comment

• Originally posted by chrisP View Post
                        Injury. He was out due to a sore hip. Pretty sure he wasn't picked for Canada's training camp - they seem to pick only guys who play major juniors...
                        Let's be honest, Jankowski really hasn't been that good this season so he was far from being missed.

The big test is going to be Vermont as Russ Stein is going to likely be in goal that night and it is a MAJOR drop off in talent between Gillies and Stein
                        Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
                          Let's be honest, Jankowski really hasn't been that good this season so he was far from being missed.

The big test is going to be Vermont as Russ Stein is going to likely be in goal that night and it is a MAJOR drop off in talent between Gillies and Stein
                          I almost think they'd be better off with one of these in net: http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images...jpg?1292619940
                          Places I've Seen a College Hockey Game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Compton Family Ice Arena, Conte Forum, Cross Insurance Arena (Cumberland County Civic Center), Dunkin' Donuts Center, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Fenway Park, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Pegula Ice Arena, Ralph Engelstad Arena, Schneider Arena, T.D. Garden, Tsongas Center, Thompson Arena, University of Southern Maine, Webster Bank Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Last night was a good one for both Providence teams. Both came back from 3-1 deficits against highly-ranked opponents and tied the game in the dying stages.

The only difference is Schneider was sold out, while Meehan couldn't have been a third full. Stop taking fans away from us! :P

Comment

• Originally posted by kdiff77 View Post
                              Last night was a good one for both Providence teams. Both came back from 3-1 deficits against highly-ranked opponents and tied the game in the dying stages.

The only difference is Schneider was sold out, while Meehan couldn't have been a third full. Stop taking fans away from us! :P
                              Should have done a doubleheader for those games at the Dunk tonight?
                              Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

• Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
                                Should have done a doubleheader for those games at the Dunk tonight?
                                The Brown game still wouldn't get much of a draw, but it's a cool idea. The problem is that even though BC and Union played in the very same Frozen Four last season, BC is the most marketable brand in the sport and Union is a small college outside of Albany.

Comment

Working...
                                X