Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Hockey articles in projo

Originally posted by CollegeHockeyRinkReport View Post
    What really aggravates me is the fact that almost every college hockey game is over by 9:15, if it's on TV or starts at 7:30, it will be over by 10:00. Pre-game before the game, bring in a nip or two if you have to, get to the game and be out at parties or the bars by 10:15. I haven't gone out before 10:00 on weekends since high school. It's a great take and you can still have plenty of time to do the college stuff after.
    That was true when I was at PC and it never made an ounce of sense back then either.

Originally posted by PcFriars13 View Post
    The athletics dept does a TERRIBLE job promoting games. I was sitting in the cafeteria on Saturday morning an overheard two girls talking...one asked if hockey had a game that night and her friend responded with "no, that was last night." The main focus is on basketball, but they've sold less than 600 student season tickets, and they're even offering a money-back guarantee if students actually go.
    And that hasn't changed either. Sigh.
    Originally posted by SecE View Post
    DO THEY STILL HAVE THAT LOUD SOUND SYSTEM WHERE YOU CAN'T HEAR THE PERSON NEXT TO YOU TALK AND THEY PLAY IT OVER THE BAND WHEN THEY WOULD GO. Oh sorry for the caps I thought I was at th rink
    POSSIBLY. THAT WILL ALSO NOT CHANGE.

Originally posted by The Freds View Post
    I always find these discussions fascinating when I think of the student sections of the 80's. In those days the student section was 3-4 arena sections wide and students had to buy tickets for the games. I knew many students who bought season tickets to ensure their entry into all the games when most were (real) sell outs. Of course student tickets were discounted but they required effort and were in demand. Of course it helped thy the team was regularly ranked in the top 10 if not top 5.
    Things like this just make me angry. We had this awesome program and it was allowed to degenerate... sigh.

Originally posted by dillon View Post
    If you want to see a great college hockey band, youtube Cornell hockey. PC should have a dedicated hockey band that should be there at EVERY home game, as well as travel to at least some of the away games. I've been a fan and going to the games for over 30 years, and compared to most of the other schools, the game atmosphere is lacking. It is hard to believe that with an on campus facility, and the free (or nearly free) tickets that the students get, that the student section is empty. There were virtually no students at the Saturday Maine game. No band , no students for a home game.
    That's setting the bar extraordinarily high.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
    -Blackadder
    "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
    -Casablanca
    "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
    -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Originally posted by SecE View Post
      I'm glad you are okay. The photo's of the road were amazing.
      Thank you for the kind sentiments. The Island got whaled along with coastal RI, Connecticut and Long Island. A lot of damage in a bad economy.

Comment

Looking for at least a split up in Burlington this weekend. Go Friars!

Comment

• Re: PC Hockey - On the road back

UVM is playing really physical.
          Places I've Seen a College Hockey Game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Compton Family Ice Arena, Conte Forum, Cross Insurance Arena (Cumberland County Civic Center), Dunkin' Donuts Center, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Fenway Park, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Pegula Ice Arena, Ralph Engelstad Arena, Schneider Arena, T.D. Garden, Tsongas Center, Thompson Arena, University of Southern Maine, Webster Bank Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Chalk up another "W" for the Friars. What a nice feeling.

Go PC!

Comment

• Originally posted by PC91 View Post
              Looking for at least a split up in Burlington this weekend. Go Friars!
              Well, mission accomplished. Woooot!

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
              -Blackadder
              "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
              -Casablanca
              "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
              -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Sure feels strange

Originally posted by The Freds View Post
                Chalk up another "W" for the Friars. What a nice feeling.

Go PC!

Comment

Be sure to check out the USCHO.com front page story about Jon Gillies: Providence’s Gillies has goaltending in his blood

Comment

• Originally posted by satyking View Post
                    Sure feels strange
                    We continue to get balanced scoring evidenced by 2 guys getting their first goal of the year and Jankowski's got the final goal

Also interesting Leaman moved Jankowski's off the Schaller line.....now I might say he actually got moved to our best line with Mauerman

Not a big save night for Gillies but Vermont had their best period in the 3rd and Gillies held the fort.....His save percent suggests he made a save in the last period our previous goalies would have let 1 slip through. Same deal with last Friday's game......at this point he is the big difference with the balanced scoring ranked just behind it as to why we have a pretty nice start to the season
                    Let's Go Pirates!

Comment

This team is doing things the right way...Jankowski really hasn't been as dominate as the hype but the entire freshmen class that has seen ice time has been OUTSTANDING!
                      Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

Originally posted by cavbim View Post
                        big difference with the balanced scoring ranked just behind it as to why we have a pretty nice start to the season
                        Right on! Well balanced scoring and solid goaltending makes a big difference.

Just my 2 cents but I love the line of Brown, Rooney and Accari. They have been the fourth line most of this young season and they can bang, hustle and score.

Comment

Originally posted by PC91 View Post
                          Right on! Well balanced scoring and solid goaltending makes a big difference.

Just my 2 cents but I love the line of Brown, Rooney and Accari. They have been the fourth line most of this young season and they can bang, hustle and score.
                          Accari seems fearless on the ice...Kid will bang with anyone on the ice and hustles after all the loose pucks.
                          Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

Accari is basically a freight train on skates. I would not want to be on the receiving end of one of his hits.
                            Places I've Seen a College Hockey Game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Compton Family Ice Arena, Conte Forum, Cross Insurance Arena (Cumberland County Civic Center), Dunkin' Donuts Center, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Fenway Park, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Pegula Ice Arena, Ralph Engelstad Arena, Schneider Arena, T.D. Garden, Tsongas Center, Thompson Arena, University of Southern Maine, Webster Bank Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

My son likes Accari's style cause he's a freight train as PcF13 said. I like him because he hustles and does the little things. I love that fourth line because they are not one sided. They can hit you and still create scoring chances.

PC is playing with house money tonight as they took last night's game and Vermont will be gunning for their first HE victory of the season. It will be interesting to see how the Friars perform tonight at UVM. Another sweep is certainly doable.

Comment

They look tired.

Comment

Working...
                                X