PC Hockey - On the road back

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: PC Hockey - On the road back

joke when you get 1500 fans to watch , the deciding game , joke that unh cant win the big one ...... now its one and done in manchester...

Comment

Gotta root for the Friars now since Gilles' gain is a gain for his Dad, Bruce (UNH 82)! Good luck Providi....

Comment

Originally posted by zoofer View Post
        Gotta root for the Friars now since Gilles' gain is a gain for his Dad, Bruce (UNH 82)! Good luck Providi....
        he's not offspring of former islanders' captain clark?!?
        a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

I can't stop smiling! This is amazing.
          Places I've Seen a College Hockey Game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Compton Family Ice Arena, Conte Forum, Cross Insurance Arena (Cumberland County Civic Center), Dunkin' Donuts Center, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Fenway Park, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Pegula Ice Arena, Ralph Engelstad Arena, Schneider Arena, T.D. Garden, Tsongas Center, Thompson Arena, University of Southern Maine, Webster Bank Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

• Originally posted by PcFriars13 View Post
            This especially nice after watching UNH crush PC for years and years... WHAT A GAME!!!

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
            -Blackadder
            "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
            -Casablanca
            "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
            -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Originally posted by PcFriars13 View Post
              Let's Go Pirates!

Comment

• Originally posted by Jon View Post
                This especially nice after watching UNH crush PC for years and years... WHAT A GAME!!!
                Congrats, Friars! Good comeback win, and I expected you to advance. It's also a huge confidence booster for a young team. Best of luck against UML on Friday.
                We are usually convinced more easily by reasons we have found ourselves than by those which have occurred to others.
                ---Blaise Pascal

When two opposite points of view are expressed with equal intensity, the truth does not necessarily lie exactly halfway between them. It is possible for one side to be simply wrong.
                --Richard Dawkins

UNH Wildcats: Winners, 20XX NCAA Men's Hockey National Championship

Comment

I really have to complement the students. They really began to pick it up and be loud. The Music guy gave them a chance to cheer. That being said, I am really glad that the team got the PP goals and hung on and played hard! Shipping up to Boston!!!!
                  Providence College
                  National Champions

Save the Fighting Sioux!!

Comment

Not a Friars fan per se, just a college hockey fan, but congrats to PC and its fans on a great series win. It's nice to see the balance of power start to shift in HE--it was getting tedious to see the same top 4 year after year. And congrats to coach Leaman on an incredible turnaround of a program. It just proves--if you treat kids farly and with respect, and make the game fun, you get great results.

Comment

• Originally posted by unh1982 View Post
                      joke when you get 1500 fans to watch , the deciding game , joke that unh cant win the big one ...... now its one and done in manchester...
                      Crowds don't win games...players do!
                      Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

• Originally posted by unh1982 View Post
                        1620 thank you
                        Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

Gutcheck win. Sweet. Wish I could've been there...can't wait for Friday at 5!

joke when you get 1500 fans to watch
                          You must be laughing yearly when you look at the attendance figures for the HE Quarterfinals. Throw in Sunday, 4pm, St. Patricks Day = a recipe for declining gate. BC and BU had "announced" gates of 3000 the prior two games, but even BC looked much more vacant than that on Friday night. But, it's the same deal every year. Not saying it's not disappointing, but the reality is 2-of-3 format does not appeal to the casual fan and never has.
                          Last edited by HockeyMan2000; 03-17-2013, 07:58 PM.

Comment

Another perfect day for hockey in the capital!

Comment

• Originally posted by kdiff77 View Post
                              Another perfect day for hockey in the capital!
                              Indeed.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
                              -Blackadder
                              "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
                              -Casablanca
                              "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
                              -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Originally posted by unh1982 View Post
                                You mad?
                                Lowell Forever
                                Forever Lowell

Comment

Working...
                                X