Michigan State @ Minnesota: 10/12 - 10/13

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Michigan State @ Minnesota: 10/12 - 10/13

How many guys do you have graduating, or plan on leaving early? Hopefully it's all of them. See ya next year!
    Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
      How many guys do you have graduating, or plan on leaving early? Hopefully it's all of them. See ya next year!
      There is only 1 senior (Helgeson), but I think everyone expects Haula and Bjugstad to both leave. After that (I really know nothing about who is drafted by whom and how that could play out) but Budish and Schmidt could be flight risks?

Comment

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
        there is only 1 senior on the roster, but i am predicting 4 forwards and 2 defensemen sign early.. next year's gophers will be much younger and much smaller

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
          There is only 1 senior (Helgeson), but I think everyone expects Haula and Bjugstad to both leave. After that (I really know nothing about who is drafted by whom and how that could play out) but Budish and Schmidt could be flight risks?
          you beat me to it.

as of now, personally i would look at getting any 1 of bjugstad/haula/condon/budish back as a windfall. the reason i include condon is because i believe colorado loses his rights after this upcoming spring if they dont sign him. same goes with nashville and budish

on defense i would assume Alt signs, and then probably holl leaves due to playing time. schmidt is another wild card.. but id predict he comes back for his senior year. just a hunch

Comment

Originally posted by jerryj View Post
            there is only 1 senior on the roster, but i am predicting 4 forwards and 2 defensemen sign early.. next year's gophers will be much younger and much smaller
            For sure, despite the team only having one senior on its roster, this year will be the Gopher's best chance to win it all. But it's way to early to even think about making it to the Frozen Four - the team has to continue to improve and focus on each and every game, from now until April.
            Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Saw a few things from MSU that impressed me and one play in particular stood out to me: One MSU forward (can't remember the number) dropped in front of a slapper from (I think) Alt with ~ 6 or 7 left in the game. He very easily could have bypassed blocking the shot but he didn't and the Spartan players on the bench all got up and slapped their sticks in appreciation. Gutsy kid.

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
              And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
              Twenty red lights in his honor
              Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

~Mick Jagger/Keith Richards

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                I'm not so sure about Haula leaving. Maybe. But the Wild system is stacked with top prospects so I'm not sure they will be racing to sign him.
                University of Minnesota

Twitter: Hammy Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by Hammy View Post
                  I'm not so sure about Haula leaving. Maybe. But the Wild system is stacked with top prospects so I'm not sure they will be racing to sign him.
                  I trust your judgement on that - I might be premature on that one he just seemed like someone that could be in the mix for leaving given his development the past season and solid start this year. jerry mentioned Condon and I thought about him but I don't know if he fits the leaving expectations or not.

I am curious about what MSU fans saw of their own team this weekend vis a vis expectations. I know they got run over, but it is only one weekend and I wouldn't expect what happened this weekend will be the same team they see at the end of the season?

Comment

Working...
                  X