Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UVM @ Lowell - This Could Get Ugly

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
    So, how did this happen? I thought that the refs don't have to listen to these requests, it's up to the refs themselves, so why did the refs do it?
    New rule this year. Coaches can request a review... however if they are incorrect, they lose their timeout. I think I saw it in the interview with the new head of officials.

Comment

Originally posted by bottomdweller View Post
      New rule this year. Coaches can request a review... however if they are incorrect, they lose their timeout. I think I saw it in the interview with the new head of officials.
      Thanks, I was wondering if the rule had changed. So they were incorrect? But used their timeout...?
      Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
      2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
      2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
      2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
      2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
        Thanks, I was wondering if the rule had changed. So they were incorrect? But used their timeout...?
        Yes, it is a new rule this year. If they had been right it wouldn't have counted as a timeout. Of course, if they had been right, the game would have been over anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by UVM Cat in Texas View Post
          Yes, it is a new rule this year. If they had been right it wouldn't have counted as a timeout. Of course, if they had been right, the game would have been over anyway.
          So, if you have used your timeout you can not request a review?

Comment

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
            So, if you have used your timeout you can not request a review?
            Good question. Not sure, but I guess that would be the case. I hadn't heard of the rule until last night.

Comment

Originally posted by bottomdweller View Post
              Season kicks off on Friday. Might want to put the National Guard on notice, this could turn ugly real quick.
              Nice call UMLL.
              Last edited by malz2000; 10-14-2012, 04:45 PM.
              2009 Hockey East Tournament Finalists
              2012 NCAA Final 8
              2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions
              2013 Hockey East Tournament Champions

Comment

Working...
              X