• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carmine Scarpaglia
    replied
    Re: Boston College '12-'13: Gaudreaubey Baker

Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
    Why do Merrimack defensemen like slamming opposing players into their goaltender? Just curious.
    No kidding. That idiot Bigos is going to kill his own goaltender.

Leave a comment:

• FiveHole12
    replied

At 3-0 we had 'em right where we wanted 'em. Never a doubt in that one!

Smith playing with Arnold/Hayes added some big energy to that line. I think we will see some very good things happening with that trio.
    FWIW... Marotta was on his head in the first period, and that doesn't count a number of missed back door ops that jumped over our stick. Could have been 3-0 BC after one. Kudos to MC and Marotta for keeping us off the board in the first.

Why do Merrimack defensemen like slamming opposing players into their goaltender? Just curious.

Leave a comment:

• Carmine Scarpaglia
    replied

Check the vid on bceagles.com for a great view of that Whitney goal from right behind Marotta. He drew the puck back inside and snapped it off quickly between the Dman's legs and right under the bar.

Filthy.

Whitney does have the capability of scoring dazzling goals.

Leave a comment:

• J.D.
    replied

When it was 3-0 I was questioning if this was the type of team that could come back and didnt really think so. Shame on me. The two times they've been down 3 this year have both ended as wins.

Leave a comment:

• sterlippo1
    replied

Originally posted by BCeagle View Post
    Yes, if they had scored a 4th goal.

After the TO, BC gave up another goal to make it 3-0 and incredibly staged a 5-minute comeback to tie it.

Whitney is really stepping it up this year. Can't underestimate his contributions, like Almeida last year.

Next game is at home against the Green from Dartmouth who lost last night for the 1st time to Colgate.
    and who blew a 4-1 lead in the third..........I think we've been waiting for this from Whitney. We have seen glimpses of it since he was a freshman but now he's bringing it every night and has subtracted the mindless penalties. He was great during the run last year(as was everyone else) . He's just a really good hockey player
    Last edited by sterlippo1; 11-17-2012, 06:26 AM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X