This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston College '12-'13: Gaudreaubey Baker

Interested to see how the team bounces back Friday. Will still be without Gaudreau and despite their loss to Holy Cross, Yale will provide some challenges. Better be ready to play and put the loss to Minny in the rear view mirror.

Comment

Originally posted by carltonbarrett View Post
      Maybe I'm blind, but to these eyes, it looked like Milner was not moving until the MN player pushed him with his stick back into the net. Not that it matters, as MN was going to roll regardless.
      After watching the video several times, I tend to agree with you. The referee question was: Did Milner have possession of the puck prior to being pushed into the net? From two different angles it appears Bjugs tried to jab and push the puck from underneath Milner's pads into the net after he had fallen and clearly gained possession of the puck. Then Matheson skates in from behind and pushes Bjugs' upper torso, while Bjugs continues to attempt to dislodge the puck with his stick, adding additional force to the stick thus sending Milner into the net.

Definitely a questionable call as Milner appears to have possession of the puck before sliding into the net. IMO it probably should have been whistled as a save after the video review. Now the other seven, that's another story.

What I appreciated the most from a Gopher perspective was they outplayed the Eagles for a full 60 min. something they've struggled with lately. However, without Gaudreau and your upperclassmen on D, arguably the game didn't accurately reflect BC's potential as the 12-3-1 team that beat 3 top 10 ranked teams and is 5th in the nation in SOS. If the Gophers were missing Bjugs and a couple key defensemen and BC came into Mariucci with a full roster, IMO BC would be the favorite. If we meet again in the NCAAs, and both squads are healthy and pumped...that will be a fun game to watch and a true rematch of the FF.

Last edited by HarleyMC; 01-02-2013, 12:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
        Where are we having this game, the moon??
        lol, i was being conservative. the last time i predicted a crowd i was 1000 too high (one of those dreadful sunday games) so i am low balling it.......

Comment

Originally posted by HarleyMC View Post
          Bjugs continues to attempt to dislodge the puck with his stick,
          he's pretty good , that guy

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
            Well, the hillbillies are convinced this is "the year" so this is a new thing for them... hey wait a minute. Anyway I'm sure they bought a lot of tickets. Plus they get to come and try out these new technologies like electricity and indoor plumbing so that is always going to be a good way to get them to visit Conte...
            Nope, I won't go. The last time I went the game was called due to FOG in the arena!!! (All part of the Eagle's plan to keep North Dakota off the scoreboard in the 3rd period while keeping those concession stand cash registers running?)

Come to think of it, I've been since then, but found that the bathrooms weren't worth the price of admission. And the stalls are probably still full of BC fans vomiting up the remains of the Minny game anyway.
            Speaking of electricity, be sure you put a fresh bulb in the red light behind Milner. He may have burned out the one at Mariuci.
            We are usually convinced more easily by reasons we have found ourselves than by those which have occurred to others.
            ---Blaise Pascal

When two opposite points of view are expressed with equal intensity, the truth does not necessarily lie exactly halfway between them. It is possible for one side to be simply wrong.
            --Richard Dawkins

UNH Wildcats: Winners, 20XX NCAA Men's Hockey National Championship

Comment

Originally posted by goblue View Post

Come to think of it, I've been since then, but found that the bathrooms weren't worth the price of admission.
              you HAVE to be kidding me ............if you're lucky one of the students may leave half a nip of rum on top of the toilet paper dispenser then you'll be all set

Comment

Shameless plug, but a story on milestone victories for Jerry York that some BCer's might be interested in. Talks about the milestone victories, 1, 100, 200, etc up to 925.

http://www.westerncollegehockeyblog....aa-wins-record
                Last edited by CollegeHockeyRinkReport; 01-02-2013, 02:56 PM.
                https://www.hockeyjournal.com/author/jeffcox/
                Follow on twitter @JeffCoxSports

Comment

I thought there was some ACC rule about how the basketball court had to be down for 24 hours prior to a game? Hockey team is at home friday and hoops play at home Saturday afternoon...

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
                    I've donated tix before when i have not been able to make it (rare as that has been) but i've not done the exchange, how does it work? a set of mine for a future game??
                    Go to 'My Account'... no, not mine, yours.
                    Folks that can't make the game will put their tix up for sale at face value.
                    I just checked and there's no UNH tix for sale right now, but keep on checking every day.
                    Good luck!
                    'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Come to think of it, I've been since then, but found that the bathrooms weren't worth the price of admission.
                      What the hell's going on in the bathroom (or not going on in the bathroom) that bums you out?
                      Should we be concerned?
                      'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
                        you HAVE to be kidding me ............if you're lucky one of the students may leave half a nip of rum on top of the toilet paper dispenser then you'll be all set
                        C'mon Joe, this is BC. I expect single malt scotch to be the drink of choice, not rum. Rum is for state schools.
                        We are usually convinced more easily by reasons we have found ourselves than by those which have occurred to others.
                        ---Blaise Pascal

When two opposite points of view are expressed with equal intensity, the truth does not necessarily lie exactly halfway between them. It is possible for one side to be simply wrong.
                        --Richard Dawkins

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
                          What the hell's going on in the bathroom (or not going on in the bathroom) that bums you out?
                          Should we be concerned?
                          The lack of bidets. If Parker could insist on individual ventilation fans at each BU player's locker, then why can't BC install bidets in the bathrooms? Melt down a couple trophies to pay for them, if you have to.

Here in hillbilly country, why, we got the runnin' streams and whatnot, so we don't need no bidets. Good thing they all flow south.
                          Last edited by goblue; 01-02-2013, 06:16 PM.
                          ---Blaise Pascal

--Richard Dawkins

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
                            Go to 'My Account'... no, not mine, yours.
                            Folks that can't make the game will put their tix up for sale at face value.
                            I just checked and there's no UNH tix for sale right now, but keep on checking every day.
                            Good luck!
                            ok FiveHole, thanks. Imagine that stubhub had only 9 tickets available, 4 together and 5 singles, asking price $80-$150 i believe and most were in OO

Comment

C'mon Joe, this is BC. I expect single malt scotch to be the drink of choice, not rum. Rum is for state schools.
                              oh, jeez, you're right, i must have got my nip mixed up with the student's

Comment

After Yales loss to HC and BC's to Minny, I would not want to be a player at practice at either school this week. Hopefully the Mr Hyde version of Yale shows up at BC and makes it a competitive game. An underclassman extravaganza for both schools with some key players missing or injured. Yale has really missed forwards Jesse Root and Trent Ruffalo, neither is a huge scorer, but they added two way stability to the line up that has been sorely missing since they both injured shoulders a few weeks back. Yale's goalie Malcolm will also have to stand on his head this week, giving up 5 to HC could not have helped his confidence, but he is capable of stonewalling any team.
                                YALE HOCKEY
                                2013 National Champions

Comment

Working...
                                X