X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston College '12-'13: Gaudreaubey Baker

Originally posted by carltonbarrett View Post
    Again, not saying MN isn't the better team with full rosters on both sides, but I am saying you can expect a much, much tighter game if we meet again in the NCAA's.
    I would say the odds of a "much, much tighter game" (should these two meet in the NCAA's) are about 95%!
    Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

A lot of bravado from 4four4 in regard to a coach/program that has underachieved for a while now. If minnesota plays their best they will be tough to beat. To suggest they are unbeatable if they play their best? That's laughable.

Comment

• Originally posted by Goon View Post
        That's kind of the consensus that anyone that isn't a Gopher fan holds. I personally couldn't believe the explanation that I got as well.
        Yeah, everyone turns to you for objective analysis - especially where it concerns the gophers.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
          A lot of bravado from 4four4 in regard to a coach/program that has underachieved for a while now. If minnesota plays their best they will be tough to beat. To suggest they are unbeatable if they play their best? That's laughable.
          I wouldn't say "unbeatable," but I'd say "BC-like."
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Johnny G with a trick this morning. I think that's 5 G's in 2 games.

Comment

It is, according to BCI he's now the leading scorer in the tournament after a very slow start.

US-Canada in the semis at 4 AM, set those alarms!

Comment

Originally posted by Cross Check View Post
                Playing that many frosh D is a problem, just look at the way Bjugstad embarrassed Sullivan. Pathetic.
                Considering Sullivan adds nothing offensively and is a big body, you'd expect him to excel at the one-on-one/defensive zone aspect of the position at least. But he doesn't really do that very well either. Has not been very good this year. I have to think he'll have trouble seeing icetime next year with Matheson, Doherty, MacLeod, Santini, Savage, McCoshen as a top 6. Jeke may get preference as the #7 but I guess we'll have to wait and see.

When you think about what the defensemen have done this year, it doesn't take long to realize that Alber has quitely been one of the most steady guys out there on the blue line. Really was having a terrific year. He has his moments but overall has been very good.

The good news is that the defense is terrible as it always is at this time of the year and like clockwork Greg Brown gets these guys rounded into form for the tournaments.
                Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                  Minnesota has a good team. They did go to the Frozen Four last year, returned basically their entire team, and added some good freshmen.

That said, they have a very interesting and peculiar schedule this year, and I for one will be interested to see if it affects them in the post-season.

Almost the entirety of their regular season games will be played on Olympic sized sheets of ice. Because of the WCHA schedule rotation, they miss away games at UMD, UND, UNO, and DU, all pretty tough barns with small ice sheets. Their non-con schedule is almost entirely at home, with only a visit to Vermont. I think even Vermont's rink is slightly larger than the typical NHL size rink. They are basically going to get the early games at Tech, and the last two at BSU as their play on NHL ice this year, before the playoffs.

The transition game in a small rink is much different, and certainly plays into the hands of a team like BC.
                  That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

on bceagles.com York says Alber will be out 3 months, UGH!.....................on another note, I just called the ticket office to get two extras for the UNH game sunday Feb 17th (4:00 start) and was told the game has been sold out for a month. not sure if i can recall a non-BU game ever being sold out that far in advance but i need two....... badly

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
                      on another note, I just called the ticket office to get two extras for the UNH game sunday Feb 17th (4:00 start) and was told the game has been sold out for a month. not sure if i can recall a non-BU game ever being sold out that far in advance but i need two....... badly
                      Well, the hillbillies are convinced this is "the year" so this is a new thing for them... hey wait a minute. Anyway I'm sure they bought a lot of tickets. Plus they get to come and try out these new technologies like electricity and indoor plumbing so that is always going to be a good way to get them to visit Conte.

Students are probably still on break for both of these next two home games I would imagine. January is a big month, 5 home games, 2 away. Need to take care of business in Conte. Maybe throw another bone over to NU at Matthews to help keep Madigan around.
                      Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                      The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
                        on bceagles.com York says Alber will be out 3 months, UGH!.....................on another note, I just called the ticket office to get two extras for the UNH game sunday Feb 17th (4:00 start) and was told the game has been sold out for a month. not sure if i can recall a non-BU game ever being sold out that far in advance but i need two....... badly
                        3 months does put us right around tourney time...

With it being President's Day Weekend you'll probably be able to grab some on BC's ticket exchange or on here.

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                        Maybe throw another bone over to NU at Matthews to help keep Madigan around.

Or maybe he can beat BU in a month and they'll give him an extension!

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                          Students are probably still on break for both of these next two home games I would imagine. January is a big month, 5 home games, 2 away. Need to take care of business in Conte.
                          no doubt......... we are 2-2-1 in the last five with Yale and 2 UNH games coming up then UMass (nice to see them with that big tourney win)

Originally posted by claver2010 View Post

With it being President's Day Weekend you'll probably be able to grab some on BC's ticket exchange or on here.
                          I've donated tix before when i have not been able to make it (rare as that has been) but i've not done the exchange, how does it work? a set of mine for a future game??

Comment

Not sure what the BC box office situation for tickets to the Yale game is at this point. I am picking up one at the Yale box office today and they state they are sending their unsold tix back to BC today, so if needed, more tix should be available at the box office in Boston soon.
                            YALE HOCKEY
                            2013 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by LTsatch View Post
                              Not sure what the BC box office situation for tickets to the Yale game is at this point. I am picking up one at the Yale box office today and they state they are sending their unsold tix back to BC today, so if needed, more tix should be available at the box office in Boston soon.
                              yeah, i didnt ask about that game but it would not surprise me if they sold that out too but i'm thinking 6000K. We usually have big crowds when the students are off, strange as that sounds

Comment

• Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
                                i'm thinking 6000K.
                                Where are we having this game, the moon??
                                Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
                                Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
                                Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Working...
                                X