This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston College '12-'13: Gaudreaubey Baker

I would say all Milner has to do is watch his play from last season and most of this season. The difference is the defense in front of him. A lot of work to be done in that department.

Comment

According to Greg Shepherd Head of Officials for the WCHA, the Boston goalie Parker Milner’s momentum carried him into the net; he wasn’t touched by the Minnesota players so that’s why it was called a goal. If Milner had been touched, it would have been ruled no goal. Now you know the rest of the story... I think it's a questionable explaination, but in the end it wouldn't have mattered. I have to say that I was surprised by B.C. play.
      Contributing Editor and College Hockey Writer at Inside Hockey
      Eric's Twitter
      The Sin Bin The Sports Daily

Comment

• Originally posted by Goon View Post
        According to Greg Shepherd Head of Officials for the WCHA, the Boston goalie Parker Milner’s momentum carried him into the net; he wasn’t touched by the Minnesota players so that’s why it was called a goal. If Milner had been touched, it would have been ruled no goal. Now you know the rest of the story... I think it's a questionable explaination, but in the end it wouldn't have mattered. I have to say that I was surprised by B.C. play.
        Maybe I'm blind, but to these eyes, it looked like Milner was not moving until the MN player pushed him with his stick back into the net. Not that it matters, as MN was going to roll regardless.

Comment

That's kind of the consensus that anyone that isn't a Gopher fan holds. I personally couldn't believe the explanation that I got as well.
          Contributing Editor and College Hockey Writer at Inside Hockey
          Eric's Twitter
          The Sin Bin The Sports Daily

Comment

Yeah, it reminded me of shuffleboard and Milner was literally the puck...

Comment

I was at last nights game and wanted to mention something to the BC fans. After player introductions, the lights were dimmed at Mariucci arena, a spotlight was on BC head coach Jerry York. The public address person told the sold out crowd that York broke the record (the night before) for the most Division 1 wins in college hockey history. The fans gave York a standing ovation!
              We have our rivalries but true hockey fans recognize this great accomplishment.
              Last edited by wylie; 12-31-2012, 05:59 PM.

Comment

BC & MN are a lot alike in that they run clean, exciting and succesful programs, with mostly college age kids traditionally from their home states/regions and I think both fan bases can respect and appreciate that a great deal, I know I do.
                Last edited by carltonbarrett; 12-31-2012, 07:54 PM.

Comment

So no more news or updates on Alber I take it? Really too bad as I just can't see us going all the way without him....

Comment

Originally posted by carltonbarrett View Post
                    BC & MN are a lot alike in that they run clean, exciting and succesful programs, with mostly college age kids traditionally from their home states/regions and I think both fan bases can respect and appreciate that a great deal, I know I do.
                    I'd like to hear more about the ones who aren't "college age."
                    We are usually convinced more easily by reasons we have found ourselves than by those which have occurred to others.
                    ---Blaise Pascal

When two opposite points of view are expressed with equal intensity, the truth does not necessarily lie exactly halfway between them. It is possible for one side to be simply wrong.
                    --Richard Dawkins

UNH Wildcats: Winners, 20XX NCAA Men's Hockey National Championship

Comment

Originally posted by wylie View Post
                      I was at last nights game and wanted to mention something to the BC fans. After player introductions, the lights were dimmed at Mariucci arena, a spotlight was on BC head coach Jerry York. The public address person told the sold out crowd that York broke the record (the night before) for the most Division 1 wins in college hockey history. The fans gave York a standing ovation!
                      We have our rivalries but true hockey fans recognize this great accomplishment.
                      Thanks for pointing that out. I was there too and it truly was a moment of great sportmanship. Very classy, all around.
                      Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
                        Thanks for pointing that out. I was there too and it truly was a moment of great sportmanship. Very classy, all around.
                        BC Coach Jerry York took time out to praise the Gophers and their fans for their pregame ovation, recognizing the coach for his all-time coaching wins record. "That was very classy" said York. York also praised the Gophers for their work on the ice: "They moved the puck well, very fast. They definitely deserved to win."

http://www.gopherpucklive.com/

Comment

Originally posted by goblue View Post
                          You lose a lot of that "college" spirit when your team is full of 21 year old freshmen and 25 year old seniors. The teams that have no other choice but to recruit older players to be competitive obviously don't have a problem with it, but again, it's pretty pathetic when you're skating men vs teenagers.

Comment

Originally posted by carltonbarrett View Post
                            BC & MN are a lot alike in that they run clean, exciting and successful programs, with mostly college age kids traditionally from their home states/regions and I think both fan bases can respect and appreciate that a great deal, I know I do.
                            Originally posted by goblue View Post
                            i'm a bit older than college age and it's what carltonbarrett said above...................... I just read about what Minnesota did for Coach York before your game and it was beyond classy, bravo! That's another way the programs are alike IMO. Not only do they run clean , exciting and successful programs but they do it with quiet class from what i see. I would have expected BC to do something like that in the same setting under the same circumstances as you guys did for Jerry

Comment

• Originally posted by inyorkwetrust View Post
                              That was embarrassing. Set the tone for the whole game. Hard to say much with garbage like that going on, especially being on the road without several key guys.

Whatever, BC will get the last laugh if we meet again in the tourney.
                              BC better play better. More importantly if mn has their A game going there isn't a team in college hockey who can beat them. This weekend was like the MSU weekend, utter domination. Good luck the rest of the year.
                              Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
                              dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
                              wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by 4four4 View Post
                                BC better play better. More importantly if mn has their A game going there isn't a team in college hockey who can beat them. This weekend was like the MSU weekend, utter domination. Good luck the rest of the year.
                                Agreed that MN probably has a better "A" game than BC, but you're kidding yourself if you think this is the same BC team you'll see if and when they get their two D-men back (and Gaudreau). Down two D-men may not seem like that big a deal, but when they're 2 of your 3 non-freshmen and you're replacing them with MORE freshmen of the green, walk-on variety, you got serious problems. BC has been great all year and beaten up on top 10 competition, and it's no surprise that this happened with the guys they had out; frankly I could see it coming from a mile away. Again, not saying MN isn't the better team with full rosters on both sides, but I am saying you can expect a much, much tighter game if we meet again in the NCAA's.

Comment

Working...
                                X