This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston College '12-'13: Gaudreaubey Baker

good things can come out of this. sometimes eating humble pie once in a while is a good thing. Minnesota was lying in wait, make no mistake about it and they extracted revenge in a big way. Give 'em credit, learn from it and move on. Yale up next

Comment

Late congrats to Jerry York on setting the record. I'm also happy it got good coverage in the local media here in the Boston area as its quite an accomplishment.
      Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Rover? Is that you?

Comment

That was tough to watch. Good thing this game was before my new year's resolution to drink less takes effect.

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
            good things can come out of this. sometimes eating humble pie once in a while is a good thing. Minnesota was lying in wait, make no mistake about it and they extracted revenge in a big way. Give 'em credit, learn from it and move on. Yale up next
            This is exactly what worries me. Yes the team was waiting for this one and really went out to make a statement, and handled it very well. BC obviously didn't have the same motivation for this game as the Gophers. But can the gophers keep this going, especially if there is another meeting in April? Hope it will be interesting.

Comment

I love all of these people coming out of the wood work to comment on the lopsided loss. It's like BC hockey is Goliath and the rest of college hockey is David. Never in my life have I witnessed such strong emotion for the Mariucci Classic. The fact that their TV commentator compared it to the Frozen Four is hilarious.

BC was completely outmatched last night, but that's bound to happen throughout the course of the year. Take the old fashion beat down and move on. No excuses, as both teams were missing players.

BC has had a good run this year, but as we all feared in the beginning of the season, their lack of depth will be their demise.

Comment

Originally posted by Kenny View Post

but as we all feared in the beginning of the season, their lack of depth will be their demise.
                lack of depth "could" be their demise, i agree ,but a little too early to give up the ship, eh?

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
                  lack of depth "could" be their demise, i agree ,but a little too early to give up the ship, eh?
                  Ha, and if someone else wrote what Kenny did, he'd be all over them!

Comment

agreed on the depth issue, honestly upfront it concerns me more than on the blue line

coming into this tournament 50% of our goals have come from the 1st line (last 3 years from our top 3 goal scorers: 43, 46, 37). Take out your leading scorer and it’s no wonder you have issues putting the puck in the net.

Right now you can make a lineup of the bottom 2 lines (of players that have played nearly all the games) of: Dyroff-Smith-Sit & Silk-Spiro-Brown and those 2 lines would combine for: 4-7-11, about .67 points per game.

This team doesn’t have the talent of the last couple of years offensively but they need the secondary scorers to step up. Of those non-Gaudreau sophomores, no one has stepped up yet. Linell: 2-3-5, Sit: 0-2-2, Smith: 0-0-0 (I really like his game and it’s very valuable but 0 points in 16 games!).

Comment

Originally posted by Kenny View Post
                      I love all of these people coming out of the wood work to comment on the lopsided loss. It's like BC hockey is Goliath and the rest of college hockey is David. Never in my life have I witnessed such strong emotion for the Mariucci Classic. The fact that their TV commentator compared it to the Frozen Four is hilarious.

BC was completely outmatched last night, but that's bound to happen throughout the course of the year. Take the old fashion beat down and move on. No excuses, as both teams were missing players.

BC has had a good run this year, but as we all feared in the beginning of the season, their lack of depth will be their demise.
                      Yeah, really wish that he didn't go there. It was a nice win, but for any fan that actually pays more than casual attention a frozen four win still means a tiny tiny bit more than a holiday tourney.

Comment

I'm a little late on the congrats to York as well. Classy coach, amazing what he has done at BC since he arrived. I miss the early to mid '90s.
                        BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

First, lets get the complaining, whining, and excuses out of the way:

Minnesota's first goal should never have been called a goal. Ridiculous. Refs obviously gave Minny a huge advantage in power plays. BC being without two regular upper class defenseman really hurt(s). Playing that many frosh D is a problem, just look at the way Bjugstad embarrassed Sullivan. Pathetic. No Gaudreau.

Now, the credit:

Minnesota is really, really good. Impressive depth. Physical. Serious top end talent. Bjugstad is a stone cold beast. Just look at the way he embarrassed Sullivan. Impressive as heck. Wilcox looks legit. Really strong performance by him last night.

I'd love for BC to get another crack at Minny in the NCAAs, but to have a legit shot against them, they'll need their full roster, their "A" game, and Milner will have to match Wilcox save for save. That is all doable, but Minny at the top of their game looks to be a tough mountain to climb this year. I certainly couldn't see them winning 8-1 again, but they appear to be the better team from top to bottom.
                          The ORIGINAL Cross Check

Frozen Four appearances since 98'
                          BC - 12
                          BU - 2

BC Hockey 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012 National Champions

Comment

If we get another shot at Minny, can you just imagine the TRAP game the Eagles will throw at them?
                            Shut their arses right down I tell ya. No worries.
                            'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

A good article on Coach York from the NY Times: No ‘I’ in His Team, Including Him

Comment

Minnesota is slightly better than BC this year (even if Gaudreau plays). Minnesota is very deep and they added an outstanding goalie in Wilcox. With that said, BC is very capable of beating Minnesota in the NCAA's. Milner has to match Wilcox and stay out of the penalty box. Don't be surprised to see both teams in Pittsburgh in April

Comment

Working...
                                X