This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston College '12-'13: Gaudreaubey Baker

Next year's games against Minnesota are at Conte?
    Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
    Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
    Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Originally posted by claver2010 View Post
      I'm going to dig through but I've believe we've heard news on this.

20 league games
      2 Beanpot
      1 @ Brown
      1 Frozen Fenway (hopefully it's an OOC game)
      1 @ RPI (I remember hearing about this)
      ____ (this is based on message board from a poster on EA, looks like garbage rivals archives don't go back 8 months but my copy from EO is here: http://eagleoutsider.com/phpbb/viewt...art=30#p277543)
      2 vs. Minnesota
      2 vs. Michigan
      2 @ Denver
      2 @ NoDak
      1 @ Yale (we extended the deal to alternate 1 game per year)
      2 Florida Christmas Tourney (said we signed on to be the rep for a couple of years

Total games: 36 isn't that over the limit? Maybe NoDak would be the Ice Breaker and would get us back to 34?

The one benefit of this expansion is the OOC opportunities are awesome. No offense to the schools but I can only see so much of UML, UMass, UVM, etc.
      Hope the Everblades Tourney is for real. Nothing like spending a week in warm, sunny Florida and getting to see your favorite team play. If true, I know where I'll be the next two New Years!
      'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Originally posted by Thiessen'sBetter View Post
        If Jerry was really the great coach that you all claim he is, he would beat Huntsville with 6 attackers and an empty net
        Nah... that would only happen if we had an idiot for a coach.
        'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
          Next year's games against Minnesota are at Conte?
          don't know but after a few years of next to nothing in terms of big name western teams at conte our cup will overflow with the new scheduling even though i'm still not in favor of the change ...............but if a third BU game is added as one of the OCC games it will make the pill easier to swallow, IMO

Comment

I really see no need to have a scheduled 3rd game 'tween us. What purpose would it serve (other than the igles getting a W )
            a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by claver2010 View Post
              1 @ brown
              boom!
              Brown Bears - 2014 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
                don't know but after a few years of next to nothing in terms of big name western teams at conte our cup will overflow with the new scheduling even though i'm still not in favor of the change ...............but if a third BU game is added as one of the OCC games it will make the pill easier to swallow, IMO
                Ooh... I kinda like the change. Playing the western schools is just good stuff to watch.

Although, I hope playing fewer HE opponents won't hurt too much. By that I mean, I think HE is a lot stronger than a lot of folks give credit. When the Hockey East regular season and playoffs are done, the teams that survive and make the NCAA's are certainly battle tested. We actually play defense and have great goaltending in Hockey East.

Comment

Minnesota and Wisconsin are coming to Conte next year..i'm 95% sure of that. Wouldn't be surprised to see Yale series extended. Also heard we are playing Harvard next year...that's just a rumor though. Have heard zip about North Dakota, Denver, and Michigan.

Comment

Originally posted by BCHockeyfan View Post
                    Minnesota and Wisconsin are coming to Conte next year..i'm 95% sure of that. Wouldn't be surprised to see Yale series extended. Also heard we are playing Harvard next year...that's just a rumor though. Have heard zip about North Dakota, Denver, and Michigan.
                    I believe we have heard Wisco coming to Agganis next year as well. I wonder if it will be a "partner flip" Fri/Sat night deal... although as far as I know, we have heard no mention of BU / Minn for next year.

Comment

• Originally posted by BCWH Superfan joe View Post
                      ?? everyone is playing everyone home-and-home under the new format. Though I do support BC adding a third game annually against BU as a non-conference game.
                      Where is that stated?

Comment

Originally posted by WildShawn View Post
                        Where is that stated?
                        nowhere, as it is not accurate.
                        a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Where is that stated?
                          Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                          nowhere, as it is not accurate.
                          I think, other than we know the season is 20 games (two games against every team) that everything else is speculation.

Comment

Where is that stated?
                            here, so it must be true, right?

Comment

As far as I know, nobody has actually discussed BC and BU playing a third non-conference game. I'm just saying that I, personally, would like that.
                              BC Interruption: SB Nation's Boston College Eagles Community
                              -
                              Boston College Class of 2010

Comment

I don't want a 3rd "non-conference" game against BU. To me, if you play home and home without a 3rd meeting, it makes the Beanpot meeting more "meaningful" than it currently is.

Comment

Working...
                                X