This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
    Hopefully that one's on a Saturday night...would def make the short trip.
    I like their barn.
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Re: Boston College '12-'13: Gaudreaubey Baker

If Jerry was really the great coach that you all claim he is, he would beat Huntsville with 6 attackers and an empty net
      2016 and 2019 HOCKEY EAST CHAMPIONS
      2018, 2019 and 2020 BEANPOT CHAMPIONS

MATTHEWS ARENA 1910-Present: THE CATHEDRAL OF COLLEGE HOCKEY

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
        On the scheduling front, with the new league format next year, I'd imagine we'll be hearing some more news about new non-conference opponents for next year?
        What is the format next year with 11 teams?

Comment

• Originally posted by WildShawn View Post
          What is the format next year with 11 teams?
          20 league games

Comment

Originally posted by Thiessen'sBetter View Post
            If Jerry was really the great coach that you all claim he is, he would beat Huntsville with 6 attackers and an empty net
            Our women's team wouldn't have even needed the extra attacker against Maine a couple weeks ago:

http://hockeyeastonline.com/women/bo...p?wbc_mne1.d01
            Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
            Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
            Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
              Our women's team wouldn't have even needed the extra attacker against Maine a couple weeks ago:

http://hockeyeastonline.com/women/bo...p?wbc_mne1.d01
              lol, i saw that box score

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                On the scheduling front, with the new league format next year, I'd imagine we'll be hearing some more news about new non-conference opponents for next year?
                I'm going to dig through but I've believe we've heard news on this.

20 league games
                2 Beanpot
                1 @ Brown
                1 Frozen Fenway (hopefully it's an OOC game)
                1 @ RPI (I remember hearing about this)
                ____ (this is based on message board from a poster on EA, looks like garbage rivals archives don't go back 8 months but my copy from EO is here: http://eagleoutsider.com/phpbb/viewt...art=30#p277543)
                2 vs. Minnesota
                2 vs. Michigan
                2 @ Denver
                2 @ NoDak
                1 @ Yale (we extended the deal to alternate 1 game per year)
                2 Florida Christmas Tourney (said we signed on to be the rep for a couple of years

Total games: 36 isn't that over the limit? Maybe NoDak would be the Ice Breaker and would get us back to 34?

The one benefit of this expansion is the OOC opportunities are awesome. No offense to the schools but I can only see so much of UML, UMass, UVM, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                  20 league games
                  Is it safe to assume there will still be some home and homes, and then two game sets at or hosting ND and probably Maine (maybe UVM too)?

Comment

Originally posted by claver2010 View Post

20 league games
                    2 Beanpot
                    1 @ Brown
                    ____ (this is based on message board from a poster on EA, looks like garbage rivals archives don't go back 8 months but my copy from EO is here: http://eagleoutsider.com/phpbb/viewt...art=30#p277543)
                    2 vs. Minnesota
                    2 vs. Michigan
                    2 @ Denver
                    2 @ NoDak
                    2 Florida Christmas Tourney (said we signed on to be the rep for a couple of years

Total games: 36 isn't that over the limit? Maybe NoDak would be the Ice Breaker and would get us back to 34?

The one benefit of this expansion is the OOC opportunities are awesome. No offense to the schools but I can only see so much of UML, UMass, UVM, etc.
                    I heard UNH was playing in the Icebreaker next year, I think at Minnesota, but I can't confirm that..

Comment

Originally posted by claver2010 View Post

20 league games
                      2 Beanpot
                      1 @ Brown
                      2 vs. Minnesota
                      2 vs. Michigan
                      2 @ Denver
                      2 @ NoDak

BU is playing one at Michigan and MSU then they are returning the trip the next year so someone within a couple hours of BU is likely joining them on this trip. I guess it won't be you guys.

Comment

Originally posted by Agganis View Post
                        BU is playing one at Michigan and MSU then they are returning the trip the next year so someone within a couple hours of BU is likely joining them on this trip. I guess it won't be you guys.
                        UMass-Lowell.

Comment

Again, came from a message board so not sure how much credence to give it but for the 4 big 2 game weekends the homes will become away and vice versa in 2014-15 and the numbers are at least on the right track.

Comment

its weird to think, even though they're a pitiful program now, that we won't see Maine at the Whitt every year. With playing every team 3 times as we have since I've been watching, I've hated to 'waste' a non conference game on a conference opponent, but I wonder if there will be non-con games against conference opponents to fill the schedule...

Comment

Originally posted by WildShawn View Post
                              its weird to think, even though they're a pitiful program now, that we won't see Maine at the Whitt every year. With playing every team 3 times as we have since I've been watching, I've hated to 'waste' a non conference game on a conference opponent, but I wonder if there will be non-con games against conference opponents to fill the schedule...
                              ?? everyone is playing everyone home-and-home under the new format. Though I do support BC adding a third game annually against BU as a non-conference game.
                              BC Interruption: SB Nation's Boston College Eagles Community
                              -
                              Boston College Class of 2010

Comment

• Originally posted by BCWH Superfan joe View Post
                                ?? everyone is playing everyone home-and-home under the new format. Though I do support BC adding a third game annually against BU as a non-conference game.
                                I don't believe that is final yet. ND I believe wants to play some teams at home fri/sat then visit the others on the road back-to-back to control travel costs. UMO and UVM may piggy back that so it doesn't look like ND gets a sole benefit

Comment

Working...
                                X