X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston College '12-'13: Gaudreaubey Baker

Originally posted by claver2010 View Post
    Top goalie recruit Thatcher Demko was at BC this weekend, he plays for the US NTDP and beat Merrimack & tied UNH this weekend.

He's projected as a 2014
    Do we have a Goalie of the Future recruited right now? Is Billett in line to be the #1 next year?

Locking down a top-notch goalie for the next few years would be huge, as we're about to see a wave of outstanding recruiting classes.
    BC Interruption: SB Nation's Boston College Eagles Community
    -
    Boston College Class of 2010

Comment

I get that and agree. The fake John Henry and his niece/wife who married him for his charm are doing this for the kids. Same reason the pros like the Winter Classic and the football players who get zero while the schools get 10 million to play in a bowl game. they still have fun and love the experience.

My only point was that who cares if every school gets to pay if the players love it. JD going or not is beyond irrelevant. I doubt the players do it `hoping that the school makes more money, doubt it ever crossed their minds.

I have not seen one nhl team/player/coach not thrilled to play them, you would expect more so for the college kids.

Lowell, Amherst, PC and MC have a ton of local kids would enjoy the experience. Just because BC played there doesnt mean anything. Just means that BU played BC and both York and Parker said it was a great experience and one they will neevr forget and one that the BU players can bust dchops with their BC pals down the road on. Which they will

And yes JD, other people can have opinions as well, not just you. You really enjoy hearing yourself talk as well.
      Last edited by Hokydad; 12-13-2012, 08:39 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
        And yes JD, other people can have opinions as well, not just you. You really enjoy hearing yourself talk as well.
        You just quoted yourself (incorrectly) to say that someone else loves to hear himself talk? This is too good.

Comment

Originally posted by Agganis View Post
          You just quoted yourself (incorrectly) to say that someone else loves to hear himself talk? This is too good.
          Good value to the thread there, do you have an opinion on anything. You might want to get out once in a while if this is what you consider "too good"

Comment

Originally posted by BCWH Superfan joe View Post
            Do we have a Goalie of the Future recruited right now? Is Billett in line to be the #1 next year?

Locking down a top-notch goalie for the next few years would be huge, as we're about to see a wave of outstanding recruiting classes.
            Funny you should say that as they are talking with a high end kid right now...

Comment

My only point was that who cares if every school gets to pay if the players love it. JD going or not is beyond irrelevant.
              We've already established that me not going is irrelevant. I haven't said otherwise. You don't need to repeat yourself (something you love doing).

Just because BC played there doesnt mean anything. Just means that BU played BC and both York and Parker said it was a great experience and one they will neevr forget and one that the BU players can bust dchops with their BC pals down the road on. Which they will
              Why do you continue to say things that nobody has challenged? You're the king of the strawman argument. And if BU players really want to bust chops over the Fenway game, the conversation isn't gonna end well for them considering how the 2010 season ended. It would be like gloating over a Beanpot win when the other team goes on to the FF.

So you're saying I'm not the only one who can have an opinion? I agree.
              Last edited by J.D.; 12-13-2012, 08:55 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by BCWH Superfan joe View Post

Broke it out on EO but would be great if he could come 2013 (despite being very young) as it would continue the big time goalie recruit every two years.

This is what we have as of now:

2013-2014:
                Billet: JR
                Barone: JR

2014-2015:
                Billet: SR
                Barone: SR

2015-2016:
                Birdsall: FR

Comment

Anyway, when does the Frozen Fenway carnival finally end from the BC perspective (that should keep hoky away)?

As I mentioned, York said himself that it's not something you should do every other year...yet it continues to happen.

And as others have pointed out, BC has lost the home game in both games they've played.

Comment

Good value to the thread there, do you have an opinion on anything. You might want to get out once in a while if this is what you consider "too good"
                    Don't stop him. He's on a roll. Hokiedope redux.
                    Originally posted by mookie1995
                    bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
                    Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
                    Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

Lets get rid of it, BC played so that is all that matters....

In short, the fans voted with their ticket purchases and gave Frozen Fenway an unambiguous thumbs up.

As for the players and coaches, Frozen Fenway became the thrill of a lifetime.

First, let’s hear from the losing locker rooms (ummm, make that clubhouses).

“The whole thing was absolutely fabulous,” said New Hampshire coach Dick Umile. “Congratulations to Hockey East and the Red Sox. We had two overtime games here tonight at Fenway and 40,000 people. It doesn’t get any better than that.

“I’m thankful we had an opportunity to be part of it.”

“It was unbelievable,” said the Wildcats’ Kevin Goumas. “As a kid you just dream about playing college hockey, much less playing at a ballpark in front of 30,000 fans and playing against a rival like Maine. The atmosphere was unbelievable.”

Vermont coach Kevin Sneddon, whose Catamounts fell to 1-11-1 in Hockey East play with the loss, talked of how his downtrodden players had been all smiles leading up to the Fenway game and how “We have to find our Fenway” the rest of the way.

As for the winners …

“We treated this like another Hockey East game,” said Massachusetts coach Don “Toot” Cahoon. “[But] we knew it was more and you couldn’t help but feel it, given the intensity of the crowd and the party-like atmosphere. It was a great event from my perspective.”

“You can’t help but notice you’re at Fenway Park,” said UMass goaltender Jeff Teglia. “I’ll never forget it. I found out this morning [I'd get the start] and I can’t tell you how much it meant to me.”

“What a great night,” said Maine coach Tim Whitehead. “The fans were unbelievable, really a great atmosphere. It was electric out there. It was great experience for all of our guys.”

“It was a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity,” said the Black Bears’ Brian Flynn.

Last but not least, check out what Joey Diamond had to say about playing at Fenway. Diamond, by the way, is a Yankees fan.

“I thought it was the coolest thing playing in a venue like this,” he said. “It was very special.”

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                        Anyway, when does the Frozen Fenway carnival finally end from the BC perspective (that should keep hoky away)?

As I mentioned, York said himself that it's not something you should do every other year...yet it continues to happen.

And as others have pointed out, BC has lost the home game in both games they've played.
                        I think it will happen for awhile. I believe BC has a relationship with FSG through promoting BC's teams and FSG is pretty desperate for the money.
                        Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                        Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Originally posted by claver2010 View Post
                          Broke it out on EO but would be great if he could come 2013 (despite being very young) as it would continue the big time goalie recruit every two years.

This is what we have as of now:

2013-2014:
                          Billet: JR
                          Barone: JR

2014-2015:
                          Billet: SR
                          Barone: SR

2015-2016:
                          Birdsall: FR
                          not to repeat myself from EA but with the monster class coming in next year it would be a shame to not have a top goalie as well. Jury still out on Billet

Comment

Always remember though, its not about the teams, players and coaches,

Toot and Fenway
                            While Cahoon has already commented in the preceding section on the event, he holds a special place among hockey people and Fenway Park. He’s thrown out a first pitch, coached UMass to Saturday’s overtime win, and …

… well, let’s let him tell it.

“I know there are 70,000 people that have said they were at Ted Williams’ last game when he hit a home run, but I actually was,” Cahoon said. “I was 11 years old and my dad brought me in. There might have been 14,000 people there because I know it was half empty.

“I can remember when Ted Williams hit [the home run], my dad jumping out of his seat, [yelling], ‘He did it! He did it!’

“I love this park. I love this city. It’s exciting for the team first and foremost and for the school, but on a personal level it’s very exciting.”

When asked once more about his Fenway notoriety, Cahoon turned humorous.

“It’ll be something they put on my gravestone, I suppose,” he said. “But I’d rather stay alive and not have that written real soon.”

The game between Harvard and Union on January 13 at 7 p.m. will now be played outdoors at Fenway Park as part of Sun Life Frozen Fenway 2012.

The game, originally scheduled for the Bright Hockey Center, will now be played as part of a doubleheader, following a Division III game between Babson and Norwich at 3:30 p.m.

“We’re excited about the opportunity to play at Fenway Park with all its history and tradition,” said Harvard head coach Ted Donato in a statement. “We’re looking forward to an incredible environment and the experience of a lifetime for our players.”

“It is an honor for our team to be involved in the first outdoor ECAC Hockey game at an historic venue such as Fenway Park,” Union head coach Rick Bennett added. “This will be an unforgettable experience for our student-athletes, staff and fans.”

I’m ecstatic,” UNH senior Micaela Long said. “It’s a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity and great for women’s hockey. The adrenalin will be pumping, so I’m not sure how much we’ll be thinking about the crowd or the ice surface. I think we’ll be just focusing on the game. The opportunity is unbelievable.”

Although the men are more accustomed to large crowds, they seemed no less awestruck about the opportunity. “Growing up in the Boston area and being a Red Sox fan, I don’t think words can express how excited I am about being part of this atmosphere,” BU sophomore defenseman David Warsofsky said.

“I think we’re all excited,” Eagles goalie John Muse said. “Growing up in Boston as a huge Sox fan, playing at Fenway has always been something that you’ve heard about, so to have it happen is a dream come true.”

The sunny, muggy weather for a morning news conference — held in foul territory on the first-base side of the field — matched the fever pitch of all parties involved. “Growing up here, I always thought I’d make it here as a shortstop,” BC coach Jerry York said. “But the pitchers got a lot better, and I’m awful glad to be here coaching. When I speak to [Boston Herald writer] Jocko Connolly and other sportswriters, I always say that BU and BC could play on Victory Field in Watertown and have a great crowd. I never quite envisioned that we’d come here to Fenway Park. We’re very excited about it. It’s a terrific opportunity for our coaches, fans, and players to take part in this spectacle. It’s going to be outstanding.”

Read more: http://www.uscho.com/2009/08/20/fenw...#ixzz2EwliIqXB

Comment

Lets get rid of it, BC played so that is all that matters....

In short, the fans voted with their ticket purchases and gave Frozen Fenway an unambiguous thumbs up.
                              Yeah. When BC played BU, the first time, it was sold out. And when UNH played historic rival Maine the first time either played outdoors, that was also pretty **** close to sold out. Those were special events that really were once in a lifetime, or at least so it seemed.

But then when they had BC play Northeastern two years later, there were like 12,000 people there. And this was Northeastern's first time so you have to imagine interest was as high as it's ever gonna be for NU to be in that event.

That would seem to indicate to me that 1) schools outside of the "big four" don't have the fanbase necessary to carry an event like this to big attendance and 2) once you've done it, the novelty has worn off, since there was such a dropoff in BC attendance.

But of course I could be completely wrong, maybe Maine could play there 50 times and get 38K every time. I'm not holding my breath.

It's whatever, at this point. I don't like it, I wish it wouldn't happen, but I'm not overly bothered either way - I just won't be there, that's all.
                              BC Interruption: SB Nation's Boston College Eagles Community
                              -
                              Boston College Class of 2010

Comment

Jesus hoky take your drivel elsewhere.

No too hard to grasp, don't care if other teams play in it, ****ed BC is once again losing a marquee home game over it.

Comment

Working...
                                X